New Van Halen

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Anyone catch the debut of VH's new single 'Tattoo' on Boneyard @ 10:30 this morning? getting mostly negative response on their FB page
In case you missed it earlier, we'll play the new Van Halen track "Tattoo" on its premiere day again at approx 1:30pm, 5:15pm & 9pm (all times eastern) today. Let us know what you think about it. Thanks, have a kick ass day!
Released a video today also:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfQ-hV3WtA]Van Halen - Tattoo - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not impressed at all- this proves how much Michael Anthony's back ground vocals were a huge part of the VH sound- Wolfgang can handle the bass, but not the vocals

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I'm not impressed at all- this proves how much Michael Anthony's back ground vocals were a huge part of the VH sound- Wolfgang can handle the bass, but not the vocals

He was a huge part of them and it sucks Eddie is treating him like shit. Ok it's not the old Van Halen but it sure does sound better than all the pop shit and R&B right now.

Watch Wolfgang. When he sings he has to look down at his bass. That shows how inexperienced he is. Michael Anothy would be a much better fit and it would sound better too.

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
They have a show here in the next few months at the Pepsi Center with KOOL AND THE GANG as the opening act. I'm not going anywhere near that. I was all excited until I found out Michael Anthony wasn't going to be a part of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
They have a show here in the next few months at the Pepsi Center with KOOL AND THE GANG as the opening act. I'm not going anywhere near that. I was all excited until I found out Michael Anthony wasn't going to be a part of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Right there with ya. No Michael Anthony no Van Halen! Kool and the gang huh? Thats an odd pairing!!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I don't know about the current/upcoming tour... but I went see them 4 or 5 years ago, with David Lee and without Michael Anthony... and they rocked! The sound was enormous and they put on a great show.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
That music video is just plain dumb! But the song could be a bit catchy.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Kool and the fucking gang? They might as well on tour with REO Speedwagon and Winger. WTF? Next stop, Dancing with the Stars then Celebrity Rehab.

I feel worst for Dave. He's always just been a silly showman. He got screwed the first time, now he's trying to do something with Eddie's car crash.

The song isn't the worst thing in the world, it just doesn't have any soul. Eddie used to have fire. His head is too full of himself, and he hasn't pushed himself in years.

Their second show of the tour is in Detroit. We're passing........

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The thing is, with Michael Anthony I could probably sit through Kool and the Gang, or at least arrive late. But like Ehilbert1 put it, you can't have Van Halen without the voice of Van Halen. I'd rather go see Chickenfoot.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The song isn't the worst thing in the world, it just doesn't have any soul. Eddie used to have fire. His head is too full of himself, and he hasn't pushed himself in years.

Their second show of the tour is in Detroit. We're passing........

No Joke. Listen to that song, then listen to something like 'Unchained' or 'Mean Street' and there's a significant difference. If there's a new album out of this song, it sounds like it'll out-suck Lulu.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The thing is, with Michael Anthony I could probably sit through Kool and the Gang, or at least arrive late. But like Ehilbert1 put it, you can't have Van Halen without the voice of Van Halen. I'd rather go see Chickenfoot.

At least Chickenfoot still tries.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Personally, I think it's not too bad. At least it's not Van Hagar!

However, I agree that replacing Michael Anthony with Wolfgang Van Halen was a dumb move. Remember when on their website, they replaced Anthony's pics on all their album covers with Wolfgang's? Stupid, stupid, STUPID.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Personally, I think it's not too bad. At least it's not Van Hagar!

However, I agree that replacing Michael Anthony with Wolfgang Van Halen was a dumb move. Remember when on their website, they replaced Anthony's pics on all their album covers with Wolfgang's? Stupid, stupid, STUPID.

I like some Van Hagar. Granted, a lot of it was FM rock ballads, but songs like "Cabo Wabo," "Black and Blue" and "Summer Nights" from that era are pretty cool.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Posted via Mobile Device

One cannot call yourself a rock band and have Kool and the Gang as an opening act. Was Barbra Striesand unavailable?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Based on hearing that song, I probably won't be buying it, but would really enjoy a Van Halen channel next month when the CD is released :rock::music::band2:

51eSkelEUeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A Different Kind Of Truth's Track listing:

1. Tattoo
2. She’s The Woman
3. You and Your Blues
4. China Town
5. Blood and Fire
6. Bullethead
7. As Is
8. Honeybabysweetiedoll
9. The Trouble With Never
10. Outta Space