Lynx Won't Power On

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by Schmidty, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Schmidty

Schmidty Member

My lynx was on internet, but off the home dock overnight and it ended up locking up. I removed the battery and left it out for a little while, then put it back in to try and reset it, but it will not power up. Does anyone know if there another reset technique I can try? Thank you.

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I thought there was a 3 button android hard reboot thing you could do, but I'm not seeing it anywhere.

Try pulling the battery again to make sure it's fully set right. Also, pull the power from the dock and plug it back in again too.

If you still don't have any luck, call SXM Advanced Customer care at 866-635-2349. They can help you troubleshoot it too.

3. Schmidty

Schmidty Member

Yeah, thank you HecticArt, still no luck, I'll try the hotline. Thank you again.

HecticArt likes this.
  4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Good luck, and keep us posted.

5. Schmidty

Schmidty Member

The folks at that number could offer me no real technical assistance, but after a few transfers, I found that I was eligible for a warranty replacement and another Lynx is already on its way to my house :) Thanks!

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Glad that they are taking care of you Schmidty!

Schmidty likes this.
  7. Schmidty

Schmidty Member

Me too, simply great customer service!

8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It's been getting better. The Advanced Customer Care group are the ones that get things done. I don't know much on the specifics, but the regular call center seems to be the number that isn't as capable of taking care of much more than the basics as efficiently.

9. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

They keep changing their number. :(

I used to have a direct number to Nova Scotia...when I called in December to re-up, I was talking to who-knows-where and I had to be transferred to someone who could help.

The thing that I don't like? They always claim "We don't have promotions at this time" but they do...they need to give their front lines some promotion access.