My Lynx Is A Brick

Discussion in 'XM Radios' started by drfreeman777, Nov 26, 2015.

1. drfreeman777

drfreeman777 Active Member

its dead! will not even turn on.....
    you all here are a bit more tech than me!
    anything i can do or is it time to call and complain
    and get a new radio,this is my lifetime sub

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Ouch. Sorry to hear it man.
    Sorry to be over-obvious, but you've pulled the battery and made sure it's seated properly already?

Does it do anything when you hit the power button?

Have you tried to plug it into your computer?

3. drfreeman777

not a thing when i hit the power,cant really see how to pull the battery,will try hooking it to the computer

4. drfreeman777

lol well pulling the battery was easy but it did not do anything,they are sending me an onyx radio and no cost to transfer the lifetime sub

HecticArt likes this.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Well that was fast!
    Glad they hooked you up right away.
    Lynx's can be a little quirky, but are generally pretty solid units.
    :thumbup:

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Have you tried putting some putty around it and using it with other bricks to make a wall? Is it a really good brick or just an imitation brick?

(joking. sorry for your radio loss. glad you are getting a new one and a free transfer.)

7. drfreeman777

yeah i cant find the cord to plug it into the computer and try that but i assume its dead
    the onyxez they sent is good,very basic but very good sound,just really a radio for the kitchen
    so i have a lynx car kit i never used cuz i was always afraid to put it that radio in the extreme cold.
    and a home kit used if anyone needs it,i would be willing to give it to some one
    actually i checked the radio i did the first swap i did for the lynx with and it still works fine
    so i cant complain got that in the car

HecticArt likes this.
  8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

If you don't get any takers, TSS might buy the docks and whatever else you've got.

If my Lynx goes, I'm going with something simpler like a Starmate 8.
    I still like the plug and play, and I don't use half of the features that the Lynx has anyway.

9. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

There are two for sale in my hood. One for $50 and the other is asking $250.