New Blackberry Tablet

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I think RIM will be DOA in 2-3 years. It will be an Android and Apple marketplace.
I'd put my money on RIM ditching their OS and integrating their Enterprise solutions into Android, iOS, Winm7, etc... I don't see them being able to compete with the current crop of smartphone OSs without MAJOR changes. But a business model of "buy one of these droid phones, an iphone, or one of these win7 phones and you can add on our enterprise solution for $x plus $y per month..." might let them stick around for a while.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I'd put my money on RIM ditching their OS and integrating their Enterprise solutions into Android, iOS, Winm7, etc... I don't see them being able to compete with the current crop of smartphone OSs without MAJOR changes. But a business model of "buy one of these droid phones, an iphone, or one of these win7 phones and you can add on our enterprise solution for $x plus $y per month..." might let them stick around for a while.
Good post, I agree! :bigthumbup:

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
What is it with these idiots putting these half baked products out? I just don't understand it. They wonder why they keep getting their collective asses kicked in the marketplace. How about actually releasing a real competitive product with all the bells and whistles and knock off the BS half baked releases.

The only REAL hope for competition to the iPad clearly seems to be Samsung with the Galaxy line up due for release. I don't think Samsung will be stupid enough to do this same shit that Moto and now Rim has done. GEEZ!
I received a few eval Playbook units early this week. I had ditched my Blackberry a few weeks ago for a iPhone 4 WTF was RIM thinking shipping a tab without an email app or 3G option. My other observation is the volume control is jank. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If I get excited about this unit I'll do a review but frankly they should have waited for the mail app, 3G/4G, applications and the Android emulator. I have no idea why anyone besides a locked up Blackberry enterprise would want this over a iPad or Galaxy Tab.

The OS does show promise but its a real shame they pushed this half baked unit out the door before it was ready