RIM to unveil new BlackBerry

Inspector6

Jan 31, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have my BlackBerry Q10 for almost a week. The hardware specs beats the iphone 5 ( 2 gb ram, 2.0 front facing camera, 2100 mhz battery ) and the software is all new with the fastest html5 brower on the market ( check html5test.com it beat it iphone by around 100 points out of 500 ). The specs on the Samsung G3 & G4 are similar to the BB10 devices. I unlock my Q10 for travel, installed my 32 GB micro SD card and pared it with my 32 GB PlayBook ( tablet ). I have over 100 GB of storage when you include my Free cloud storage. I have: BBM Video, Instagram, Skype, Snapchat, WhatsApp, facebook, Tweetcaster Pro, LinkIn, Google Maps with navigation, SiriusXM US ( via web browser ), Sirius Canada ( via web browser ), Bubba Army Redux, TuneIn Radio, Moon+ Reader, SkyDrive, Netflix, CNN, CNBC, Crackle, CBS Sports, Fuel TV, CBC News, Tapatalk2, Pinterest, Flipboard, and lots of brand name games ( Cut the Rope, Monopoly ect. ) as well as all the regular BlackBerry apps. Not to forget, BlackBerry still has the best security out of the box ( so important ). It's so fasts. I'm loving it.

Inspector6

Jan 31, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I just unlock the SIM card port on my BlackBerry Q10 so now its even sweeter. Two weeks ago I had my unlocked BlackBerry 9900 in Negril Jamaica and the resort wanted $10 a day for wifi but I bought a local Digicel SIM card which gave me: 4G, 100 min local calling, unlimited North America long distance calls, texts, as well all of my BlackBerry services ( BBM and push email ) for $26.00 for 7 days. With my pared BB tablet I had all the internet on both of my devices anytime I wanted, where ever I was. Great when leaving the resort for maps and calling local taxi drivers. BlackBerry's are designed to be unlocked.

IdRatherBeSkiing

UPS SUCKS!
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have seen pictures of the Q10 and it is as hideously ugly as those older blackberries. While the Z10 looks sharp and spiffy, the Q10 looks clunky. I guess its a price they have to pay to keep the execudroids that used the old blackberries happy.

Inspector6

Jan 31, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have seen pictures of the Q10 and it is as hideously ugly as those older blackberries. While the Z10 looks sharp and spiffy, the Q10 looks clunky. I guess its a price they have to pay to keep the execudroids that used the old blackberries happy.
Hahaha... I don't know if i should even take your seriously, as it's BlackBerry's not "BlackBerries" lmao. But I don't care what device you use or what you prefer for a mobile computing systems design should be,,, I only care what I think. I bet you have not even tried the newly designed BB10 running on the Q10. But I have tried all of the others and I have made the right choice ( full QWERTY key board and a great touch screen user interface like no other ) and I have it paired with my PlayBook table which is awesome, and a BB10 upgrade to the PlayBook is just a couple of months away which will make my user experience well above most.

FlyersFan76

Nov 28, 2011
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

The funny thing is that I had a Bold 9900 for over a year, never in a case. Looked newer than my current 8 month old iPhone 5 which I usually keep in a case. Taking it in and our of case for cleaning or swapping cases gets scratches on it.

Choice in the market place is a good thing.

Just look at Politics and cable companies.

2 candidates lets the US have a real solid choice year after year that fixes nothing.

And high speed internet and cable TV is limited to 1 choice in a lot of areas. Yeah.

IdRatherBeSkiing

UPS SUCKS!
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

The funny thing is that I had a Bold 9900 for over a year, never in a case. Looked newer than my current 8 month old iPhone 5 which I usually keep in a case. Taking it in and our of case for cleaning or swapping cases gets scratches on it.

Choice in the market place is a good thing.

Just look at Politics and cable companies.

2 candidates lets the US have a real solid choice year after year that fixes nothing.

And high speed internet and cable TV is limited to 1 choice in a lot of areas. Yeah.
Competition is a good thing. I just think the Q10 is ugly. The Z10 looks nice.

For myself, I like my iPhone. But if I was entering smartphone market now, the Z10, Galaxy S4 and iPhone5 would be the ones I would be looking at. The Q10 looks like its from 2005.

IdRatherBeSkiing

UPS SUCKS!
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hahaha... I don't know if i should even take your seriously, as it's BlackBerry's not "BlackBerries" lmao. But I don't care what device you use or what you prefer for a mobile computing systems design should be,,, I only care what I think. I bet you have not even tried the newly designed BB10 running on the Q10. But I have tried all of the others and I have made the right choice ( full QWERTY key board and a great touch screen user interface like no other ) and I have it paired with my PlayBook table which is awesome, and a BB10 upgrade to the PlayBook is just a couple of months away which will make my user experience well above most.
I stand by my pluralization. 1 Berry, 2 Berries.

I understand you only care what you think. But it doesn't stop me from thinking the Q10 is ugly. I am glad you are liking it.

FlyersFan76

Nov 28, 2011
I stand by my pluralization. 1 Berry, 2 Berries.

I understand you only care what you think. But it doesn't stop me from thinking the Q10 is ugly. I am glad you are liking it.
It is a company's name so isn't pluralization different in that case? Kind of like that whole apostrophe with an "s" or without an "s" with words or names ending in an "s".

Do you find it ugly because it has a keyboard? If so I can see your point but that is why the Google releases the same phone month after month and Blackberry seems to be the only one that is willing to give a keyboard to those that need or feel that they need one.

I have had the iPhone 5 since September and I still have issues with typing on the thing. I could dial a phone number on my Bold without even looking at the keys.

IdRatherBeSkiing

UPS SUCKS!
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It is a company's name so isn't pluralization different in that case? Kind of like that whole apostrophe with an "s" or without an "s" with words or names ending in an "s".
It's not a company's name, there is only on Blackberry (formerly RIM) company. There are multiple devices which carry the companies name. For example if I saw 3 people with an iPhone with their iPhone devices on the table, I might say there are 3 iPhones on the table. Now the fact I do not know the specific model names of the various Blackberries, I call them by the more generic name. However, I can just call them crackberries if you prefer as this is not the company name (yet).

Do you find it ugly because it has a keyboard? If so I can see your point but that is why the Google releases the same phone month after month and Blackberry seems to be the only one that is willing to give a keyboard to those that need or feel that they need one.

I have had the iPhone 5 since September and I still have issues with typing on the thing. I could dial a phone number on my Bold without even looking at the keys.
The keyboard is definatly what makes it visually unappealing. I understand fully why they do it. They have a core customer base which uses them because they have keyboards.

When I first got my iPhone, I too found typing difficult (sort of a completely different sensation) but after a couple of days, it became natural. It's all what you get used to. I can't see myself going for a keyboard. I would prefer bigger screen real estate.

FlyersFan76

Nov 28, 2011
Just ordered 3 this morning.

Hopefully they ship early.