Looking for a YouTube video

secrecyguy

Oct 15, 2008
Southern California
www.youtube.com
I am trying to find this video. I thought I saved it in my Favorites on YouTube but I didn't. If anyone knows the link, that will be great.

This video mostly aimed at people who graduated high school or currently college.

Basically what this video talk about is finding a career job that you enjoy doing and like to do.

If anyone knows the link, let me know. Thanks!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Not really feeling starting a new thread so I'll resurrect this chestnut.

(And I just spelled "resurrect" so poorly that even Windows didn't know what I was trying to say and I had to Google it. That's always embarrassing.)

Do you all watch Youtube a lot? If so what are the main genres of videos you watch?

Youtube is probably about 50% of all my TV watching. My main categories are, in order:

-Disney news and streams
-Video game news, streams and reviews
-Watch reviews and info
-Music videos and concerts
-Cute animal videos

There are other areas too but I get my real news and sports mostly from websites and podcasts and old TV.

Now that I have the Vizio and work from home I watch most of my Youtube on the TV. It's nice because stuff is in 4K but I can't add adblockers to the TV so I have to sit through ads. They're not that bad though...ranging from 5 seconds before it let's you skip them to 15 seconds. It's never more than 15 seconds but I'm spoiled from adblocker use.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
YouTube is great. I guess mostly what I watch are movie clips, a scene I remembered and wanted to see again.
Or sometimes hard to find old movies end up getting posted there so get to watch an old classic for free.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Lately what I've been watching a lot of on YouTube is episodes of the classic 1950s-60s game shows I've Got A Secret, To Tell The Truth and What's My Line? Here is one of my favoritest What's My Line episodes: October 13, 1963. Mystery guest Groucho Marx signed in as "Mr. & Mrs. John Smith."

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Oh yea, I also watch a bunch of camping videos. Both van camping and real camping and at many different luxury levels. I haven't been camping or slept in my car for a night in years (my Phish touring days) but I am still quite fascinated with both. There's this one couple...like Kate and some guy and their whole life is being on vacation. During Covid they came back to the US and became car camping people. They are rather glam. Then there are these 2 different Canadians: Camping with Steve and Foresty Forest. The first does stealth camping which is fun and the other lives in one of those bigger GMC vans and hikes mountains by himself. All 3 channels are neat.

Lately what I've been watching a lot of on YouTube is episodes of the classic 1950s-60s game shows I've Got A Secret, To Tell The Truth and What's My Line? Here is one of my favoritest What's My Line episodes: October 13, 1963. Mystery guest Groucho Marx signed in as "Mr. & Mrs. John Smith."

Old gameshows are a fun category.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
* I use it as a music player. I have several playlists. Some I made like "Songs I don't own" "Older songs I don't own". Some others made and update like "Maximum Decibels" and "Hard And Heavy" - a way to find new music. Some are albums I don't own (playlist containing each song in the order of the album).

* I watch TV shows. I've watched every episode of Three's Company, IT Crowd, In Living Color and more. I've watched a ton of old and new Whose Line Is It Anyway, and also Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza.

* I watch movie trailers, new and old.

* Even though most music videos suck, I keep a playlist of the good ones.

* It's a resource for finding stuff you've seen and want to show others (I showed my wife "Who's On First" last night, and I've shown my son all of the Mel Blanc Spanish guy scenes from Jack Benny's show where he says "Si" a lot, and I posted Weather With Al on here a little while ago). And stuff others mention that I want to see (a friend said I'd like a scene from a Young Sheldon episode, so I looked it up and watched it). And stuff you haven't seen in years (I saw a documentary about Nostradamus when I was a kid that gave me nightmares. I found it on YouTube and it was interesting to see how tame it seems to me now).

* Educational videos. My favorite channel is CGPGrey. When my son was younger, we'd watch Brusspup videos together (optical illusions and fun science).

* Stuff that makes the news. Like Stephen Pearcy, Layne Staley and Vince Neil bombing on stage, for example. When I see a headline like
Ratt Fans Boo as Stephen Pearcy Struggles Through Another Show I want to see the fan footage of it. Usually that stuff hits Twitter first, then YouTube.

There's probably more but that's likely the bulk of my viewing.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I find a lot of guitar lessons on YouTube.
If we would have had YouTube when I was a kid learning how to play, I might actually be pretty good by now.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
For the past year or so, I've been posting my favorite artists from the 60's to today. That has now taken up more than 50 pages in my thread. With up to 5 videos per post, and 20 posts per page, that's uh... a lot of YouTube videos. And I actually spend the time to find the best performance of each song I post for every artist. So that's 95% of what I use YouTube for.

I used to look at watch reviews (not really anymore). I use it when I'm researching some purchase, like a kayak or a life vest etc. I use it to pull-up TV segments I missed, like SNL or CBS Sunday Morning.

I've recently come across two different people who watch British comedy game shows on YouTube, as a substitute for American TV.

Reactions: Aaron and HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Here is a hilarious What's My Line? parody with Art Carney impersonating John Daly, Betty Garrett impersonating Arlene Francis, Gloria Vanderbilt impersonating Dorothy Kilgallen and David Doyle impersonating Bennett Cerf.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I like dog rescue videos but goodness I watch you tube for just about everything especially when i'm having a snack. My Sweetie introduced me to it with Charlie Bit My Finger but she never uses it. anymore. I don't think she even realizes it is on our tv's. The choices are infinite.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
There’s nothing like spending $760k to have something so exclusive that 884 million other people have already seen.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
What's next? Buying memories?

Right now I'm thinking about something that happened at my 12th birthday party. That thought is up for sale. Bidding starts at $10k.

I keep the memory, but you can say you own it.