Garth Brooks "Friends In Low Places"
Manhattan Transfer "Boy From New York City"
Metallica "The Memory Remains"
Michael Jackson "Bad"
Oasis "Supersonic"
Our Lady Peace "Superman's Dead"
Wilson Phillips "You're In Love"

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
More songs I can't stand:

Michael Jackson "Bad"
Oasis "Supersonic"
Our Lady Peace "Superman's Dead"
Wilson Phillips "You're In Love"
I like these:
Michael Jackson "Bad"
Oasis "Supersonic"

Reactions: sadchild

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Me too. Most got overplayed, but nowadays Supersonic is a real treat.
I was really into Oasis in the 90s. But that has faded. For a period of time I actually didn't want to hear one of their songs. But now I can listen again. But unless it comes up on one of my old cassette playlists, I never hear them anymore.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
A few hard rock songs I absolutely can't stand

Limp Bizkit "Faith"
Wes Borland: "What we've heard from George Michael's people is that he hates it and hates us for doing it. He apparently really despises it." Me too.

Reload was bad enough without whatever Marianne Faithfull thought she was adding to this song

Metallica/Lou Reed "The View"
I AM THE TABLE! As each Metallica album got worse from Load to Reload to Garage (Disc 1 anyway) to St Anger to Death Magnetic, I wondered how they could possibly get any worse. They responded back in flying colors. Lulu was like putting bad heavy metal soundtrack behind a 70 year old preacher being interviewed on PBS.

Twisted Sister "Leader Of The Pack"
After rocking Stay Hungry like it was religion, I couldn't believe how bad of a choice this was to cover. And how badly they did it. And how bad the video was. And how bad the rest of the album was. And...

Warrant "Cherry Pie"
Lyrics so bad make a grown man cry. Possibly the cheesiest hair band song ever recorded, and that's a title not easily earned.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
A few hard rock songs I absolutely can't stand

Twisted Sister "Leader Of The Pack"
After rocking Stay Hungry like it was religion, I couldn't believe how bad of a choice this was to cover. And how badly they did it. And how bad the video was. And how bad the rest of the album was. And...
So you didn't like the song? lol Thanks for bringing this one back to memory. I had luckily forgotten it.
Warrant "Cherry Pie"
Lyrics so bad make a grown man cry. Possibly the cheesiest hair band song ever recorded, and that's a title not easily earned.
I never really heard this one that much in the 80s. I remember hearing this on an old XM commercial (before they merged). The guy was listening to this song on XM in his car and people are looking at him. It was kind of a cool commercial (despite my describing it). This is the song they chose to draw people to the service.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Reload was bad enough without whatever Marianne Faithfull thought she was adding to this song

Seriously, would someone please get that woman a cough drop!!?!

• Haha

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I actually liked a lot of Garth Brooks early stuff, “Much too young to feel this damn old” is still a favorite, and at one time I knew “Friends in Low Places” on guitar. Lost interest after the whole Chris Gaines debacle.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Metallica/Lou Reed "The View"
I AM THE TABLE! As each Metallica album got worse from Load to Reload to Garage (Disc 1 anyway) to St Anger to Death Magnetic, I wondered how they could possibly get any worse. They responded back in flying colors. Lulu was like putting bad heavy metal soundtrack behind a 70 year old preacher being interviewed on PBS.
That was beyond bad.
I mean......damn.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I hate 99.9% of all rap songs. Here is one that I really really REALLY hate. Busta Rhymes' Woo-Hah!! Got You All In Check reached #6 on the R&B chart and #8 on the Hot 100 in April 1996. "Yah yah yah yah yah"? No no no no no!!!