Sirius.com apparently changes login code, 3rd party players now broken

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Replay AV now working after you download the new version (free if you have the old one).
Download Replay AV

Just to clarify because the way this was written it maybe a bit misleading. Thanks Wayne for the info on the availability of an update.

If you have version 8.43 or earlier, you will have to pay $9.95 to upgrade to version 8.72, which is the latest version where they have fixed the Sirius login and streaming issue. They will not be fixing versions earlier than 8.72. If you purchased version 8.5 or later this upgrade is free.

I think the $9.95 upgrade price is very reasonable for those still using the older 8.4 version! This is a great program!

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
Just to clarify because the way this was written it maybe a bit misleading. Thanks Wayne for the info on the availability of an update.

If you have version 8.43 or earlier, you will have to pay $9.95 to upgrade to version 8.72, which is the latest version where they have fixed the Sirius login and streaming issue. They will not be fixing versions earlier than 8.72. If you purchased version 8.5 or later this upgrade is free.

I think the $9.95 upgrade price is very reasonable for those still using the older 8.4 version! This is a great program!

You're absolutely right, DAB. Whenever I've upgraded Replay AV in the past it was free. I had version 8.43 and after I downloaded the upgrade I was surprised to find myself back in demo mode with a message saying I needed to pay $9.95. Reasonable, yes, but the cheapskate in me was a little pissed off when I saw that, I guess I've been spoiled by all the free upgrades in the past:bigcry: (I wanted to post a correction but couldn't find the forum I posted in:confused:).

TheEndless

Nov 23, 2009
uSirius replacement.. legal implications?

Does anyone know if there was a legal reason for the uSirius developer to stop working on it? I ask, because I've written a replacement for it, but don't want to release it if there are any legal implications.

Thanks,
TheEndless

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
SIRIUS XM has never made a fuss about it. Not even when the developer of uSIRIUS and StarPlayr were trying to make an online app for the iPhone (they simply faced rejection from Apple).

As long as it's free, you're fine.

Dragline

Nov 12, 2008
Does anyone know if there was a legal reason for the uSirius developer to stop working on it? I ask, because I've written a replacement for it, but don't want to release it if there are any legal implications.

Thanks,
TheEndless

If you ever do release it, keep us in the loop. I relied heavily on uSirius to listen to Sirius on a Roku Soundbridge. I'd love to be able to continue doing this.

TheEndless

Nov 23, 2009
If you ever do release it, keep us in the loop. I relied heavily on uSirius to listen to Sirius on a Roku Soundbridge. I'd love to be able to continue doing this.
I'm polishing the app now, and hope to have something to release by the weekend.

TheEndless

Phreaker47

Nov 14, 2009
I'm polishing the app now, and hope to have something to release by the weekend.

TheEndless

We will be endlessly grateful if you do. And to answer your question, I don't think anyone knows for sure if Sirius asked (or demanded) the uSirius guy to discontinue those apps. He certainly didn't explain it other than to say it was "best for Millard Software".

You said it's a replacement, so I assume it will work the same, automatically logging in and converting channels into normal URLs and all that. But, will you also include the Tversity component that uSirius had? I ask because this was a great feature that opened the door for virtually all DLNA devices. A friend of mine was using that to get Sirius through his PS3.

Last edited:

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I was using TVeristy to stream it on my Xbox 360 (and any other network-enabled devices capable of pulling in a stream). It was a great home solution, though I still want to get the new SIRIUS internet table radio when it comes out.. maybe put it in the kitchen or some place:

657149.jpg

Then again... It has alarm settings, so it would probably go in my room :icon_biggrin:

Last edited:

Phreaker47

Nov 14, 2009
That thing is nice, but I'm ready with my media center devices in the living room and bedroom. No need for a new gadget for me.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
For what it's worth, Stream_On has been updated and once again works.

I'm loving it that I now have a way to stream it on my computer. I used to use the Yahoo app but not since the update Sirius made.

TheEndless

Nov 23, 2009
You said it's a replacement, so I assume it will work the same, automatically logging in and converting channels into normal URLs and all that. But, will you also include the Tversity component that uSirius had? I ask because this was a great feature that opened the door for virtually all DLNA devices. A friend of mine was using that to get Sirius through his PS3.
It will definitely work on a channel by channel basis. I'll do my best to get the "feed" implemented as well, but it may not be in the first release.

TheEndless

Phreaker47

Nov 14, 2009
It will definitely work on a channel by channel basis. I'll do my best to get the "feed" implemented as well, but it may not be in the first release.

TheEndless

No problem, thanks. For myself, I was using it with a ASX playlist on my media center and extender, so URLs are all I need to get going. I'm sure we'd all be glad to help you out with bug reports too.
Will it mimic uSirius in every way, such as using port 19080 to listen on? Also, have the channel URLs themselves from Sirius changed? Just wondering if I'm going to need to rebuild that ASX file.

I actually asked the uSirius guy if he'd be willing to give out the source. No response. I guess that meant NO. Too bad, it would have probably been super easy just to modify that.

Last edited:

kularski

Nov 27, 2009
I don't know much about the Sirius side of things, but a friend and I have written a tool to work with XM RO. It's available from XM Tuner 0.1 Application.

If someone can provide some insight as to the differences between the two as far as login methods, I can probably create a version for Sirius as well.