Next-generation Apple TV may include camera, motion controls

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Mentions of camera support for Apple TV were discovered this week by AppleInsider in a handful of advertised available positions for Apple's Camera Software team. The listings reveal that the team builds capture and camera foundation across "all of Apple's innovative products," and goes on to include the currently camera-less Apple TV alongside camera-equipped devices like the iPhone and iPad.

Job titles include Camera Algorithms Developer, Camera Tuning Framework Engineer, Media System Performance Engineer. Qualified candidates must have experience working with camera capture frameworks.

Apple job listings suggest cameras coming to Apple TV, hinting at motion controls

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
minority-report-ui.jpg

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I can see it for FaceTime/skype things, and the gesture remote control thing would probably be more of a fad, but the capture part sounds like it's more for gaming. Doesn't make sense to me, but they do a good job developing product. I guess time will tell.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Like meme said, enough to sense motion when moving through the menu system. If it's a good enough camera you could probably do videoconferencing through Skype and/or FaceTime (especially if this app store rumor is true).