Samsung debuts Milk Music, powered by Slacker Radio

Discussion in 'Slacker Radio' started by Jon, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Samsung launches Milk Music, a pretty music app powered by Slacker Radio review

Samsung has yet another music streaming service to deliver the latest hits to smartphones. In addition to its internal music app that ships with every phone and its former Music Hub powered by 7digital, Android's leading manufacturer today unveiled Milk Music, a Slacker-powered streaming music app that is exclusive to Galaxy devices in the United States. The newest music app also happens to be the best looking and has fewer interruptions.

Milk Music has an interface that is understated, beautiful, and easy to grasp, attributes not typically associated with Samsung products. A large dial acts the primary way to navigate between stations. Users mark their nine favorite genres and then slowly move the dial towards the different sub genres that they can hear. Scrolling towards the Indie marker includes 90's Hits or Alternative, and the Electronic section has stations inspired by ULTRA Music Festival or Trap. The classic motion of moving through a radio knob to access new tunes is expertly replicated with this feature.

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I downloaded it on my Sammy Note 3. Pretty nice, I sort of like the unique spin wheel interface. It is commercial free, but you only get 6 skips like the free Slacker service.

However, the one thing I like about Slacker is all their countdown stations and other unique stations, which are clearly missing from Milk. Though it's said that Slacker will be programming some stations specifically for the Milk Music going forward.

You're Listening to Milk Music, powered by Slacker!

3. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

It's the best music app on my phone. Love it, love it, love it!

4. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I just got it on my GS4. I really like it! Plus the no ads is a huge bonus. Hopefully it stays that way. The quick tuning wheel is a nice change.

5. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Sounds like some features that Slacker should integrate into their regular app. It's okay, looks wise it's fine, but feature wise it could be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Super Dave

Super Dave Member

The only thing I don't like about Milk is I plug my phone into a FM Transmitter and then wander around the house and property listening on different radios and it stops after an hour or so, then there is a message on my phone asking if I'm still listening because they pay for the content. It has happened every time I let it run long.