New channel: Pearl Jam Radio

j_mact

Dec 4, 2008
Missing The Strobe

I also love the Pearl Jam channel[if you don't just don't listen to it].

That would be okay if they didn't elminiate a whole genre of music to put this channel on the air. There is no other channel on sirius radio that plays disco to my knowledge. (not really even Soul Town, and we don't have The Groove).

And no, I don't feel like paying extra money to get sirius on the internet. IMO, it should be still be included with standard membership.

I don't understand removing a channel, and replacing it with a single artist that is not in that genre of music!

I'd like to see the reaction of Sirius subscribers if they took away a channel like Deep Tracks or Classic Vinyl, and replaced with it Kool and The Gang or New Edition... for a year and a half!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Marky Ramone Guest DJ
Fri 2/4 9:00 pm ET
Pearl Jam has always been a fan of The Ramones .. and the feeling is mutual! Punk legend Marky Ramone, host of Marky Ramone’s Punk Rock Blitzkrieg on FACTION, will take over Pearl Jam Radio. He’ll choose the playlist, play his favorite Pearl Jam songs and talk about his experiences playing with the band. And he’s invited his friend and manager Harvey Leeds, who was instrumental in Pearl Jam’s formation and early popularity, to drop by to talk about his history with Pearl Jam, too!

Rebroadcast: Sat 2/5 12:00 pm ET; Sun 2/6 6:00 pm ET; Mon 2/7 9:00 am ET

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
Marky Ramone Guest DJ
Fri 2/4 9:00 pm ET
Pearl Jam has always been a fan of The Ramones .. and the feeling is mutual! Punk legend Marky Ramone, host of Marky Ramone’s Punk Rock Blitzkrieg on FACTION, will take over Pearl Jam Radio. He’ll choose the playlist, play his favorite Pearl Jam songs and talk about his experiences playing with the band. And he’s invited his friend and manager Harvey Leeds, who was instrumental in Pearl Jam’s formation and early popularity, to drop by to talk about his history with Pearl Jam, too!

Rebroadcast: Sat 2/5 12:00 pm ET; Sun 2/6 6:00 pm ET; Mon 2/7 9:00 am ET

Thanks for the update!! I'm looking forward to hearing this show.

The week's guest (2/2/11) will be Danny Clinch : Danny Clinch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
For those who want the older channels back... This WOULD require Sirius to listen to their customers, but why not this idea for Sirius 2.0:

You have a library of potentially thousands of channels available. Some would be very similar to others. As an example, maybe you bring back Squizz, but have Octane still available. One of them would cost a slight fee, but have no commercials. The other one would be free, but have a few commercials every hour.

Here's the list of defunct channels. Bring them back, but have some be free, and the others be premium equivalents.

America was replaced with The Roadhouse.
US Country was replaced with Prime Country.
The Heart was replaced with Sirius XM Love.
Flight 26 was replaced with The Pulse.
XM Hitlist was replaced with Pop2K.
Spirit was replaced with Praise.
Fred was replaced with 1st Wave.
XM Café was replaced with The Spectrum.
Top Tracks was replaced with Classic Vinyl.
Ethel was replaced with Alt Nation.
SquiZZ was replaced with Octane.
XM Liquid Metal was replaced with Hard Attack, and then was renamed Liquid Metal .
Big Tracks was replaced with Classic Rewind.
Lucy was replaced with Lithium.
Soul Street was replaced with Soul Town.
Suite 62 was replaced with Heart & Soul.
The City was replaced with Hip-Hop Nation.
High Standards was replaced with Siriusly Sinatra.
Audio Visions was replaced with Spa.
The Move was replaced with Area.
XM Chill was replaced with Sirius XM Chill
Vox was replaced with Metropolitan Opera Radio.
XM Classics was replaced with Symphony Hall.
The Rhyme was replaced with SIRIUS XM Backspin

You could buy premium channels for a fee, or even get a package deal where the more channels you buy, the "cost per channel" goes way down. Have it end at $9.99 for 100 channels per month.

Since it's streaming, you wouldn't have to worry about satellite space.

Keep the satellite programming as-is. A customer could have "SiriusXM programming" which is what we know today, or they could have "Sirius 2.0 programming" which is as described above.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Here's the list of defunct channels. America was replaced with The Roadhouse.
XM Liquid Metal was replaced with Hard Attack, and then was renamed Liquid Metal .
:( Miss those channels.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Upcoming Schedule

Tuesday, February 1
2 pm ET 11/10/06, Brisbane, AUS
Random time 7/14/98, Los Angeles

Wednesday, February 2
Midnight ET 11/30/93, Las Vegas
2 pm ET 5/9/10, Cleveland
Random time 9/25/09, Vancouver, BC

The All-Encompassing Trip
5:00 pm ET
This Week’s Guest: Danny Clinch, renowned photographer and film director. He directed Immagine in Cornice, a concert film documenting Pearl Jam’s Italian tour in 2006. He's also worked with Foo Fighters, John Mayer, Ben Harper and Guster.
Rebroadcast: Fri 2/4 12:00 pm ET; Sat 2/5 9:00 am ET; Sun 2/6 9:00 pm ET; Mon 2/7 6:00 pm ET

Thursday, February 3
Midnight ET 7/14/98, Los Angeles
2 pm ET 6/24/03, Columbus, OH
Random time 10/30/00, Mt. View, CA

Friday, February 4
Midnight ET 11/10/06, Brisbane, AUS
2 pm ET 9/25/09, Vancouver, BC
Random time 5/9/10, Cleveland

Marky Ramone Guest DJ
9:00 pm ET
Pearl Jam has always been a fan of The Ramones .. and the feeling is mutual! Punk legend Marky Ramone, host of Marky Ramone’s Punk Rock Blitzkrieg on FACTION, will take over Pearl Jam Radio. He’ll choose the playlist, play his favorite Pearl Jam songs and talk about his experiences playing with the band. And he’s invited his friend and manager Harvey Leeds, who was instrumental in Pearl Jam’s formation and early popularity, to drop by to talk about his history with Pearl Jam, too!... Rebroadcast: Sat 2/5 12:00 pm ET; Sun 2/6 6:00 pm ET; Mon 2/7 9:00 am ET

Saturday, February 5
Midnight ET 10/30/00, Mt. View, CA
2 pm ET 11/30/93, Las Vegas
Random time 6/24/03, Columbus, OH

Sunday, February 6
Midnight ET 9/25/09, Vancouver, BC
2 pm ET 7/14/98, Los Angeles
Random time 11/10/06, Brisbane, AUS

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
THE All-Encompassing Trip
Tonight 5:00 pm ET
This week’s guest: Take a trip into the Pearl Jam Warehouse with Rob Skinner.
Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 3:00 am ET; Fri 2/11 12:00 pm ET; Sat 2/12 9:00 am ET; Sun 2/13 9:00 am ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Upcoming concerts:

Thursday 2/10
2 pm – 4 pm - Los Angeles 7/10/06

Friday 2/1
12 am – 2 am - Tampa, FL 6/12/08
2 pm – 4 pm - New York 5/20/10
6 pm – 8 pm - Murfreesboro, TN 3/26/94

Saturday 2/12
12 am – 2 am - Atlantic City, NJ 10/1/05
10 am – 12 pm - Los Angeles 7/10/06
2 pm – 4 pm - Kansas City, MO 10/12/00

Sunday 2/13
12 am – 2 am - New York 5/20/10
8 am – 10 am - Tampa, FL
2 pm – 4 pm - Amsterdam 11/6/96

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Brad Klausen Guest DJ
2/18 9:00 pm
Pearl Jam is not only known for their music, but for their art aesthetic as well. Brad Klausen, one of Seattle’s preeminent concert poster artists, who also provided many years of in-house graphic design for Pearl Jam, will take over Pearl Jam Radio. He’ll talk about his experiences seeing shows, touring and working with the band, and play his favorite Pearl Jam songs. > Rebroadcast: Sat 2/19 12:00 pm ET; Sun 2/20 6:00 pm ET; Mon 2/21 9:00 am ET

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
For those who want the older channels back... This WOULD require Sirius to listen to their customers, but why not this idea for Sirius 2.0:

You have a library of potentially thousands of channels available. Some would be very similar to others. As an example, maybe you bring back Squizz, but have Octane still available. One of them would cost a slight fee, but have no commercials. The other one would be free, but have a few commercials every hour.

Here's the list of defunct channels. Bring them back, but have some be free, and the others be premium equivalents.

America was replaced with The Roadhouse.

Remix was replaced by.... NOTHING
Boombox was replaced by.... NOTHING

Seems like nearly every 'alternative' and some rock releases come with one or more electronic versions. Where do they play these on SiriXM?

I'm sure that I am missing quite a few others that were removed for single artist channels, duplication of channels (too much overlap in the rock category), or just because they didn't want to pay the program director and/or DJs.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
On PJR
Tres Mts. Live at SXSW
Sat 3/19 10:00 pm ET
Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament has a new side project called Tres Mts. Fresh off the release of their new album, Three Mountains, the band will be heading to Austin, TX to rock the South By Southwest Music Festival, and Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready will be joining the band on their tour. Hear the show live plus exclusive pre-show coverage from the legendary Stubbs in Austin. Tres Mts.

They sound like something you'd hear on JamON- sample their tunes here: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Three-Mountains/dp/B004PVM8LE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300217366&sr=1-1-catcorr]Amazon.com: Three Mountains: Tres Mts.: MP3 Downloads[/ame]

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
"Vs./Vitaology" Reissue
41CCbPUI8jL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

Celebrate Pearl Jam’s Vs./Vitalogy reissue all week on Pearl Jam Radio. Hear full concerts from the albums’ tours (’93 – ’95), bonus material from the Vs./Vitalogy reissue box set, including re-mastered versions of both albums and rare recordings, plus more.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
41607_167833333242531_2732432_n.jpg

9th annual Flight to Mars benefit show

Mike McCready on the All Encompassing Trip
Wed 4/6 5 pm ET
Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready is our guest this week! He’ll be on the show, live from Seattle, to talk about his Flight to Mars Benefit Concert, which will be broadcast in its entirety on Pearl Jam Radio April 8. Fans can call in to participate at 855-9-PEARLJAM. Replays > Thurs 4/7 3 am ET; Fri 4/8 12 pm ET; Sat 4/9 9 am ET; Sun 4/10 9 pm ET; Mon 4/11 6 pm ET

Mike McCready’s Flight To Mars Benefit Concert Live
Fri 4/8 9:00 am ET
Mike McCready’s Flight to Mars Benefit Concert has rocked Seattle annually for the past nine years to benefit The Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. This year, hear the entire show live from The Showbox in Seattle. This year’s show features Mike McCready performing both an acoustic set with Brad Sinsel and rocking out with Flight To Mars, along with a reunion of the band Lazy Susan, and special guests Buckets of Rain. Our broadcast will feature a two-hour preshow, hosted by Ten Club Manager Tim Bierman and The Rob.

Rock Activism is a group of like-minded Seattleites who want to make a philanthropic difference through music and art. We will act locally with a global vision.

Special message from Mike:

Flight to Mars
Mike McCready here. As most of you know the 9th annual Flight to Mars benefit show is coming up next Friday (April 8th) at Seattle’s Showbox Market. Joining us on stage that night will be a special reunion of Lazy Susan, as well as special guests Buckets of Rain. You’ll want to get there early because I’m going to kick off the night with an acoustic set with my friend Brad Sinsel.

What you might not know is that we throw a rockin' VIP pre-party, in coordination with the Wishlist Foundation, where you can come in to the venue early and watch sound check. I’ll also be around to say hey and sign some autographs. There is always plenty of food and drink and it is always a great time. Good news is there are a few last minute VIP packages available for bidding over at: wishlistfoundation | eBay.

Both the show and the pre-party will benefit CCFA’s Camp Oasis and Advocacy for Patients, two organizations that are very important to me and my wife. If the VIP party isn’t an option, you can still buy general admission tickets here.
Check out this video made by Flight to Mars supporter Jason Leung.

If you can't make the show but would still like to support one of the charities, you can donate directly to our NW Team Challenge fundraising page or the Advocacy for Patients donation page.

As an added bonus, the show will be broadcast live on a special airing of the evening’s festivities on Sirius XM - Pearl Jam Radio, hosted by Ten Club Manager Tim Bierman and The Rob.
More info: Rock Activism

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
oh AWESOME Mike is the guest!! Thanks for the info..

I just bought the Tres Mnt CD.. its gonna take a few listens before I can make a strong opinion.. but the packaging is really cool. I still buy CD's I'm a total geek for liner notes and album art.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
PJ20 Celebration Weekend
Playing all weekend starting Fri 5/20 12 am through Mon 5/23 2 am ET
Pearl Jam’s plans for their 20th Anniversary Weekend Party have been unleashed, so Pearl Jam Radio is in celebration. Get ready for full concerts from every tour, covering the 20 years of Pearl Jam. And listen for encore presentations of a very special All Encompassing Trip, featuring a full hour of PJ20-related discussion with Ten Club Manager Tim Bierman.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The Indio 93 show for an audience recording was actually pretty good.

I never realized the shoe rant went on. I guess they couldn't fit it all onto a 7" vinyl! (Of which I own a copy.:p)

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
Did anyone listen to last nights All Encompassing Trip show? the fans ripped Tim Bierman (10C manager) a new ass over the ticket sales.

After a while I started to feel bad for Tim, then I remembered I stayed home on Monday (to buy tix) and pressed F5 from 1 until 10 PM.. and didn't get them until Tuesday.