New Country Releases on SXM

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The Highway will celebrate the release of Darius Rucker's "True Believers" with another airing of Hwy Superfan Concert tomorrow Noon ET.

220px-TrueBelieversCD.jpg

Track Listing
01. True Believers (Darius Rucker, Josh Kear)
02. Miss You (Rucker, Frank Rogers)
03. Wagon Wheel (Bob Dylan, Ketch Secor)
04. Love Without You (Brandy Clark, Shane McAnally)
05. Radio (Rucker, Luke Laird, Ashley Gorley)
06. Lost in You (Rucker, Mark Nesler, Phillip White)
07. I Will Love You Still (Rucker, Kear)
08. Take Me Home (Rucker, Rogers, Monty Criswell)
09. Shine" (Rucker, Rogers)
10. Heartbreak Road (Rucker, Dallas Davidson, Rhett Akins)
11. Leavin' the Light On (Rucker, David Lee Murphy, Phil O'Donnell)
12. Lie to Me (Rucker, Rodney Clawson, Bob DiPiero)

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
945652_10151523624373387_1878131037_n.jpg

When I first saw this I had to do a double-take! Is this for real? What an unlikely trio! But the music looks quite eclectic :thumbsup:

Ghost Brothers in Outlaw Country
Friday 6/7 5 pm ET
Stephen King, John Mellencamp and T Bone Burnett have joined forces for the southern gothic supernatural musical "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County," and to celebrate the release of the all-star soundtrack (featuring performances by Elvis Costello, Kris Kristofferson, Neko Case, Ryan Bingham, Rosanne Cash, Phil & Dave Alvin and more), the three co-conspirators sit down for an exclusive interview with the “Loon in the Afternoon†Mojo Nixon to discuss the origin of the project and plans to bring it to stages across American this fall.

61SNsh7vKfL._SY300_.jpg

That's Me - Elvis Costello
That's Who I Am- Neko Case
So Goddamn Smart- Dave Alvin, Phil Alvin, Sheryl Crow
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong About Me- Elvis Costello
Brotherly Love- Ryan Bingham, Will Dailey
How Many Days- Kris Kristofferson
"ou Are Blind- Ryan Bingham
Home Again- Sheryl Crow, Dave Alvin, Phil Alvin, Taj Mahal
What's Going On Here- Rosanne Cash
My Name Is Joe- Clyde Mulroney
Tear This Cabin Down- Taj Mahal
And Your Days Are Gone- Sheryl Crow, Dave Alvin, Phil Alvin
Jukin' - Sheryl Crow
What Kind of Man Am I- Kris Kristofferson, Phil Alvin, Sheryl Crow, Dave Alvin, Taj Mahal
So Goddamn Good- Phil Alvin, Dave Alvin, Sheryl Crow
Away From This World- Sheryl Crow
Truth- John Mellencamp

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
This looks good! I'll bet Goreds2 will dig this- especially track 10 :bigthumbup:

1004483_10153085418130121_1200304347_n.jpg

Friday 5 pm ET
Country Music Halll of Famer(and former member of Pure Prairie League) Vince Gill and steel guitarist Paul Franklin (musician) chat with Storme Warren and play every track from their new album "Bakersfield," a tribute to Buck Owens and Merle Haggard, during a one-hour special. Replays: Saturday at 2 & 7 pm; Sunday at 10 am & 8 pm; and Tuesday at 6 pm ET.

Funny- I've recently heard John 5 & Jeff Hanneman of Slayer, on Eddie Trunk's show, say Buck was a huge influence on them!!

Bakersfield_Cvr_5x5_LOres.jpg

FULL TRACK LISTING: Title > Made Famous by

1. Foolin’ Around > Buck Owens (Written by Harlan Howard and Buck Owens)
2. Branded Man > Merle Haggard (Written by Merle Haggard)
3. Together Again > Buck Owens (Written by Buck Owens)
4. The Bottle Let Me Down > Merle Haggard (Written by Merle Haggard)
5. He Don’t Deserve You Anymore> Buck Owens (Written by Arty Lange and Buck Owens)
6. I Can’t Be Myself > Merle Haggard (Written by Merle Haggard)
7. Nobody’s Fool But Yours > Buck Owens (Written by Buck Owens)
8. Holding Things Together > Merle Haggard (Written by Bob Trotten and Merle Haggard)
9. But I Do > Buck Owens (Written by Tommy Collins)
10. The Fightin’ Side Of Me > Merle Haggard (Written by Merle Haggard)

Bakersfield is available now at Merch | Vince Gill Official Site - See more at: Bakersfield | Vince Gill Official Site

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Alabama & Friends Tribute Album Special on The Highway 59 at 4p ET, Randy Owen will even tell a few stories!

1004525_560848273951699_1972848038_n.jpg

01. Tennessee River- Jason Aldean
02. Love In The First Degree- Luke Bryan
03. Old Flame- Rascal Flatts
04. Lady Down On Love- Kenny Chesney
05. The Closer You Get- Eli Young Band
06. Forever's As Far As I'll Go- Trisha Yearwood
07. She And I- Toby Keith
08. I'm In A Hurry (And Don't Know Why)- Florida Georgia Line
09. That's How I Was Raised- Alabama
10. All American- Alabama
11. My Home's In Alabama- Jamey Johnson

alabama-press-40th-650-430.jpg

The legendary country group will duet with modern stars on the upcoming set, with Tim McGraw, Trisha Yearwood and others contributing.

Luke Bryan, Toby Keith, Jason Aldean and Kenny Chesney are among the artists paying tribute to Alabama on the legendary country group’s “Alabama & Friends.â€

The album, which will feature members of Alabama duetting with the acts on some of the tracks—similar to Lionel Richie’s tremendously successful “Tuskegee†set— will come out in the third quarter, says Show Dog Universal Music president Mark Wright.

Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Eli Young Band and Trisha Yearwood will also contribute tracks.

Many of the artists have already completed their recordings or are in the process of doing so. “The other day, Jason Aldean and [Alabama lead singer] Randy Owen were swapping verses,†Bright told Billboard.biz at Show Dog Universal’s third annual brunch at the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas.

“Alabama isn’t on every track. They’ll come and do some harmonies just to put the flavor on there, but it’s kind of hard when you have Rascal Flatts and Eli Young [Band], people who have their own band. It’s hard to put a band with a band,†Wright says.

The album will also include two new Alabama tracks, the first new songs from the now-trio since the group embarked on a farewell tour more than a decade ago. Since then, the band’s appearances have been sporadic. In 2011, Alabama reunited to play with Brad Paisley on his song “Old Alabama,†which featured the band, at the ACM Awards (and also appeared on the video). Last year, they played the multi-artist festival Stagecoach.

Just last week, the band reunited for a full tour, its first since 2004. The group’s 40th anniversary outing, dubbed the Back to the Bowery tour, kicked off April 4 with a free show at the Bowery in Myrtle Beach,S.C., the venue where Owen, his cousin Teddy Gentry, and Jeff Cook got their start in 1973. With more dates to be added, the tour presently goes through Nov. 8.

When asked if fans can expect a full albumof new Alabama material, Wright said, “Not yet.â€

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Just heard Alabama is taking over Prime Country for Labor Day Weekend- Alabama Radio Exclusive! More details soon in the Prime Country thread...

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Just heard this weekend, Keith Urban is taking the wheel on the Highway for his new release Fuse- starts at 6pm on Friday.

51Wl8ZHlgRL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

1. Somewhere In My Car
2. Even The Stars Fall 4 U
3. Cop Car
4. Shame
5. Good Thing
6. We Were Us (duet with Miranda Lambert)
7. Love's Poster Child
8. She's My 11
9. Come Back To Me
10. Red Camaro
11. Little Bit of Everything
12. Raise 'Em Up (featuring Eric Church)
13. Heart Like Mine
14. Black Leather Jacket
15. Gonna B Good
16. Lucky Charm

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Scratch that last post- he's bringing his Deluxe edition w/Extra Tracks

1. Somewhere In My Car (Album Version) 3:56
2. Even The Stars Fall 4 U (Album Version) 3:59
3. Cop Car (Album Version) 4:16
4. Shame (Album Version) 3:03
5. Good Thing (Album Version) 3:52
6. We Were Us (Album Version) 3:11
7. Love's Poster Child (Album Version) 3:29
8. She's My 11 (Album Version) 3:17
9. Come Back To Me (Album Version) 3:52
10. Red Camaro (Album Version) 3:59
11. Little Bit Of Everything 3:25
12. Raise 'Em Up (Album Version) [feat. Eric Church] 3:04
13. Heart Like Mine (Album Version) 3:51
14. Black Leather Jacket (Album Version) 3:42
15. Gonna B Good (Album Version) 2:52
16. Lucky Charm (Album Version)

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
HEADS UP JOE NICHOLS FANS!

Sirius XM is giving YOU the opportunity to win a chance to join Joe Nichols for his Highway Superfan Concert, celebrating the release of his upcoming album “Crickets†at the SiriusXM Music City Theater in Nashville on Wednesday, September 18th at Noon CT. If you think you will be in the Nashville area on September 18th here’s your chance to attend this private event.

PRIZES: Twenty-five (25) prizes, each a pair of tickets. (Approximate Retail Value of each pair: $0)

HOW TO ENTER:
• From 5pm ET Tuesday, September 10, 2013 until 9AM ET Monday, September 16, 2013 (“Entry Periodâ€)
• Send an email to sxmnashville@gmail.com
• Include “Joe Nichols†in the subject line of your message or it will not be considered include your full name, valid email, and cell phone number. Incomplete entries will not be considered.
• Entrants to the sweepstakes must be at least 18 years of age.

WINNER SELECTION: Random drawing following the close of Entry Period.

ODDS: This exclusive opportunity is being promoted only on the SiriusXM The Highway Facebook page and artist Facebook page.
Odds of winning depend upon number of entries received in response to this posting.

This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Entrants will be providing information to Sirius XM Radio Inc., and not to Facebook.
See the SiriusXM Privacy Policy at siriusxm.com/privacy.

SiriusXM Radio will not be providing transportation to/from the event. Winner must be at least 18 years old, must provide proof with a valid photo ID, and be confident that you and your guest can be in Nashville, TN on September 18, 2013.

If you are selected as the winner, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of the event and further instructions.

cover.jpg

01. Just Let Me Fall in Love with You
02. Hard to Be Cool
03. Baby You're in Love with Me
04. Yeah
05. Billy Graham's Bible
06. Better Than Beautiful
07. Gotta Love It
08. Sunny and 75 (Michael Dulaney, Jason Sellers, Paul Jenkins)
09. Y'ant To
010. Hee Haw
11. Love Has a Way
12. Smile on Mine
13. Open Up a Can
14. Old School Country Song
15. Footlights (Merle Haggard)
16. Crickets

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Any replays?

Replay today @ Noon
Once again, no mention of this on The Highway's website, Facebook or twitter- Why have great programming but don't let anyone know?

EXCLUSIVE Album Premiere
Tonight at 8PM
Played every song in order with commentary. Use Start Now on Internet Radio. Very disappointing that The Highway elects to not post these events on their website- they fail to realize not everyone uses Social Media :thumbsdown:

1098304_10151659108913347_1005924915_n.jpg

01. Shotgun
02. Easy (Sheryl Crow, Chris DuBois, Jeff Trott)
03. Give It to Me
04. We Oughta Be Drinkin'
05. Callin' Me When I'm Lonely
06. Waterproof Mascara
07. Crazy Ain't Original
08. Nobody's Business
09. Homesick
10. Homecoming Queen
11. Best of Times
12. Stay at Home Mother

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Replay today @ Noon
Once again, no mention of this on The Highway's website, Facebook or twitter- Why have great programming but don't let anyone know?

EXCLUSIVE Album Premiere
Tonight at 8PM
Played every song in order with commentary. Use Start Now on Internet Radio. Very disappointing that The Highway elects to not post these events on their website- they fail to realize not everyone uses Social Media :thumbsdown:

1098304_10151659108913347_1005924915_n.jpg

01.Shotgun
02.Easy (Sheryl Crow, Chris DuBois, Jeff Trott)
03.Give It to Me
04.We Oughta Be Drinkin'
05.Callin' Me When I'm Lonely
06.Waterproof Mascara
07.Crazy Ain't Original
08.Nobody's Business
09.Homesick
10.Homecoming Queen
11.Best of Times
12.Stay at Home Mother

On again now- great story about Johnny Cash who left us 10 years ago yesterday

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
51PRNtQzB5L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Special “Highway Finds†event in Nashville featuring Chase Rice, to celebrate the release of his new EP, Ready Set Roll. Chase Rice will perform LIVE at this exclusive event for SiriusXM subscribers and show why listeners of The Highway are fast-becoming fans of this rising Nashville star.

Register here for your chance to win a pair of tickets to see Chase Rice live at Exit/In Nashville on Tuesday, October 8th! Chase Rice Ready Set Roll LIVE Sweepstakes - SiriusXM Radio

Some interesting factoids about "Chase":
He attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he was a linebacker on the football team.

After graduating from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Rice was selected to join the Hendrick Motorsports pit crew as the rear tire carrier for Ryan Newman’s Nationwide series car. He also worked on Jimmmie Johnson's Cup car and won two championships with the Lowe's team.

He was a contestant on Survivor: Nicaragua, where he placed second.

He co-wrote the number one single performed by Florida Georgia Line, "Cruise"!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Joe Nichols SuperFan concert will premiere Friday at 8 PM/ET!

1378209_10151862330675677_797112821_n.jpg

Highway Superfan Concert, celebrating the release of his upcoming album “Crickets†at the SiriusXM Music City Theater was recorded in Nashville on Wednesday, September 18th.

Joe-Nichols.jpg

02. Hard to Be Cool
04. Yeah
05. Billy Graham's Bible
07. Gotta Love It
09. Y'ant To
10. Hee Haw
11. Love Has a Way
12. Smile on Mine
13. Open Up a Can
16. Crickets

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Joe Nichols SuperFan concert will premiere Friday at 8 PM/ET!

1378209_10151862330675677_797112821_n.jpg

Highway Superfan Concert, celebrating the release of his upcoming album “Crickets†at the SiriusXM Music City Theater was recorded in Nashville on Wednesday, September 18th.

Joe-Nichols.jpg

02. Hard to Be Cool
04. Yeah
05. Billy Graham's Bible
07. Gotta Love It
09. Y'ant To
10. Hee Haw
11. Love Has a Way
12. Smile on Mine
13. Open Up a Can
16. Crickets

Encores:
Monday 11pm
Tuesday 3pm
Thurs 3am ET