On Prime Country

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Nov 19, 2012.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Last chance- One more replay @ 11 PM ET Tonight!

2. Sirterp

Sirterp Member

Got the 2:00 replay on now. As always, thanks for the heads up.

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

. Runs about 55 minutes

I didn't think I would like it as much as I actually did- I consider it one of Prime Country's best events ever!

4. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I just saw your note. Thanks, now setting up the MyFi to record the first 20 minutes.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  5. SIRIUSaboutXM

6. SIRIUSaboutXM

7. SIRIUSaboutXM

Alabama takes over Prime Country for Labor Day! Starting Friday evening, the band tells super-interesting stories behind the songs as we mark the release of the Alabama & Friends tribute album.

[​IMG]

01. Tennessee River- Jason Aldean *
    02. Love In The First Degree- Luke Bryan
    03. Old Flame- Rascal Flatts*
    04. Lady Down On Love- Kenny Chesney*
    05. The Closer You Get- Eli Young Band*
    06. Forever's As Far As I'll Go- Trisha Yearwood
    07. She And I- Toby Keith
    08. I'm In A Hurry (And Don't Know Why)- Florida Georgia Line
    09. That's How I Was Raised- Alabama*
    10. All American- Alabama
    11. My Home's In Alabama- Jamey Johnson

[​IMG]

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Alabama News

ALABAMA Radio takeover on Sirius XM!

Tune in to Sirius XM Prime Country at 6 PM ET to hear ALABAMA take over the airwaves!

The ALABAMA takeover will feature two cuts per hour from the new album “Alabama and Friends” along with 6 Alabama hits per hour – all hosted by the band!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  9. SIRIUSaboutXM

The Beatles of Country? Alabama’s Randy Owen Explains Mark Herndon’s Presence on Album Covers

[​IMG]

A 2008 lawsuit between Alabama and drummer Mark Herndon revealed that Herndon was just a paid employee of the band, not a fourth official member of the group. Recently, Randy Owen explained why he was still such a visible part of Alabama, which included appearances on many album covers.

Owen tells the Tennessean that his record label pressed them to include Herndon on albums like ‘Mountain Music,’ ‘The Closer You Get’ and ’40-Hour Week.’

“They wanted the four (members) so they could compare it to the Beatles,” Owen says. “I never thought anything about it, because everybody knew Mark had nothing to do with the structure with Alabama. He didn’t play on the albums. He was just on the stage with us, as were several other people.”

“Had we been smart enough, there never would have been four people in the pictures,” the singer adds. Former Sony Music executive Joe Galante said he doesn’t remember pressuring the band into including Herndon.

Jeff Cook, Owen and Teddy Gentry toured this year and recorded two new songs as part of the ‘Alabama and Friends’ album. Earlier this year, Cook said that even if the lawsuit hadn’t happened, Herndon likely wouldn’t have been asked back. Owen is more blunt.

“At the point of the tour, I know we made our minds up that we were never going to play with him again because of his attitude,” Owen reveals.

That said, the singer has no ill will toward the longtime drummer, who was a part of the band’s 2005 induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. Herndon is currently managing country newcomer Leah Seawright.

10. SIRIUSaboutXM

Steve Wariner with a Sirius XM Subscriber Only Performance happening today at 6 pm ET to fire up our Steve Wariner "WEEKEND" celebrating the release of his brand new CD "It Ain't All Bad"

Hear tons of his classic hits plus all the songs from his new album along with the stories behind the music all weekend!

On PRIME COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  11. SIRIUSaboutXM

New DJ on Sundays @ 5pm

[​IMG]

Deborah Lynn Thurmond (born September 30, 1953), known professionally as Deborah Allen, is an American country music singer, songwriter, author and actress. Since 1976, Allen has issued 12 albums and charted 14 singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, most notably the 1983 crossover hit "Baby I Lied" which reached No. 4 on the country charts and No. 26 on the Billboard Hot 100. Allen has also written No. 1 singles for herself, Janie Fricke and John Conlee, Top 5 hits for Patty Loveless, Tanya Tucker and Top 10 hits for The Whites and others.

12. goreds2

Sxm 58

Last night, Charlie Monk said Prime Country is going to play all 80's music this coming Thanksgiving weekend.

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

It's DEANA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All day (12am- midnight) hear songs from Deana Carter's new album (out on Cyber Monday) as she tells you the stories behind them, and her previous Prime Hits as well! Gobble 'em up!

It’s been almost 20 years since Deana Carter burst onto the music scene with her breakthrough hit, “Strawberry Wine,†and before she stepped away from the spotlight to raise her son, Gray, born in 2004, Deana had stayed pretty active in the music business, earning three No. 1 hits, another Top 5 and a couple of Top 20s before she took a mommy break.

Even during the break, she was busy writing songs and touring—opening for Kenny Chesney, who was so impressed with her tune “You and Tequila†that he recorded it himself. The song went on to receive Grammy and CMA nominations for Best Song.

But it wasn’t until just this month that Deana made her Opry debut! How does that happen in a world where a spot in the sacred circle is so coveted? “Honestly, I think it was just busyness,†she tells Country Weekly. “A lot of it, admittedly, was because I grew up in Nashville. The Opry was in our backyard growing up, so it’s not something you set your focus on doing because it’s here. People that grow up everywhere else come here to do that. It was always talked about and it was like, ‘Of course we’ll do that. Of course we’ll do that. Of course, at some point, we’ll do that.’â€

Now, 17 years later, Deana has done that and it couldn’t have come at a better time as she prepares to launch her first album in six years, A Southern Way of Life, this November.

[​IMG]

01- You Can't Stay
    02- Before You Left
    03- I Know Better
    04- I'll Save My Love for You
    05- I Don't Want To
    06- That's Just Me
    07- Waiting for You to Come Home
    08- I Barely Knew
    09- Do or Die
    10- Southern Way of Life

Deana Carter performs Kenny Chesney's "You And Tequila," a song she co-wrote, live at the Grand Ole Opry during her Opry debut:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJATylWsGRI]Deana Carter - "You And Tequila" Live at the Grand Ole Opry - YouTube[/ame]

14. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

80's Prime Time holiday weekend through Sunday. A special thank-you to first responders, members of our military, and all who have to work so others may be with family and friends on Thanksgiving.

15. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Red White & Booze Take Over

Today at 12:01 pm ET – Wednesday, January 1 at 11:59 am ET

Red White & Booze will be taking over Prime Country to bring that down home country feeling to your New Years party. Red White & Booze features music of country-themed bars and honky tonks across America by artists like Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan, Zac Brown Band, Jason Aldean, Kid Rock, Aerosmith and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

[​IMG]
    Hank Jr Concert to begin around 11:53pm

16. SIRIUSaboutXM

11-07-2013
    Wow, They finally gave her some recognition after she started 3 months ago! Pleasant change on Sunday nights :bigthumbup:

[​IMG]

Deborah Allen is one of those rare artists who forged her own path to success and ended up building a world-class career in the process. An extraordinarily talented singer, songwriter, producer and performer, Deborah's incomparable abilities as an artist may be matched only by her enthusiasm and creativity as an individual. It is that formidable combination of spirit and talent that keeps the Grammy-nominated entertainer and multi-million-airplay songwriter in demand. Deborah joins the Prime Country family with a unique inner circle look at the country music industry.

17. goreds2

Travis Tritt's Patriotic Countdown Friday 7/4 12 pm ET Prime Country: Ch 58

In the spirit of Independence Day, country superstar Travis Tritt counts down his picks for the most patriotic country songs. (2 hrs)
    Rebroadcast: Friday 7/4 9 pm ET , Saturday 7/5 3 pm ET , Sunday 7/6 6 pm ET

HecticArt likes this.