New show coming to Outlaw Country

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Jul 31, 2012.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

The Buddy and Jim Show!
    SiriusXM Radio announced recently that Buddy Miller & Jim Lauderdale will co-host a new show on the Outlaw Country Channel. The Buddy & Jim Show will feature in-depth interviews and musical performances from across the Americana genre broadcasting from Miller’s home studio in Nashville, TN.

The Buddy & Jim Show Debut
    Sat 8/4 10 pm ET
    Hear the debut episode of a new two-hour weekly show co-hosted by longtime musical friends and collaborators Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale, broadcast from Miller’s home studio in Nashville and featuring a special interview with reigning Americana queen Lucinda Williams. (2 hrs) Rebroadcast: Sun 8/5, 10 am ET, Mon 8/6 2 am ET and 2 pm ET, Wed 8/8 12 am ET and 10 pm ET

The Buddy and Jim Show! | Jim Lauderdale

2. SIRIUSaboutXM

Pretty good show- last week they had ‎the North Mississippi Allstars

Emmylou Harris is the special guest on this week's episode of "The Buddy & Jim Show" with Buddy Miller & Jim Lauderdale. She talks about Gram Parsons and performs live at Buddy's home studio in Nashville. Premiering tonight 10 pm ET and replaying Sunday 10 am ET; Monday 2 am and 2 pm ET; and Wednesday 12 am and 10 pm ET.
    [​IMG]

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson are this week's musical guests on the "Buddy & Jim Show" with Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale tomorrow 10 pm and Sunday 10 am ET.

[​IMG]

4. SIRIUSaboutXM

The legendary "Swamp Fox" Tony Joe White does a little pickin' on the "Buddy & Jim Show" with Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale this week, airing Saturday 10 pm ET, Sunday 10 am ET, Monday 2 am and 2 pm ET and Wednesday 12 am and 10 pm ET.

[​IMG]

5. SIRIUSaboutXM

Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale host The SteelDrivers on the Buddy & Jim Radio Show this week (SAT 10 pm ET & SUN 10 am ET)

[​IMG]

1. Shallow Grave
    2. How Long Have I Been Your Fool
    3. When You Don't Come Home
    4. I'll Be There
    5. Burnin' The Woodshed Down
    6. Wearin' A Hole
    7. Lonesome Goodbye
    8. Hell On Wheels
    9. Cry No Mississippi
    10. When I'm Gone

6. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

More Nashville. From an Outlaw perspective. This weekend!

Premiering Tonight @ 10 pm ET
    This week's episode of "The Buddy & Jim Show" with Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale will feature exclusive live performances and music from the soundtrack for the second season of the TV series Nashville (which Miller serves as executive music producer for), including interviews with actors/singer/songwriters Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Chip Esten, Chris Carmack, Jonathan Jackson, Colin Linden and the Stella Sisters.

7. SIRIUSaboutXM

This week's episode of "The Buddy & Jim Show" with Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale will feature a conversation with Rosanne Cash to celebrate her new album "The River & The Thread"

[​IMG]

Rosanne Cash on Her Dad's Influence and Bill Clinton's Musical Insight
    > Singer-songwriter opens up about her latest album 'The River and the Thread'

In her younger days, Rosanne Cash actively resisted the influence of her father, the late great Johnny Cash. "Like any person in their twenties," she explains, "I needed to get away from my parents to find out who I was. But in your thirties, you start appreciating who your parents are, and by your forties, you say, 'They know a couple of things — maybe I should be friends with them.'"

Apparently, in your fifties, you make albums about them. Cash, now 58, has spent her last three records actively engaged with her family and its legacy: the deaths of her parents (Black Cadillac), her father's favorite songs (The List), and now, on The River and the Thread, the American south. The genesis for the album came from a series of southern pilgrimages — Cash was helping with fundraising efforts by Arkansas State University to buy her father's childhood home in Dyess, Arkansas. The lovely, lyrical record that resulted was produced by John Leventhal, her husband and musical collaborator of the past two decades. Cash called us from their home in New York City.

10 Things You Didn't Know About Johnny Cash

Read more: Rosanne Cash Talks New Album 'The River and the Thread' | Music News | Rolling Stone
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

[​IMG]

01- A Feather's Not A Bird
    02- The Sunken Lands
    03- Etta's Tune
    04- Modern Blue
    05- Tell Heaven
    06- The Long Way Home
    07- World Of Strange Design
    08- Night School
    09- 50,000 Watts
    10- When The Master Calls The Roll