On Radio Margaritaville

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by goreds2, Nov 16, 2008.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

On Tuesday morning, Jimmy Buffett released the music video for “Too Drunk to Karaoke,†a duet with Toby Keith that will be on the new album Songs From St. Somewhere.

Watch the video down below.

Songs From St. Somewhere is now available for pre-order through both Amazon and iTunes. It will be released on August 20th.

You can get the single “Too Drunk to Karaoke†now at iTunes.

CMT : Music Video : Too Drunk to Karaoke : Jimmy Buffett

2. SIRIUSaboutXM

Great Rockin' Song!! :buttrock:

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

Just heard it on the concert from Cinci! goreds2- do you remember hearing it or were you " Too drunk to Hear Too Drunk for Karaoke?"

4. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I do remember it and like the song. I have heard it a few times this year listening to his other live concerts on Radio Margaritaville. (SXM24) :band2:

EDIT: Nice video _ first time I have seen it.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  5. SIRIUSaboutXM

Oh, the way the DJ put it, I thought this was a new song. It was however, the first time they played the studio version of the song.

6. goreds2

Correct.

7. SIRIUSaboutXM

DiLo & DiNunz from ThunderTreats.com Podcast decide to ask the Parrotheads in the Jimmy Buffett tailgate lot a few questions about show. If they don't know the answers to the questions they come up with some interesting answers. Especially the last girl.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzPLN-HGvfg]Drunk Trivia: Jimmy Buffett Tailgate - YouTube[/ame]

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

Programming update:

BREAKING PARROTHEAD NEWS...

Jimmy Buffett will be opening for his good friend and surfing buddy Tom Curren at The Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansett, NY on Thursday August 15th.

We will be airing Jimmy's portion of this evening LIVE, starting at 8pm ET.

CHEERS & FINS UP!
    ________/)_______
    @ J D S p r a d l i n

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

District judge takes on mantle of DJ today

Judge headed to ''Margaritaville" on XM/Sirius Radio

[​IMG]
    Greg Pinski thanks family, friends and supporters after being sworn in as the newest 8th Judicial District Court judge in the Cascade County Courthouse

In another life, District Judge Greg Pinski might trade in his black robe for a microphone to become radio DJ.

Pinski’s day job is sentencing criminals and presiding over cases, but starting today, fans of Jimmy Buffett can tune into XM/Sirius Radio Margaritaville, where Pinski will host a playlist of Buffett songs that feature Montana.

Pinski will air at 9 p.m. today, 7 p.m. Friday, 1 p.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday on the station Margaritaville.

Pinski said he listens to the radio station, and they do contests to be a “Fruitcake†on the radio, where listeners pick four songs and why they want to play the songs.

“I told them Jimmy Buffett has connections to Montana in his songs, and that I wanted to introduce the Montana songs to Radio Margaritaville listeners,†Pinski said.

Steve Huntington, the Margaritaville station producer, wrote Pinski back, saying his idea was great.

“I like it so much that I’m ready to move you to the top of the list,†Huntington wrote.

Pinski will be playing “Come Monday,†arguably Buffett’s most famous Montana-related song, as well as “Livingston Saturday Night,†“Ringling Ringling†and “Miss You So Badly.â€

Throughout the set, Pinski will give some history into his Buffett fandom, like how his first live experience seeing Buffett was at a private concert for President Bill Clinton in 1995, when Pinski worked in the White House. And since those first notes, Pinski has traveled to 13 different states to attend 42 Buffett concerts.

In the words of Buffett, Pinski might have blown out a few pairs of flip-flops along the way.

10. SIRIUSaboutXM

11. goreds2

Sxm 24

Cool deal when Jimmy does these.

08/15/2013
    Jimmy Buffett Album Preview Special!
    Jimmy Buffett is set to release his new album “Songs From St. Somewhere!" Experience EACH and EVERY song with Jimmy Buffett as he pilots us through his new album track-by-track, before its release! Join us starting this Monday at Noon EST/9am PST on SiriusXM's Radio Margaritaville!

Broadcast Schedule
    Monday, August 19th at 6pmET
    Tuesday, August 20th at 10amET, 3pmET, and 10pmET
    Wednesday, August 21st at 8pmET
    Thursday, August 22nd at 1pmET
    Friday, August 23rd at 7pmET
    Saturday, August 24th at 10amET
    Sunday, August 25th at 4pmET

12. SIRIUSaboutXM

I was going to wait until Monday to post that and list the album tracks and the album cover, but thanks for sharing!

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Jimmy Buffett Album Preview Special
    Today 12:00 pm ET
    Jimmy Buffett is set to release his new album “Songs From St.Somewhere." Experience EACH and EVERY song with Jimmy Buffett as he pilots us through his new album track-by-track, before its release! Only on SiriusXM’s Radio Margaritaville!!

[​IMG]

Track List

01. Something ‘Bout a Boat
    02. Einstein Was A Surfer
    03. Earl’s Dead Cadillac For Sale
    04. Too Drunk to Karaoke (with Toby Keith)
    05. Serpintine
    06. Useless and Important Information
    07. I Want To Go Back To Cartagena
    08. Soulfully
    09. Rue De La Guitare
    10. I’m No Russian
    11. Tides
    12. The Rocket That Grandpa Rode
    13. I Wave Bye Bye
    14. Colour Of The Sun
    15. Oldest Surfer on the Beach
    16. I Want to Go Back to Cartegana (Spanish version with Fanny Lu)

Jimmy Buffett was finishing his encore of 1977's "Lovely Cruise" at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion in 2011 when he went to shake hands with some fans – and tumbled off the stage. "I'd had one glass of rosé at halftime," he says. "I wasn't even drunk. I got a little disoriented and next thing I knew, I woke up in the pit covered with blood, going, 'What happened?'"

Buffett spent a day in intensive care before laying low for half a year. "It scared the shit out of me," he says, calling from his sailboat on Long Island Sound between summer tour dates. But did it change his outlook on life? "Nah," he says. "I've dodged a few bullets, between plane crashes and being shot at in Jamaica [in 1996], so I'm on borrowed time anyway. I'm not gonna change much about what I'm doing in life at this point."

Including his music: His new Songs From St. Somewhere, recorded over the past five years in studios from Key West, Fla., to Nashville, is packed with vintage lounge-y grooves. Highlights include the booze-and-beach jams "Somethin' 'Bout a Boat," "Einstein Was a Surfer" and the undeniably catchy lead single, "Too Drunk to Karaoke," a high-energy duet with Toby Keith. "There were some things in my checkered past that were [what] I would call research for this song," says Buffett. So when was the last time he was too drunk to sing karaoke? "Nantucket, about five years ago," he says. "It was my own song! I couldn't remember the words!"

He dives deeper on tracks like the emotional Leonard Cohen-style ballad "Soulfully" and the roadhouse rocker "Useless but Important Information," on which he rails against Twitter and the news media, howling, "Breakin' news, world's in the shitter." "I don't know how Nancy Grace will feel," Buffett says with a laugh, "but I don't care."

At 66, Buffett is still packing stadiums, while also overseeing an empire that ranges from two restaurant chains to Landshark Lager. "I'm competitive more than driven," he says. "I think you have to be." This story is from the August 29th, 2013 issue of Rolling Stone.

Rebroadcast: Tonight @ 6pm; Tue @ 10am, 3pm & 10:30pm; Wed @ 8pm; Thurs @ 1pm; Fri @ 7pm; Sat @ 10am ET

14. goreds2

On now. (SXM24)

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

16. SIRIUSaboutXM

17. goreds2

Will be cool to have concert shows on Sunday and Monday. :beer:

Radio Margaritaville's "Labor Day Weekend Shows"

Tomorrow 8/30 12 pm ET

Radio Margaritaville: Ch 24
    As Jimmy Buffett sings in “Come Monday,†Labor Day Weekend shows have always made for special times. Join our celebration of your extra day off! Radio Margaritaville brings you a whole long weekend of Jimmy's Labor Day concerts: (2 hrs, 15 min)

18. SIRIUSaboutXM

19. SIRIUSaboutXM

20. SIRIUSaboutXM

BAD NEWS for RadioMVille fans. Jimmy Buffett's Solana Beach, CA show WILL NOT air live, tonight due to technical issues. But...

GOOD NEWS! We will air Jimmy Buffett's show from the Le Trabendo in Paris tonight at 11pm ET, in it's place!! This was the first of JB's Paris show from the "Songs From St. Somewhere" tour.