Sirius Sportster 6

23collector

Nov 1, 2008
Hi everyone,

Been a while since I've been here. My Stiletto SL100 finally completely died after 7 years. I'm in Canada and have had a U.S. lifetime sub since Feb 2005. From reading through the threads, it seems that I will be able to buy a radio here in Canada and use it with my U.S. sub, which is good.

My question is, The Source, a retailer up here in Canada, has a Sirius Sportster 6 in stock and on sale, but from what I can tell, it doesn't seem like the Sportster 6 was ever released in the U.S.. SiriusXM.com itself lists all models of Sportster, except the 6. Was this limited to Canada? If so, will I have problems registering it with my U.S. sub?

Thanks in advance.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Not sure about Canadian inventory and US subs.
Check with TSS Radio. They will know what's up, and they ship to CA all the time.

23collector

Nov 1, 2008
Not sure about Canadian inventory and US subs.
Check with TSS Radio. They will know what's up, and they ship to CA all the time.

Thanks for the reply. I've read that radios purchased in Canada will work with a U.S. sub, but this particular radio doesn't appear to have been released in the U.S.. Didn't know that was possible.

Either way, I've emailed TSS Radio. Thanks again for the reply.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Thanks for the reply. I've read that radios purchased in Canada will work with a U.S. sub, but this particular radio doesn't appear to have been released in the U.S.. Didn't know that was possible.

Either way, I've emailed TSS Radio. Thanks again for the reply.

You will def be able to use it with a US Sub. Sometimes the customer service gives a hassle and you may have to talk to another rep. But all Canadian Radios can be activated on a US sub and Vice Versa. The Sportster 6 is cool. It's pretty much a Sportster 5, but guaranteed to have PowerConnect (some Sportster 5s here didn't have PowerConnect).

23collector

Nov 1, 2008
You will def be able to use it with a US Sub. Sometimes the customer service gives a hassle and you may have to talk to another rep. But all Canadian Radios can be activated on a US sub and Vice Versa. The Sportster 6 is cool. It's pretty much a Sportster 5, but guaranteed to have PowerConnect (some Sportster 5s here didn't have PowerConnect).

Thanks for your help, Taylor! As soon as I saw your post, I ran to the store and picked up the Sportster 6. Couldn't pass up the deal... $69.99 for the radio + car kit. Tried activating online with my U.S. account and had no problem whatsoever! I was up and running in as long as it took me to enter the radio ID and my credit card info.

So, just to sum up for anyone else who's interested in the topic (seemed to be a pretty popular one), my Sirius Stiletto SL100 (which I bought at TSS-Radio.com in 2006, by the way) finally died after 7 years, so I bought a Sirius Sportster 6 at The Source, here in Canada, and transferred my U.S. Sirius Lifetime sub to it. The transfer was done online, with no issues at all. Had to pay the $75 transfer fee (oh well), used my Canadian credit card, also with no issues.

Thanks again for your help, TSS Taylor!

IndustrialH

"Not dead... just resting"
Have to share this - a friend of mine does quite well doing the thrift store rounds and reselling the good stuff he finds online. This was dropped off yesterday at my work with a Sportster 6 attached (it was on a home base playing Cousin Brucie when I took this.) Came in the box with plastic, foam and a bit of dust. Price: A gift - if I find curling (the sport) stuff I give it to him - Sirius stuff comes the other direction :) Love the sound on these!

photo.JPG.aspxx