On Deep Tracks

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Finally- I've been hearing about this for almost 2 years now! I believe John wasn't happy with a few tracks last year and went back to the studio to re-work them. Should be worth the wait :bigclap:

He’s an American singer, songwriter and guitarist best known for his roots with Creedence Clearwater Revival. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1983. He’s releasing his ninth solo album – Wrote A Song Foe Everyone – a collection of classics and deep tracks from his career, performed alongside artists such as the Foo Fighters, Bob Seger, Keith Urban and more!

We're talking about John Fogerty and he is joining Jim Ladd for an in-depth discussion, high in the Hollywood hills, Wednesday night, May 29th at 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific

Exclusively on Deep Tracks… SiriusXM channel 27
I hardly listen to Jim Ladd but will for this. :buttrock:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
970765_338468799589126_898391526_n.jpg

01. Fortunate Son (with Foo Fighters) 3:29
02. Almost Saturday Night (with Keith Urban) 3:17
03. Lodi (with Shane and Tyler Fogerty) 4:19
04. Mystic Highway 6:04
05. Wrote a Song for Everyone (with Miranda Lambert, feat. Tom Morello) 4:01
06. Bad Moon Rising (with Zac Brown Band) 2:54
07. Long As I Can See the Light (with My Morning Jacket) 4:49
08. Born On the Bayou (with Kid Rock) 4:46
09. Train of Fools 4:40
10. Someday Never Comes (with Dawes) 5:16
11. Who'll Stop the Rain (with Bob Seger) 3:11
12. Hot Rod Heart (with Brad Paisley) 4:59
13. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (with Alan Jackson) 3:17
14. Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson, feat. Allen Toussaint and Rebirth Brass Band) 4:25

What an incredible 2+ hours of songs and the stories behind each one :bigclap:
Who'll Stop the Rain with Bob Seger was my favorite, but Keith Urban's banjo work on Almost Saturday Night was a very close 2nd. What did you guys think?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I missed it. When will it become available on demand?
It won't- Jim Ladd show has never made it to On Demand. Fogerty will be on SXM 60 in about 5 minutes- set your radio to record if you can't listen live!

971157_10151512372493387_875763642_n.jpg

John Fogerty releases his new all-star duets album "Wrote A Song For Everyone" today, and visits with Chris T. for an exclusive Outlaw Country interview on Thursday 5/30 9 pm ET with an encore rebroadcast on Friday 5/31 11 pm ET. @SXMOutlaw

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Attention Aaron: I have a surprise for you!!

This just in from Deep Tracks:
If you missed John Fogerty and Jim Ladd high in the Hollywood Hills last week - here's another chance to hear the interview!

This Thursday night, Jim is going to replay his visit with John and spin tracks from the new album 'Wrote A Song For Everyone'...

John and Jim, together again this Thursday, June 6th, starting at 7pm Eastern / 4pm Pacific EXCLUSIVELY on SiriusXM Deep Tracks channel 27!

Note: If they play Jim's entire show, the actual interview with John probably won't start until around 9pm ET and it lasted past the usual 11pm end time.

970765_338468799589126_898391526_n.jpg

01. Fortunate Son (with Foo Fighters) 3:29
02. Almost Saturday Night (with Keith Urban) 3:17
03. Lodi (with Shane and Tyler Fogerty) 4:19
04. Mystic Highway 6:04
05. Wrote a Song for Everyone (with Miranda Lambert, feat. Tom Morello) 4:01
06. Bad Moon Rising (with Zac Brown Band) 2:54
07. Long As I Can See the Light (with My Morning Jacket) 4:49
08. Born On the Bayou (with Kid Rock) 4:46
09. Train of Fools 4:40
10. Someday Never Comes (with Dawes) 5:16
11. Who'll Stop the Rain (with Bob Seger) 3:11
12. Hot Rod Heart (with Brad Paisley) 4:59
13. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (with Alan Jackson) 3:17
14. Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson, feat. Allen Toussaint and Rebirth Brass Band) 4:25

What an incredible 2+ hours of songs and the stories behind each one :bigclap:
Who'll Stop the Rain with Bob Seger was my favorite, but Keith Urban's banjo work on Almost Saturday Night was a very close 2nd. What did you guys think?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Excellent.. Just set myself a reminder to tune in!

Update: Jim is Live tonight & will replay his interview/complete album preview @ 8pm ET.
It ran about 2h & 30 min if you want to record it. They talked in great detail about each song, so be patient- the music is worth the wait!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Watching the NBA Finals and listening to the entire Fogerty interview.

I agree, the song with Seger was my favorite also. Fogerty is a smart musician. I enjoy hearing the story behind the songs.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2
Please let us know when this is ON DEMAND.

From 5/30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
I missed it. When will it become available on demand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRIUSaboutXM
It won't- Jim Ladd show has never made it to On Demand.

polls_aw_hell_naw_0511_143897_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Jim Ladd welcomes The Rides
Tonight 7:00 pm ET
Join Jim Ladd as he welcomes the legendary Stephen Stills and Kenny Wayne Shepherd as they discuss their band THE RIDES and the brand new album ‘Can’t Get Enough’.

Two time Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Stephen Stills and five-time Grammy nominated guitarist, songwriter and singer Kenny Wayne Shepherd may be separated by a musical generation, but they are bonded by a mutual love of the blues. When they joined forces with famed Chicago rock/blues keyboardist Barry Goldberg and formed The Rides, their extraordinary collective histories proved to be unparalleled - blazing a 21st Century trail for the historical American art form. Launching an exciting new chapter in each of their storied careers, the trio's new band is further powered by the explosive rhythm section of bassist Kevin McCormick and Shepherd's longtime drummer Chris Layton (also a veteran of the legendary Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble). Their 429 Records debut, Can't Get Enough features the new single Don't Want Lies and showcases a hard hitting mix of Stills-Goldberg-Shepherd penned blues/rock originals as well as some classic blues tunes. Also included are brilliant interpretations of Muddy Waters, Honey Bee, Elmore James and blistering twists on Stills' favorite Neil Young anthem & Rockin' In The Free World as well as the Iggy Pop & The Stooges early 70s classic Search and Destroy.

970699_364562206979785_1161905423_n.jpg

01. Roadhouse
02. That's A Pretty Good Love
03. Don't Want Lies
04. Search And Destroy
05. Can't Get Enough Of Loving You
06. Honey Bee
07. Rockin' In The Free Worl
08. Talk To Me Baby
09. Only Teardrops Fall
10. Word Game

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Jim Ladd welcomes The Rides
Tonight 7:00 pm ET
Join Jim Ladd as he welcomes the legendary Stephen Stills and Kenny Wayne Shepherd as they discuss their band THE RIDES and the brand new album ‘Can’t Get Enough’.

Two time Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Stephen Stills and five-time Grammy nominated guitarist, songwriter and singer Kenny Wayne Shepherd may be separated by a musical generation, but they are bonded by a mutual love of the blues. When they joined forces with famed Chicago rock/blues keyboardist Barry Goldberg and formed The Rides, their extraordinary collective histories proved to be unparalleled - blazing a 21st Century trail for the historical American art form. Launching an exciting new chapter in each of their storied careers, the trio's new band is further powered by the explosive rhythm section of bassist Kevin McCormick and Shepherd's longtime drummer Chris Layton (also a veteran of the legendary Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble). Their 429 Records debut, Can't Get Enough features the new single Don't Want Lies and showcases a hard hitting mix of Stills-Goldberg-Shepherd penned blues/rock originals as well as some classic blues tunes. Also included are brilliant interpretations of Muddy Waters, Honey Bee, Elmore James and blistering twists on Stills' favorite Neil Young anthem & Rockin' In The Free World as well as the Iggy Pop & The Stooges early 70s classic Search and Destroy.

970699_364562206979785_1161905423_n.jpg

01. Roadhouse
02. That's A Pretty Good Love
03. Don't Want Lies
04. Search And Destroy
05. Can't Get Enough Of Loving You
06. Honey Bee
07. Rockin' In The Free Worl
08. Talk To Me Baby
09. Only Teardrops Fall
10. Word Game
Great interview and awesome new music :bigthumbup:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Satellite

Exclusive Buddy Guy Interview

Tonight @ 7pm
Blues legend Buddy Guy sits down for a chat with SiriusXM host Jim Ladd about his new double album, Rhythm & Blues.

On his new album, Rhythm & Blues, guitarist and vocalist Buddy Guy sums up his approach when he sings, "People always ask me / About the blues I play / I say it just comes through me / I don't know no other way / I go by feel." A few songs later, in "Whiskey Ghost," he trembles as he describes the nightly test of will with a common blues-culture demon. Then, working alongside Steven Tyler of Aerosmith in "Evil Twin," he rolls through Blues 101 tales of woe about getting tangled up with the wrong kind of woman.

There are 21 songs on this two-disc set of new recordings, and by the time it's over, Guy and his guests have visited just about every worn-out blues cliché. That would be tedious listening if he were a troubadour. But in his music, the lyrics are really just there to set the scene. The jolts start after the verses, when Guy begins to play. His guitar — a custom Buddy Guy 1989 Fender Stratocaster — is more than hot-wired. It sounds like it'll give you a blistering burn if you get too close.

Every time Buddy Guy steps out, even if he's just doing a quick ad-lib between lines, he delivers something profound. That guitar wisdom, dispensed so casually, is the element no producer or record executive can order up. Guy is among the last living links to Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and other towering figures of the blues. And if you can't hear that in the slickness of the arrangements or the glitter from the celebrity guests, just be patient. The next guitar solo will come along in a minute or two, and then all that history will be inescapable.

Listen to a track here: NPR Media Player

51myI%2Bfa0qL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Disc 1:
01. Best In Town
02. Justifyin'
03. I Go By Feel
04. Messin' With The Kid (featuring Kid Rock)
05. What's Up With That Woman
06. One Day Away (feat. Keith Urban)
07. Well I Done Got Over It
08. What You Gonna Do About Me (feat. Beth Hart)
09. The Devil's Daughter
10. Whiskey Ghost
11. Rhythm Inner Groove

Disc 2:
01. Meet Me In Chicago
02. Too Damn Bad
03. Evil Twin (featuring Steven Tyler, Joe Perry & Brad Whitford)
04. I Could Die Happy
05. Never Gonna Change
06. All That Makes Me Happy Is The Blues
07. My Mama Loved Me
08. Blues Don't Care (feat. Gary Clark, Jr.)
09. I Came Up Hard
10. Poison Ivy

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Satellite

Exclusive Buddy Guy Interview

Tonight @ 7pm
Blues legend Buddy Guy sits down for a chat with SiriusXM host Jim Ladd about his new double album, Rhythm & Blues.

On his new album, Rhythm & Blues, guitarist and vocalist Buddy Guy sums up his approach when he sings, "People always ask me / About the blues I play / I say it just comes through me / I don't know no other way / I go by feel." A few songs later, in "Whiskey Ghost," he trembles as he describes the nightly test of will with a common blues-culture demon. Then, working alongside Steven Tyler of Aerosmith in "Evil Twin," he rolls through Blues 101 tales of woe about getting tangled up with the wrong kind of woman.

There are 21 songs on this two-disc set of new recordings, and by the time it's over, Guy and his guests have visited just about every worn-out blues cliché. That would be tedious listening if he were a troubadour. But in his music, the lyrics are really just there to set the scene. The jolts start after the verses, when Guy begins to play. His guitar — a custom Buddy Guy 1989 Fender Stratocaster — is more than hot-wired. It sounds like it'll give you a blistering burn if you get too close.

Every time Buddy Guy steps out, even if he's just doing a quick ad-lib between lines, he delivers something profound. That guitar wisdom, dispensed so casually, is the element no producer or record executive can order up. Guy is among the last living links to Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf and other towering figures of the blues. And if you can't hear that in the slickness of the arrangements or the glitter from the celebrity guests, just be patient. The next guitar solo will come along in a minute or two, and then all that history will be inescapable.

Listen to a track here: NPR Media Player

51myI%2Bfa0qL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Disc 1:
01. Best In Town
02. Justifyin'
03. I Go By Feel
04. Messin' With The Kid (featuring Kid Rock)
05. What's Up With That Woman
06. One Day Away (feat. Keith Urban)
07. Well I Done Got Over It
08. What You Gonna Do About Me (feat. Beth Hart)
09. The Devil's Daughter
10. Whiskey Ghost
11. Rhythm Inner Groove

Disc 2:
01. Meet Me In Chicago
02. Too Damn Bad
03. Evil Twin (featuring Steven Tyler, Joe Perry & Brad Whitford)
04. I Could Die Happy
05. Never Gonna Change
06. All That Makes Me Happy Is The Blues
07. My Mama Loved Me
08. Blues Don't Care (feat. Gary Clark, Jr.)
09. I Came Up Hard
10. Poison Ivy

Tune In Alert: Starts at 9pm ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Today's Earle Bailey Show:

> Ian Anderson explains how he became pictured standing on one leg while playing flute.

> Stephen Stills tells us about the Johnny of “Johnny’s Gardenâ€.

> Marty Balin tells us the story behind “Volunteersâ€.

> From “60 Minutes Australia†Bruce Springsteen talks about his blue collar roots versus his present day wealth.

> A 6 track set Undercover includes the acoustic California Guitar Trio doing the Ventures’ “Walk Don’t Run†Live at SiriusXM, George Harrison covers the Everly Brothers, and we have a Bluegrass version of the Moody Blues.

> From the Headphones file: Rennaissance, the Moody Blues, Peter Gabriel, and King Crimson among others.