Rihanna Live from the Hackney Festival

Discussion in 'Hip Hop, R&B, Old School' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Jun 29, 2012.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

[​IMG]

Tonight 10:00 pm ET
    The Heat SXM 47
    The Heat presents BBC Radio 1’s broadcast of Rihanna’s electric live performance from this year’s Hackney Festival in London, which includes a guest appearance from Jay-Z! (1 hr)

[​IMG]
    Rihanna has closed BBC Radio 1's Hackney Weekend, a free two-day festival in east London.

She opened her headline set with Only Girl In The World, performing in front of a giant sphinx.

"Hackney, you're crazier than they told me!" the 24-year-old shouted, as up to 50,000 fans watched.

Her mentor Jay-Z took to the stage for a run of three songs. The pair had also performed together during Jay-Z's set on Saturday night.

After her third track, S&M, Rihanna ran into the audience to ask for help re-attaching the battery pack for her microphone, which had become loose during a high-energy dance routine.

She closed the set an hour later with We Found Love, her global number one hit from last year.

Rihanna review: 'History' in Hackney

"You guys are making this such a memorable show for me," she said before she left the stage.

Rihanna set list

Only Girl In The World
    Disturbia
    S&M
    Cockiness
    Birthday Cake
    What's My Name?
    Rude Boy
    Love The Way You Lie
    Man Down
    Where Have You Been?
    Wait Your Turn
    Hard
    Don't Stop The Music
    Run This Town (with Jay-Z)
    Talk That Talk (with Jay-Z)
    Umbrella (with Jay-Z)
    We Found Love

2. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Wonder how auto tune would translate to a live show.

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Jay-Z Live from the Hackney Concert in London
    Hip-Hop Nation: Ch 44

July 4 at 9:00 pm
    We’re bringing you an exclusive Jay-Z concert recorded live from the Hackney Concert in London. Be sure to tune in -- you never know who Hov will bring on stage! (1 hr, 10 min)