On Lithium

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Sep 12, 2013.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

[​IMG][​IMG]

February 1, 1994 - 20 years ago yesterday! That was pretty cool- Thanks Lithium :buttrock: :bigclap:

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Did they play the entire album at once or just bits and pieces through out the day?

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

SXM is not allowed to play more than 3 songs by the same artist per/hour. They played only1 or 2 songs every hour, but with many factoids, interviews and other cool nuggets every hour. :buttrock:

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Town Hall today at noon.

SiriusXM's Town Hall with Marilyn Manson and Billy Corgan
    Fri Aug 7 12:00 pm ETTwo rock icons sit down with an intimate studio audience from a secret location in downtown Chicago to answer questions about their lives and music, as well as The Smashing Pumpkins & Marilyn Manson: The End Times Tour. Join Rolling Stone contributor and SiriusXM host, Jenny Eliscu, for SiriusXM’s Town Hall with Marilyn Manson and Billy Corgan, exclusively on Lithium – channel 34.

MadisonRadio1 and semipenguin like this.
  5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I've got 8 of them.

7. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

There's nine of them

8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Yeah, I'm still working on the..... Never mind. The 9th one just hit me. Duh.

9. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

I even got some and I don't listen to much Lithium

10. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I think it would be hard to draw a Stone Temple Pilot

11. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

For those of you who haven't been listening to Lithium lately, both Madison & Sluggo are now djing the channel.

Madison is no longer on 1stWave. Don't know if she's still on AltNation.

Don't know where Sluggo came from. I remember he was on KROQ when I was younger, and I remember him on one of the other channels, but I forgot which one

Lithium - '90s Alternative and Grunge Rock - SiriusXM Radio

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I noticed Madison on Lithium, but hadn't realized that she wasn't on 1st Wave.

She's still listed on the Alt Nation page, but not the 1st Wave.

13. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I have dueling opinions of her. She was a regular on the Jay Thomas show (along with Shuli Agar), and she's a funny, witty person. But her DJ shtick is PLAYED. Intentionally loud, obnoxious, sarcastic. It's a worn-out bit that they just won't drop. They used to have a DJ named A.D., and he had a shtick too, a too-cool quick talk in an undertone. He did it non-stop for (at least) 8 years, and I'm thinking Jesus Christ enough already.

They also have Madison pre-tape these totally useless "Alt Nation DL" music news segments, that they air every 15 minutes or so. Also very annoying and unnecessary. SiriusXM is convinced that their subscribers want more than just music; and maybe some do. But the service is so stagnant, nothing ever evolves, it's always the same thing. They still use pictures of Howard Stern and Mad Dog from over 10 years ago.

semipenguin likes this.
  14. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I haven't listened to Jay Thomas since Rodney Lee Conover was on there.

Madison is one of my favorite Jewish American Princesses

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm 50/50 on Madison. Sometimes she cracks me up, and others I'd rather not listen to her. I used to like the Monday song, but it did get tired.

Personally, I like a little blip of music news here and there.

I had forgotten about A.D. He was in a band (Another Day, I think) that got airplay on SXM and FM for a while. Don't know what's happened to either of them.

semipenguin likes this.
  16. scotchandcigar

I'm okay with music news as a way to offer a little extra, but everything SXM does is by a pre-planned, rigid formula. So much of the "news" is just trivia. And yes, sometimes Madison is a funny JAP, but too often I find her annoying.

17. microbob

microbob Well-Known Member

HecticArt likes this.
  18. scotchandcigar

Ha! That's great, I didn't know that petition existed. It essentially says what I said, but it seems overly serious. "She sings". Oh my.

19. scotchandcigar

By the way, Richard Blade's on my shit list too. He just doesn't shut up. I don't care about a Nascar program on another channel. I don't care about the Midwest tour schedule of some 80's band. I don't want to be reminded of Facebook, Twitter, request lines, on-demand, and the director's club, between every freaking song. I don't need to know the story behind something from 30 years ago. Just play music.

20. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker