Memebag Buy Yet Another Ipad

Discussion in 'iOS, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch' started by memebag, Nov 10, 2014.

1. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I think this is my fourth. I dropped the iPad Air on Saturday and cracked the edge of the screen, so Sunday I bought an iPad Air 2. It's a little thinner and it has Touch ID. I was hoping to wait until the iPad Pro was released before I bought another, but I couldn't look at that broken screen every day without triggering deep rage.

semipenguin likes this.
  2. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Buy a plan through Squaretrade. It cost me $99 and my mini is covered for drops and stuff. They replaced my PS3. It F'd up I sent it in. Two days later the full price I paid was sent to me. I bought a new PS3 and another Squaretrade plan. $99 for 2 years is a good deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

3. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Mathematically it can't be a good deal. If it was Squaretrade would lose money.

4. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

That's how it always is with any type of insurance. I get it because I have a little one that likes to drop things or run into things. It was a good deal for me.

5. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

You're both right. For a small number of policyholders, it's a good idea. For the majority of policyholders, it's money down the drain.

On the average, it's better to self-insure whenever possible. Ehilbert's kid makes him other than average.

Also, memebag just wanted a new iPad. You can get the screen fixed on the cheap locally. Yes, it will void the warranty. But after a year, pfft.

6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I had a look at the gold one while I was at the Apple Store having my phone looked at. It's nice, might be worth it when the money is right.