Political Talk Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Well, if anyone cares, I lasted a week on the forum. Once they started discussing Barack Obama's "real" name, I decided I was out. I'm sure that by now, they're analysing magnified images of his "fake" birth certificate.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Well, if anyone cares, I lasted a week on the forum. Once they started discussing Barack Obama's "real" name, I decided I was out. I'm sure that by now, they're analysing magnified images of his "fake" birth certificate.

We are not doing that over there, TX just started the talk and I guess I fell into it. Sorry if you took offense to it, but as I said over there this is America and we have the freedom of speech, and I welcome it very much over there, as long it doesn't get out of hand by no name calling and personal threats. You are still welcome back over there anytime, but it politics and usually just about anything goes.

I have been running forums for years, I seen many people come and go over some stupid stuff and I usually hate to see another forum close due to that stuff. To make people more comfortable, I can lock that one thread and lay down a few more ground rules.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Now I remember why we got rid of the politics forum. It doesn't get in the way of our mission, and we get along better over here without it. I just haven't had enough time to get into the conversations over there that motivate me. Keep at it Wolf.

Reactions: Wolf

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Sorry if you took offense to it, but as I said over there this is America and we have the freedom of speech, and I welcome it very much over there, as long it doesn't get out of hand by no name calling and personal threats.
No need to feel sorry, as I'm not looking for apologies. Many people choose to be ignorant about what "freedom of speech" means, for their own gain. People are free to not support someone's free speech; to not participate on a forum, to not air a commercial TV show, to not patronize someone's business. The right to free speech doesn't guarantee you won't be speaking to an empty room. That's what real freedom is.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The problem with "politics" right now is that we don't have politics. We have yellow journalism and a race to the bottom of the civility barrel. TXWJ is a prime example. "Barry is a terrible president." Thanks, man. Great discussion. Don't let the door bump you in the ass on the way out.

I don't want to discuss that. That was annoying in 2009. Now it's just pathetic.

Oh, and I DREAD the coming of the 2016 election. If you thought the last two were bad, you're in for an unpleasant surprise. How rotten can we get? Wait about 18 months.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
The real freedom of speech is you can say whatever you want, but more and more people are taking that away from us! Like Android drools and iOS rocks! :p

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Real freedom is extra bacon on my cheeseburger. Can I get an amen, brother Hectic?

Amen! Testify Brother Casual!

The problem with "politics" right now is that we don't have politics. We have yellow journalism and a race to the bottom of the civility barrel. TXWJ is a prime example. "Barry is a terrible president." Thanks, man. Great discussion. Don't let the door bump you in the ass on the way out.

I don't want to discuss that. That was annoying in 2009. Now it's just pathetic.

Oh, and I DREAD the coming of the 2016 election. If you thought the last two were bad, you're in for an unpleasant surprise. How rotten can we get? Wait about 18 months.

This is a conversation better had at the other forum. No need to call brother TX out here. Not that I disagree with you.... ;) ..... But let's keep it in context.

PS - 18 months is going to SUK!

Sent from Tapatalk.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Just an heads up there couple of new topics going on over at the Political Asylum.

Immigration kids crossing the border | The Political Asylum Forum
A Lawsuit Could Destroy Obamacare | The Political Asylum Forum
The Death Penalty | The Political Asylum Forum

Today in Arizona they did an execution and the intimate took two hours to die, which normally takes 10 minutes to kill them. Now people are protesting, to do away the death penalty because it too humane, which Arizona Supreme Court was involved a few times.

I almost posted the death penalty here, but it talks about political in the article to much.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Last year, I created a Political Asylum forum and I wanted to do more features with it. But I was limit with that forum site and had couple of other issues, so I closed it down.

Now I own my own website and control things a hell a lot better, I was able to create a forum using wordpress with the help of bbpress software. So I would like to reintroduce the new Political Asylum Forums |

I will allow arguments and of course no personal threats on each other. The forum is supposedly be found on Tapatalk, but I'm getting some weird error and I will try and fix it soon.

If you guys, get any errors over there please report them to me. I just want to say thanks and hopefully to see you guys over there again. The link can also be found in my signature.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Last year, I created a Political Asylum forum and I wanted to do more features with it. But I was limit with that forum site and had couple of other issues, so I closed it down.

Now I own my own website and control things a hell a lot better, I was able to create a forum using wordpress with the help of bbpress software. So I would like to reintroduce the new Political Asylum Forums |

I will allow arguments and of course no personal threats on each other. The forum is supposedly be found on Tapatalk, but I'm getting some weird error and I will try and fix it soon.

If you guys, get any errors over there please report them to me. I just want to say thanks and hopefully to see you guys over there again. The link can also be found in my signature.

I don't see any topics. I specifically do not see a Canadian politics section?

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I would participate, but anybody who would vote for anyone running for president in this cycle isn't worthy of my electrons. #worstfieldever

Reactions: JHDK
Status
Not open for further replies.