My Xmp3i Radio Turns Iself On Without Me Doing Anything

Discussion in 'XM Portables' started by hwkn, Jul 9, 2015.

1. hwkn

hwkn Active Member

I'll turn the radio off after taking the battery out after recharging it and not long after that it'll turn back on(i'll turn it back off but not long after it'll be on again).It's been doing this off and on for the last few weeks.

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

My old Stiletto 2 used to do that, but I'm not so used to hearing about the XM radios doing it as much.
    Have you done a reset and erase?
    Factory reset?
    Firmware upgrade?

Is the battery life still doing OK?

3. hwkn

hwkn Active Member

The battery life is about 2 hours or so on a charge.[i'm doing a restore and erase right now]....it's on the latest firmware I do believe[bought it reconditioned a few months ago]

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

2 hours sounds like a battery drain issue. I've heard that a bad battery can make them reboot, but I'm not sure if it could cause them to wake up on their own.

5. hwkn

hwkn Active Member

The thing is after I recharge the battery I remove it so it doesn't overcharge......it's plugged in when it turns itself on.

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Curious. If your reset doesn't work, see if you can reinstall the firmware. (I've never done it, so I don't know how to go about that.) If that still doesn't work, you might give TSS a call. They know a lot about troubleshooting these things.

7. hwkn

hwkn Active Member

It's off right now after the reset so for right now it's fine.

HecticArt likes this.