New Android Phones

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well I dropped my pixel when trying to open a unit yesterday. Cracked the screen. I wouldn' need it fixed right away except it did more than break the glass. The whole top half of the screen didnt responded to touch.

I'm happy I pay for the insurance. I ran over to t mobile at lunch and they ordered me a new one and I was able to move my sim over to my old phone for the rest if the day. The new one was overnighted and I got it at like 1 today and everything is back to normal. It did still cost $105 so that's not great but it's a lot better than $900.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I got a new Samsung Galaxy S23 over the holiday break. I've been eligible for an upgrade since September or so, but I didn't need one. However, my S21's habit - locking-up and restarting randomly - got really frequent recently, like several times an hour (but then fine for several hours).

Anyway, I found that Verizon set the trap for me to do the upgrade: they offer $800 for trading-in my otherwise $120-market-value phone. So the new phone, at $849 with the 256gb memory, costs me $1.38/month. And by picking it up at a store in Portsmouth NH, I paid no sales tax.

The new phone is fine, it's supposedly better than the old phone. All my data and apps got transferred over, but of course I had to sign-in to everything again. And some apps had me start from scratch. One of them was my new password-less login app for work, SDO (Secret Double Octopus). I just got the return box to trade-in the old phone, so I'm getting that ready now. And it'll take a few weeks to get the credit. Otherwise, it's all the same.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I, too, have a Samsung Galaxy S23. The phone was introduced on February 17, 2023. Hey, it's been 11 months – time to make them obsolete!

Yes, when I looked online for information about the S23, I saw all the previews about the S24. I would've been happy with a discounted S22, but that's not the way cell providers work. Because then everyone would just buy last year's phone.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
My note 9 is still hanging in after several years, but it's starting to slow down a little.
I've been looking at the S23 Ultra, but if the 24 is coming out soon, I can wait just a little longer.
The back screen is cool.
1704332485497.png

Reactions: scotchandcigar