Miller Time on Real Jazz

Discussion in 'Jazz, Blues, Standards, Ambient' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Jan 26, 2013.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

New show on SXM 67 Real Jazz

Miller Time with Marcus Miller
    Sundays @ 6:00 pm ET
    Esteemed producer/composer and bassist Marcus Miller joins Real Jazz’ Grammy winning line-up of hosts (Wynton Marsalis & Dee Dee Bridgewater are the others) with his new two-hour program Miller Time. Like the all-around musician he is, Miller serves up a 360 degree musical sample of jazz from the roots to the future, bebop to hip-hop, blues to fusion, old-time swing to new jack swing and anything in between.

Rebroadcast: Tuesdays @11:59 pm ET

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That looks like a great show. :cool:

3. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

This sounds great. I hope they put it on the On Demand lineup.

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

This would be great On-Demand. I have a hard time making it to "appointment listening" shows.

5. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

I do too which is why I love the On Demand feature. I wish they had the feature for all timed shows but having it on some is better than none.

6. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

I enjoyed Beyond Jazz and the Jazz Tutorial for Young People. I didn't catch much of Miller Time as I went out walking but I'll catch what it is all about soon.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  7. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

[​IMG]

Marcus Party with Marcus Miller
    Tonight 6:00 pm ET
    Every few weeks Marcus Miller throws a “Marcus Party,†music from the groovier side of jazz. He says it’s music to “move to and groove to, music for your mind and your body,†including tracks from Robert Glasper, Lee Morgan, Earth, Wind & Fire, Sergio Mendes, Ronnie Laws and others.

Rebroadcast: Tues 11/26 12:00 am ET