Old website is being completely phased out. No more Slacker Portable station changes

Discussion in 'Slacker Radio' started by squigy0, Mar 4, 2014.

1. squigy0

squigy0 Member

And hence began the joy of trying to get a bricked G1 up and running again, which is a frustrating task I've had to do about 7 times, before I've got no chances of it ever working again. :D

2. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Mobile App.

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Sure, but you missed the part about the joy of getting the old radio to work.

I know there are some folks here using those radios.
    It's always a little sad to see equipment get phased out.

4. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I thought about buying one of those before I got a smartphone. Glad I didn't, but I understand they were pretty nice radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Yeah, it was one that I wanted to get, but procrastinated too long.

I think Hyson has one, and someone else around here too.

6. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

I have a G1 and love it. Eff Slacker, too. I'm glad I didn't buy a premium plan.

The radio is so sweet and gets used in my SUV and while I lift. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it and holds a shit-ton of music (none of which I had to purchase). This really pisses me off.

7. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I still have a Slacker G2 with 2 docs. I dug it out the other day and messed around with it. It still downloads and plays just fine.

The sad part is once that old web site goes down, you won't be able to add any new stations. Any existing stations on the device will continue to sync as always.

However, it is the beginning of the end, because without being able add stations there is really not much point to the device after a certain point.

The writing has been on the wall since 2009, the G2 was released in 2007. So, all these years they continued to support it even though their strategy changed. I am not pissed and have nothing to complain about. I could have potentially enjoyed this device for over 6 years. Not many music devices last that long.

October 21, 2009, 11:47 AM
    Slacker Ditches G2 Device In Favor Of New Mobile Strategy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  8. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I guess this means that old unsupported standalone app I have in my PC will no longer work.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk