Merger!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I got a letter yesterday and here's the deal in a nutshell.

Shareholders of ioWorldMedia, based in Florida as "ioWorldMedia" is merging with Radioio, Inc., which is a newly formed corporation in Nevada and a wholly-owned subsidiary of ioWorldMedia "Radioio". the merger was approved by common and preferred shareholders of ioWorldMedia.

What they want to do is move ioWorldMedia's "state of incorporation" from Florida to Nevada, change ioWorldMedia's name to "Radioio, Inc." as well as to simplify capital structure and recude number of outstanding shares of capital stock. Radioio will be the surviving corporation in the merger and Radioio will continue ioWorldMedia's current business, bla bla bla......

So, apparently:
1) The parent company of RadioIO is starting a side company.
2) They're merging
3) The merged company (under the new name) is moving to Nevada.

Do I have that right?

I wonder if I could call the guy up and, as a shareholder (of worthless stock, hahaha!) ask what they're planning on doing with their top-level talent in the next fiscal year.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Good luck with getting that information (talent and stock) out of them.

Like your stock, my stock is worth about $.25, I think.

They would be better off just keeping it unless we are going to get a premium.

As far as BTLS, I doubt he will be on RadioIo after December 31st, once his contract ends, which I view as being a good thing. Download everything you can now while its still available.

I have researched BTLS 2014 on the interwebs and havent found anything yet, so we will see what happens.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Good luck with getting that information (talent and stock) out of them.

Like your stock, my stock is worth about $.25, I think.

They would be better off just keeping it unless we are going to get a premium.

As far as BTLS, I doubt he will be on RadioIo after December 31st, once his contract ends, which I view as being a good thing. Download everything you can now while its still available.

I have researched BTLS 2014 on the interwebs and havent found anything yet, so we will see what happens.

Completely agree there on all parts. The stock was (is?) a nice bonus, but it's no harm no foul there. I really did it for the archives and on-demand listening over everything else.

If he was going to be on RadioIO next year in any capacity, you think someone would have heard something. I'm thinking we get 1-2 years of a 2009-2010 situation, then hopefully 1-2 (or maybe more) years exclusive to Sirius. Maybe there can still be hope for the "Howard passing the reigns to Bubba" thing that a lot of people were dreaming of back in 2006-2007.

I'm completely delusional, but remember when Howard was on CBS mornings and O&A were on in the afternoon? The logic was that you could listen to Howard in the morning, then flip over for your afternoon drive. Alternatively, if you wanted music the whole time, you could do that as well.

Morning Drive: O&A
Late morning/noontime: Ron and Fez
Early afternoon: Bubba
Late afternoon: Ellis

Maybe you'd have some overlap, but I'm sure a lot of people would love that setup once Howard leaves. Of course, there'd still be something somewhere on the SiriusXM dial with old Howard shows and clips and whatnot.

And as far as downloading everything possible, I just found an extension for Chrome called "Download Master" which makes it super-easy. :) I highly recommend it. Sure, it still takes a long time to actually download the stuff, but you can create your various folders based on year and month, then go into Chrome's settings to download straight into those folders (which can be a pain since you have to tell each month on the IO site to download into each folder and change the settings each time), but it sure beats any other way.

Last edited: