Massive Price Drops on Lynx Kits, TTR1, SkyDock

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I may get another home dock as a backup.

Ehil, send a PM to SXM_Help. They have reportedly been able to help people do that.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I may get another home dock as a backup.

Ehil, send a PM to SXM_Help. They have reportedly been able to help people do that.

Thanks for the info. I read that it doesn't have the artist alert feature. I can't live without that. I guess I'll stick with my old Sporster Replay till something else comes along.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Thanks for the info. I read that it doesn't have the artist alert feature. I can't live without that. I guess I'll stick with my old Sporster Replay till something else comes along.

Thank the recording industry lawyers for that gem.
It's a great radio. If your Sportster dies, the Lynx is fat with features. I'm looking forward to the next level of On-Demand that they were talking about at CES.

dlnester

Oct 15, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
I got my Lynx for Christmas. Cashed in a bunch of Best Buy certificates to get the car dock... but now I'm going to HAVE to get the home dock now. I probably won't hook up the Satellite Antenna but use it only with the internet service.

PS> TSS Radio Rocks!

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Thank the recording industry lawyers for that gem.
It's a great radio. If your Sportster dies, the Lynx is fat with features. I'm looking forward to the next level of On-Demand that they were talking about at CES.

I don't get that. All that feature does is alert you when say Metallica is on a channel. That is my favorite feature by far. If they ever add it I will jump on that radio.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I don't get that. All that feature does is alert you when say Metallica is on a channel. That is my favorite feature by far. If they ever add it I will jump on that radio.

It was mentioned in a thread a long time ago. It sounded silly to me, but it had something to do with people being able to record songs more easily.

Lawyers. Go figure. :idunno:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Makes me wonder, price drop on these units. Does that mean new units will be coming out shortly?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
No new units coming out. There might be some slight changes to the Onyx around the 4th quarter. I think it's likely they are simply trying to move products that they have too much inventory of.

That cool, I do like the new price tag for the Lynx, which I haven't gotten around to buy yet. I see that your out of stock, by chance do you know when you might get more in soon?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
That cool, I do like the new price tag for the Lynx, which I haven't gotten around to buy yet. I see that your out of stock, by chance do you know when you might get more in soon?

We probably will have more back in Monday afternoon. Feel free to call in the order and ask for a DRC discount. We can take off another $10.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
No new units coming out. There might be some slight changes to the Onyx around the 4th quarter. I think it's likely they are simply trying to move products that they have too much inventory of.

Think they may be just be trying to get more radios on the street and some fresh buzz before they roll out the new personalized service?

Dwoman

Dec 24, 2009
North Carolina
wow, great price, going to purchase a home dock; make that i just purchased from TSS. Thanks for letting us know about the price drop, great deal.

Last edited:

bearweiman

Dec 31, 2012
Just received my home dock today for my lynx purchased it through Tss Radios. Love the dock sound quality is great when hooked up to my home stereo. Great price and great service and fast shipping. Thanks again Tss Radio

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I got an exciting email this morning alerting me of a manufacturer price drop on 4 SiriusXM products.

The TTR1 Internet Radio goes from $149.99 to $79.99

Two Questions concerning the TTR1:

Does anyone know if it can pick up the On-Demand stuff on XM online. Guessing yes but want to be sure.

Can you pickup NON-XM online stations such as 700WLW etc.

Thanks,

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Two Questions concerning the TTR1:

Does anyone know if it can pick up the On-Demand stuff on XM online. Guessing yes but want to be sure.

Can you pickup NON-XM online stations such as 700WLW etc.

Thanks,

No.
No.

TTR1 is SXM online only. No pause/rewind/skip functionality. No MySXM or OnDemand. I think you can get internet only channels. No non-SXM channels at all.