Mac OS Ken

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by TX WJ, Jul 13, 2013.

1. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I listen to Ken Ray every day to get my tech news, anyone else listen to him?

2. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

I listen once in a while, but I often find I get irritated at his delivery style. So I listen for a week or 2, stop for a while, listen again, and so on. Not sure what I don't like, exactly, but something there grates on me just a bit.

I've watched him sit in on MacBreak Weekly and don't really get irritated then, so maybe being part of a panel tempers what I don't like.

3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I try to get into Tech podcasts (since that's what I'll be doing after school) but I get bored with a lot of them after a while. Same way I feel about sports, I like sports, but don't like hearing people talk about it.

4. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

For me, it usually takes time to find the ones that resonate. I have some that I consider "must listens" and others that are grazing material. There are also some that I just don't like at all.

If you think you'd like to listen to more, just don't give up - be sure to sample as many as you can. I avoid those that are geared at teaching/covering topics in-depth and tend to gravitate to the ones where people are just shooting the breeze about topics. If I also happen to learn something, cool. If not, oh well, at least I enjoyed the show.

Also, give each one a few listens before deciding if you like it or not - lets you get a feel for the overall flow of the show (since not every one can be a winner).

5. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I like his sense of humor. I wish he had the same wit when he is on Mac Break Weekly etc.