my custom station the boneyard

Kevin2500

Nov 12, 2008
clinton ohio
do you have a iphone. if so could you try catching my custom station because it refuses to catche on my iphone 4. the idiots at slacker chat says its due to too many artists. i thought at slacker radio you can make unlimited stations, i guess not.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I no longer have one. I was hoping to cache using my Nexus 4 but it wasn't giving me the option.

EDIT: Now it gives me the option. I'll try the cache once I get to Wi-Fi.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
do you have a iphone. if so could you try catching my custom station because it refuses to catche on my iphone 4. the idiots at slacker chat says its due to too many artists. i thought at slacker radio you can make unlimited stations, i guess not.

I will attempt next time I cache.

Kevin2500

Nov 12, 2008
clinton ohio
i used hardrockin80's artist catalog. slacker has almost of hardrockin80's artists. i made my station around 2009 and sort of forgot about it,and around 2012 i added more artists. it was up to 580 and i took it town to 513. my fine tune settings are fringe and older.

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
I tried to cache it a while back and no dice. I've even had issues getting it to play online. The number of artists may have something to do with it.

Kevin2500

Nov 12, 2008
clinton ohio
I tried to cache it a while back and no dice. I've even had issues getting it to play online. The number of artists may have something to do with it.

enjoy the station while you can because sometime next year i may end up deleting it. hopefully slacker will go back to the old design website. i miss searching for hard to find songs.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
It cached for me no problem overnight. I have a Nexus 4 and the Android application will do automatic overnight caching.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Kevin2500

Nov 12, 2008
clinton ohio
its strange because my station catches on android products but its not catching on the iphone 4 at all. i think something is messed up on slacker's end.can you overnight catche on the iphone.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
its strange because my station catches on android products but its not catching on the iphone 4 at all. i think something is messed up on slacker's end.can you overnight catche on the iphone.

Not that I know of.

I suggest you logout out your account (releases all cache). Delete the app from the iPhone , reboot the phone, and re-install from scratch. I have had some apps do strange stuff and this usually solves the problem.

Kevin2500

Nov 12, 2008
clinton ohio
i tried your theory and it will still not catche. this is the best station i made and im not remaking it because slacker has live album tracks from metallica and def leppard.

Kevin2500

Nov 12, 2008
clinton ohio
one question about the fine tune settings. the classic rock station my settings are set to fringe and current. im only hearing hits and no deep tracks at all or will i hear a deep track at the top of the hour.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
one question about the fine tune settings. the classic rock station my settings are set to fringe and current. im only hearing hits and no deep tracks at all or will i hear a deep track at the top of the hour.

I have found it all black magic and no setting does 100% what you want it to do. It's sort of a guideline.