New Country Releases on SXM

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Sep 6, 2011.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

This is one of my favorite things about satellite radio- getting to hear every track off new CD's before they're released. All Country channels do a great job promoting new country music, The Pulse does a decent job with new pop music.

But I don't understand why mainstream rock channels don't- Classic Vinyl & Rewind, Boneyard, Hair Nation, Lithium & Deep Tracks have a lot of their featured artists putting out new music, but they just don't put much effort into playing it or promoting it. With brand new CD's from Van Halen, Aerosmith & ZZ top on the way, will we hear it on SXM?

[​IMG]
    Here For A Good Time with George Strait
    Last replay Today 3:00 pm ET
    Listen to The Highway’s exclusive premier of George Strait’s new album, Here For A Good Time. Storme Warren sat down with King George himself to discuss his new album, the secrets to a successful marriage and becoming a grandpa! (1 hr)
    1. Love's Gonna Make It Alright
    2. Drinkin' Man
    3. Shame On Me
    4. Poison
    5. Here For A Good Time
    6. House Across The Bay
    7. Lone Star Blues
    8. A Showman's Life
    9. Three Nails And A Cross
    10. Blue Marlin Blues
    11. I'll Always Remember You

CD REVIEW From Today's Country Magazine
    The King of country music needs no introduction to anyone that has turned on a radio in the past 30 or so years. George Strait has released 89 singles, with an impressive 57 of them finding the #1 spot in his illustrious career and with the release of his brand new single and forthcoming album’s title track “Here For A Good Time†he is quickly finding his way up the charts again. So what more can Strait do in his career that will top what he has already done? Well, with this release, his 39th studio album, you will find something interesting in the liner notes as you will see that King George played co-writer on 7 of the album’s 11 tracks, rarely something you see from him. By recording once again in Key West with longtime producer Tony Brown, Strait has a feel good, toe-tapping touch to songs like “Blue Marlin Blues,†but more often than not relies on his Texas dancehall roots and ability to deliver a heart tugging ballad to pull you through this album. He gets your boots two-stepping around the dusty honky-tonks with songs like “Lonestar Blues†and waltzing with “Shame On Me,†but it is the ballad that keeps you listening. Songs like “House Across The Bay†pull at anyone that has played the game of love and lost leaving nothing but a memory to dwell on and songs like “I Will Always Remember You†and “A Showman’s Life†offer a glimpse into Strait’s thoughts on the entertainers lifestyle he has lived. This album is a perfect combination of what Strait has done best throughout the years offering longtime fans what they’ve come to expect from him, but by writing a majority of the songs on the album, for the first time Strait gives you a piece of him as well.

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Wish I could have heard this one. Hard to keep track of all the programs. Mike does do a great job keeping us in the loop.

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

Hank 3 & Mojo Nixon
    Wed 9/7 @ 7pm
    Hank 3 (the artist formerly known as Hank Williams III) has just launched his own Hank 3 Records and released three new albums simultaneously — the double-country Ghost to a Ghost/Guttertown, the doom-rock Attention Deficient Domination, and the speed-metal Cattle Callin — and hooks up with the "Loon in the Afternoon," Mojo Nixon to gab about his new tunes and role as label mogul on the eve of his extensive U.S. tour. (1 hr) > Rebroadcast: Fri 9/9 6:00 pm ET
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    While Hank3 may have country royalty running through his veins, his musical influences and repertoire have always extended far beyond those of his family ancestry and environment. The son of Hank Williams, Jr. and grandson of Hank Williams, Hank3 is demonstrating his full musical range, notably his hard-rock side, in the most extravagant way possible by releasing four albums, featuring three different genres today. There is a double-country record titled Ghost to a Ghost/Guttertown, a doom-rock album called Attention Deficit Domination, as well as a speed-metal album set over a bed of auctioneers at a cattle auction, appropriately titled Cattle Callin’, all released on his own label Hank3 records, through Megaforce. Hank3 gave Revolver the lowdown on his ambitious endeavors, breaking free from a restrictive label, and his love for metal. More: Interview: Hank3 on Releasing Four Albums on the Same Day, Cattle Calling, and His Dad - Revolver Magazine

4. goreds2

:buttrock: Hank III is very cool. I will be listening to XM60. Thanks,

5. SIRIUSaboutXM

Sure would be a great time for SXM to bring back 'No Shoes Radio'

SiriusXM Exclusive Album Premier - Welcome To The Fishbowl by Kenny Chesney
    Every hour starting Thur. 6/14 4 pm ET through Mon. 6/18 12 pm ET
    Listen to The Highway for the exclusive premier of Kenny Chesney’s new album Welcome To The Fishbowl. In addition to “Come Over†and “Feel Like A Rock Starâ€, you’ll hear plenty of cool new music from his new album, before it hits the stores next Tuesday June 19. Kenny tells the stories behind the songs and talks about his “Brothers Of The Sun†tour now underway. We’ll play a cut an hour and the only place to hear Kenny’s new music is on The Highway!

[​IMG]

1. "Come Over"
    2. "Feel Like a Rock Star" (with Tim McGraw)
    3. "Sing 'Em Good My Friend"
    4. "Welcome to the Fishbowl"
    5. "I'm a Small Town"
    6. "El Cerrito Place"
    7. "Makes Me Wonder"
    8. "While He Still Knows Who I Am"
    9. "Time Flies"
    10. "To Get to You (55th and 3rd)"
    11. "Always Gonna Be You"
    12. "You and Tequila" (live with Grace Potter)

6. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Brantley Gilbert Superfan Concert
    [​IMG]
    Sun 10/14 4:00 pm ET
    Join host Buzz Brainard and a live Sirius XM Subscriber Audience for live music and select recorded songs from his recent work. Buzz talks to Brantley about his CMA Nomination for New Artist and his headlining “Hell On Wheels†Tour.

Rebroadcast: Fri 10/19 12:00 pm ET

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  7. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Jason Aldean Night Train Album Premier Party
    [​IMG]
    Friday 10/12 @ 9:00 pm
    Join host Buzz Brainard and a live Sirius XM Subscriber Audience the premier of Jason Aldean’s new album “Night Trainâ€. Jason himself says that the Highway audience will be the first to hear cuts from his new album. Jason talks about the song that has become his favorite song of all time that he has recorded. Also, Buzz picks his “favorite†Jason song. Listen and you’ll know what we mean.

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

Hope On The Rocks Weekend! Starting Friday 6pm ET

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope on the Rocks (Deluxe Edition) track listing:
    1. "Hope on the Rocks"
    2. "The Size I Wear"
    3. "Scat Cat"
    4. "I Like Girls That Drink Beer"
    5. "Get Got"
    6. "Haven't Had a Drink All Day"
    7. "Haven't Seen the Last of You"
    8. "Cold Beer Country"
    9. "Missed You Just Right"
    10. "You Ain't Alone"

Bonus Tracks:

11. "Red Solo Cup" – Johnny Mac Remix
    12. "Beers Ago" – Jason Nevins Remix
    13. "Whiskey Girl" (Live)
    14. "Get Out of My Car" (Live)

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

10. SIRIUSaboutXM

Dwight Yoakam vs. Mojo Nixon
    Wed 6:00 pm ET
    The “Loon in the Afternoon†Mojo Nixon snuck onboard Dwight Yoakam’s tour bus prior to a recent show in San Diego, and the two old pals shot the bull about the early days of California “roots rock†and Yoakam’s newly released album '3 Pears' in this exclusive Outlaw gab session.
    Rebroadcast: Fri 11/9 7:00 pm ET

[​IMG]

11. goreds2

Even though it was MoJo, the interview was cool.

12. SIRIUSaboutXM

Outlaw Country
    Buddy & Jim Album Release Special

Tonight @ Midnight

“Buddy & Jim Show†hosts Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale celebrate the release of their new album Buddy & Jim by playing and discussing every track, along with some of the music that inspired the project.

[​IMG]

01 – I Lost My Job of Loving You
    02 – The Train That Carried My Gal From Town
    03 – That’s Not Even Why I Love You
    04 – South In New Orleans
    05 – It Hurts Me
    06 – Vampire Girl
    07 – Forever And A Day
    08 – Lonely One In This Town
    09 – Looking For A Heartache Like You
    10 – I Want To Do Everything For You
    11 – The Wobble

Bonus material is available here, including a free download of “The Train That Carried My Gal From Town.†https://www.facebook.com/BuddyandJimRadioShow/app_208195102528120

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

Now Available On Demand

14. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Track By Track: Ricky Skaggs
    Sunday 11:00 am ET
    [​IMG]
    There aren't many artists who are more recognizable or versatile than Ricky Skaggs. Now a veteran, multi-genre music icon, Ricky Skaggs' bluegrass credentials are among his most well-known, and his bluegrass albums among the most cherished. His latest bluegrass effort is titled "Music to My Ears," and Kyle Cantrell welcomes him to Sirius XM for a Track-By-Track review.

15. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Saturday @ 9:00 am
    [​IMG]
    After an eight-year hiatus, the Mavericks have reunited and recently performed an intimate acoustic set (albeit with a full horn section) of new material and old favorites for a lucky audience at the SiriusXM Music City Theatre in Nashville in advance of the release on their album In Time that will be presented in its entirety during this exclusive one-hour special. Replays: Sat @5 pm; Sun @ Noon & 9 pm; Tue 2/26 @ 8 pm and Thurs 2/28 @ 11 pm ET

[​IMG]

Track Listings
    01. Back in Your Arms
    02. Lies
    03. Born to Be Blue
    04. Come Unto Me
    05. In Another's Arms
    06. Fall Apart
    07. All Over Again
    08. Forgive Me
    09. Amsterdam Moon
    10. That's Not My Name
    11. As Long As There's Loving Tonight
    12. Dance In The Moonlight
    13. Call Me When You Get To Heaven
    14. Ven Hacia Mi (Come Unto Me) - Spanish Version

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  16. SIRIUSaboutXM

Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell
    [​IMG]
    Tomorrow 9:00 am ET
    Old friends and running buddies Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell host an exclusive one-hour special featuring live in-studio performances of songs from their new album "Old Yellow Moon" and guest DJ picks. Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 5:00 pm ET; Sun 3/3 12:00 pm ET; Sun 3/3 9:00 pm ET; Tues 3/5 8:00 pm ET; Thurs 3/7 11:00 pm ET

[​IMG]

17. SIRIUSaboutXM

Check out Shooter Jenning's new album "The Other Life" in it's entirety and the new album from Fifth on the Floor "Ashes to Angels" on this week's intoxicating two-hour weekly show, where Shooter spins ass kickin' tunes from all of his rowdy friends, whether they come from the worlds of rock, country, or the original Outlaw era that he grew up with.

[​IMG]
    1. Flying Saucer Song
    2. A Hard Lesson To Learn
    3. The White Trash Song (Featuring Scott H. Biram)
    4. Wild & Lonesome (Featuring Patty Griffin)
    5. Outlaw You
    6. The Other Life
    7. The Low Road
    8. Mama, It's Just My Medicine
    9. The Outsider
    10. 15 Million Light-Years Away (Featuring Jim Dandy)
    11. The Gunslinger

18. SIRIUSaboutXM

Ray Wylie Hubbard- Grifter's Hymnal Hour
    Sneak peek at the 4th annual Ray Wylie Hubbard "Grifter's Hymnal Hour"
    Today @ 5 pm and Sunday noon & 9 pm ET
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

01. Coricidin Bottle
    02. South Of The River
    03. Lazarus
    04. New Year's Eve At The Gates Of Hell
    05. Moss And Flowers
    06. Red Badge Of Courage
    07. Train Yard 3:17
    08. Coochy Coochy
    09. Mother Blues
    10. Henhouse
    11. Count My Blessings
    12. Ask God

Steve Earle performs Townes Van Zandt's "Pancho & Lefty" with Ray Wylie Hubbard as part of the "Grifter's Hymnal Radio Hour" recorded March 15, 2013 during SXSW at Casey Monahan's shed in East Austin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T8xVYPAIv0]Steve Earle sings "Pancho & Lefty" with Ray Wylie Hubbard - YouTube[/ame]

19. SIRIUSaboutXM

Hottest Country Act in the Country!

[​IMG]
    Today on GMA

Happy Pioneer Release Day > The Band Perry!
    Join us for a listening party today at Noon & 9pm ET #TBPsxm
    [​IMG]

Newest video: DONE. - The Band Perry

[​IMG]

Tracklist:
    01 – Better Dig Two
    02 – DONE.
    03 – Don’t Let Me Be Lonely
    04 – Pioneer
    05 – Forever Mine Nevermind
    06 – Night Gone Wasted
    07 – I Saw A Light
    08 – Mother Like Mine
    09 – Chainsaw
    10 – I’m A Keeper
    11 – Back To Me Without You
    12 – End Of Time

[​IMG]

20. SIRIUSaboutXM

Now on The Highway

[​IMG]

Brad Paisley- Wheelhouse

1. Bon Voyage
    2. Southern Comfort Zone
    3. Beat This Summer
    4. Outstanding in Our Field
    5. Pressing on a Bruise
    6. I Can't Change the World
    7. 幽 女
    8. Karate
    9. Death of a Married Man
    10. Harvey Bodine
    11. Tin Can on a String
    12. Death of a Single Man
    13. The Mona Lisa
    14. Accidental Racist Controversial song w/LL Cool J
    15. Runaway Train
    16. Those Crazy Christians
    17. Officially Alive
    18. Yankee Doodle Dixie
    19. Facebook Friends
    20. Get Even
    21. Southern Comfort Zone (acoustic version)