Nugs.net app with SiriusXM login

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
So....I just stumbled upon this, but can't seem to find any information.

If you log in to the Nugs.net app with your SiriusXM app info, there's all sorts of live music on-demand.

But wait! Apparently you need some sort of "Platinum VIP Plan" whatever that is. What is this "platinum VIP plan" and why haven't I heard of it?

Ok... apparently they re-named their plans. Platinum VIP seems to be the new name for All-Access.

And now I find this:

Last edited:

hwkn

Oct 14, 2008
Evanston,IL
When I try to log in with my XM log in info I get a the package is not active although I have the all access package which is now the VIP package.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I just got off the phone with SiriusXM. This is what they told me.

Platinum VIP is $35/mo, but also gets two cars with two logins. (Sort of like the old plans when it was $12/mo for every channel and online was included.)

You also get the Nugs app.

The Nugs app has live music (mainly rock) and thousands of live shows...it's sort of like Spotify or whatever, but live music. It's a bit expensive, but they occasionally do "Pay $20 and get a year" promos. I've done a few of these.

It's a full-time job keeping up with name and price changes for these SiriusXM plans. Gheez!

My current plan is $6.52/mo ($5 plus taxes and fees) but includes SiriusXM Platinum (I get Howard on my phone) and the car has SiriusXM Music & Entertainment, which seems to be the basic music channels plus some of the talk channels, sans Howard.

No complaints from the driver of the car and at $5/mo, why change anything?

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Did SiriusXM change the name of my package?
We recently renamed our packages to better reflect the great content they include.

• All Access is now called the Platinum Plan.
  • Select is now called the Music & Entertainment Plan.
  • Mostly Music is now called the Music Showcase Plan.
  • Choice is now called the Choose & Save Plan.
  • Premier is now called the Streaming Platinum Plan.
  • Essential is now called the Streaming Music & Entertainment Plan.
  • Choice Streaming is now called the Streaming Choose & Save Plan.

Reactions: HecticArt

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Did SiriusXM change the name of my package?
We recently renamed our packages to better reflect the great content they include.

• All Access is now called the Platinum Plan.
  • Select is now called the Music & Entertainment Plan.
  • Mostly Music is now called the Music Showcase Plan.
  • Choice is now called the Choose & Save Plan.
  • Premier is now called the Streaming Platinum Plan.
  • Essential is now called the Streaming Music & Entertainment Plan.
  • Choice Streaming is now called the Streaming Choose & Save Plan.

But, as I found out, apparently that isn't quite true.

Wasn't All-Access close to $20/mo? Now it seems to be closer to $35/mo.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Beats me... I have Lifetime Platinum :banana:
But the website says it's $21.99 after promo.View attachment 7154

Platinum VIP is $34.99

Did you pay for the lifetime with three transfers? Everyone started complaining years later, even though SiriusXM always said "life of the radio?"

Either way, they have way too many damn plans.

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Did you pay for the lifetime with three transfers? Everyone started complaining years later, even though SiriusXM always said "life of the radio?"

Either way, they have way too many damn plans.
I never had to pay or reach the 3 limit as I always had a warranty tied to each receiver, and switched over the lifetime when it was originally launched so the transfer fee was never applicable to me.
In 2019 when I upgraded from Select lifetime to Premier lifetime, then All Acess lifetime now called Platinum lifetime ($100.00 1 time charge), I was informed lifetime policy was changed with no limit:

"Effective immediately, you will be permitted to transfer your existing Lifetime subscription from one device to another, any number of times, regardless of when the Lifetime subscription was purchased or whether it is currently associated with a vehicle, home, portable or dock & play radio.
*There is a $35 fee for each permitted transfer. (Was originally $75, recently this was changed to $35) Each of the fees which you may be charged will be subject to applicable taxes, and must be done on the website."

Last edited: