Road to Xenforo

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by drdroo, Apr 2, 2014.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Let's get this thread back on topic. It's a support thread, so let's not stray too far.
    We can start a thread in the Studio Lounge about electrocuting the Forum Jerk, and busting people's chops for whining.

XenForo support talk here please. We don't want to miss something useful between all the BS.

2. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

The ignore feature is alright, but I thought the "Mark Forums Read" got eliminated until I notice it got moved under the 3 dots. That one feature, I kinda like to use often because I don't feel like checking out every new post. I guess, I either have to get use to the new move or is there an option to widen the forum width to show those words again and possibly eliminate the wasted space shown below in red.

Attached Files:

3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

My forum list just got a lot shorter. :D

Still wish there was a way for all that to translate to Tapatalk, but I know we have people working on it.

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm not seeing it yet. Droo may track it down faster.
    Tapatalk is a different animal. The built in interface isn't that robust.

5. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

Same here

I did some research and the width can be adjusted in the Admin Control Panel

Hectic/Droo, here's the information for Wolf's request: How To Edit Forum Width? | XenForo Community

Wolf likes this.
  6. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Thanks Evil, if we had the +1 feature again. You would definitely be earning one!

hyson likes this.
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I was at the width control earlier. I'd like to slide the ignore buttons to the right since they don't get used often. The iPad is not the best thing to do these edits on.

It depends on what you're viewing on too. iPad in portrait hides a couple of items, in landscape they are all visible. They should all be visible on a laptop unless your resolution is set pretty low. The column width is variable so that the whole page fits on different resolution screens.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  8. drdroo

drdroo #1 by Women 18-24 Staff Member

That plus a buck and a quarter will get me a cup of coffee.

9. drdroo

Don't worry, we're bound to screw this all up when I upgrade to 1.4 of Xenforo.. :D That's a bit off.

I figured you'd just use Tapatalk and call it a day?

10. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I just notice, that the "Marks Forum Read" got moved back. Thanks droo/hectic whomever fix it, it looks a lot better now.

11. drdroo

Think that was Hectic, wasn't me. :) I just do the big stuff.

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I did adjust the width just a little bit. Hopefully we don't have people having to scroll to the right to see the rest of the page. I haven't had the laptop fired up enough to look for the other settings I'd like to adjust.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wolf likes this.
  13. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Oh you mean, carrying the donuts for Aaron. :D

Aaron likes this.
  14. drdroo

I think you meant Taylor. Let's not forget I'm a TSS employee. :)

Wolf likes this.
  15. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

16. drdroo

I don't know if it brings them into the discussion and notifies them or not, but that'd be my guess anyway.

17. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Let's find out if hyson, receives an alert?

@hyson

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I just thought it was a Twitter habit that people do out of habit. I didn't think it did anything here.

Sent from Tapatalk

19. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

I didn't get any alert. Just links to my profile page.

20. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I realize it a direct link to a profile page, to bad its not another way to notify somebody here to get an alert.