Memebag Buy A Bicycle

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by memebag, Aug 2, 2016.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

ok, my bike accessory shopping is now complete. i got the bungee cords for the luggage rack and front and rear lights this week and i just now ordered a U lock to go along with the cable lock i got at the bike shop. i'm getting used to the seat so i don't think i will be replacing it. so far i have rode around 15 miles total and am really enjoying it. thanks again meme for talking me out of a walmart bike!

semipenguin, HecticArt and memebag like this.
  2. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Outstanding. The next step is spandex tights and taint lube.

semipenguin and HecticArt like this.
  3. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

if we can have a serious taint discussion for a second...so far i have found that it's not the taint that is sore. it's the very bottom part of both ass cheeks. not sure if this normal or if it's because of the seat, or my riding style, or my weight, but it is what it is.

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Words not being spoken anywhere else on earth but here......

Casual Fan, memebag and JHDK like this.
  5. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Those are the "sit bones", aka the ischial tuberosity. Do your muscles ache, or is your skin sore? If your ass skin is sore, that's chafing and taint lube can help. You smear it anywhere that chafes to reduce friction.

If your muscles/ass tissue aches, that's because your ass is soft from lack of riding. You can make it hard by riding more, but you have to pace yourself so you don't chafe the skin so much that you develop saddle sores, which can kill you.

HecticArt, semipenguin and JHDK like this.
  6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

These same words are coincidentally also being spoken in prisons from coast to cost at this very moment.
    :drccares:

7. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Nice rides everyone. I went through a few department store bikes while commuting 9 miles round trip to work and back. Each one lasted a year at the most. Finally decided to move up in the world and buy a real bike. [​IMG]

Not my bike, but the same model and color. I rave about the integrated lights (back ones are near the bottom of the seatstay), threaded cables, reflective paint on the frame tubes and tires, disc brakes and hard case tires.

I lose about a pound of air per day since the roads and sidewalks aren't perfect where I ride. It's been an excellent investment. Like most regular riders the endorphin highs are well worth the addiction and health benefits.

Casual Fan, memebag, JHDK and 2 others like this.
  8. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

I think most of Koop's ass issues stem from him breaking his gooch when he was 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semipenguin, HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  9. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i rode my bike 38.7 miles in february. well i bought the bike on 2.11 so i missed the first week and a half of the month. i don't have an odometer on the bike so i use google maps whenever i get home from a ride. i know 38.7 miles isn't that much in 17 days but for me it is. i went from doing no exercise at all to this so i'm happy with it.

10. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Excellent. Get Strava on your phone. It's the best for tracking miles and speed.

JHDK and semipenguin like this.
  11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I'm a dummy. I wanted to add a bit of air to my back tire today so I thought I'd use my car tire air pump. The nozzle on my bike tire is much smaller but I tried it anyway and of course wound up simply deflating the tire. I took the bike back to the shop and they gave me an adapter for the nozzle and now everything is fine but it was an annoyance.

12. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

You're deflating

JHDK likes this.
  13. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

You need a bike pump.

Casual Fan likes this.
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Well F me. I told you how I deflated my tire earlier...turns out I must have popped it too. When I looked at it a few mins ago the tire was flat again. My guess is that when I was wheeling it into the bike store after the deflation I must have unknowingly popped the inner tube. Looks like I'll be going back to the store sometime this weekend. :mad: And it looks like I'll be taking an Uber to pick up my Switch now.

15. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I'm surprised IRBS hasn't chimed-in yet with a Tom Brady joke.

HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  16. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

You need to learn to replace a tube. YouTube can explain it all.

Casual Fan, HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  17. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Just a head's up: This is not where babies come from, but it is how you become a dad. You accumulate first a garage and then stuff like bikes, bike pumps, inner tubes, multi-tools, hedge trimmers, etc. and before you know it, you're a dad.

JHDK, scotchandcigar and semipenguin like this.
  18. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Hedge trimmer is a euphemism

19. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

[​IMG]

Rain this morning, so the team decided to skip riding bicycles and just drink beer under an overpass.

20. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

About 15 years ago I ran a 5k race in the dead of summer...blistered and bloodied my feet...went out that same afternoon and bought a Trek 7100 hybrid bike. It was heaven. So easy to pedal...so light. Nothing on it gave me blisters.

download.jpg

Pretty much like this one, but mine is silver and green.