Sirius will not load at night

Discussion in 'SIR & XMRO Internet Radio' started by puddychains, Jul 1, 2013.

1. puddychains

puddychains Member

For the 3rd time in a week the Sirius app will not load after 10:00 pm. It opens then immediately crashes. It happens on every Apple device I have. I am now getting concerned this is the new Sirius. I have been a huge backer of Sirius but this new app problem is rubbing me the wrong way. The vast majority of my app usage is at night. Am I crazy to think new Sirius may be throttling the app during off peak times? My eyebrow is raising.

2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Same thing just happened to me.
    I figured it was because I am beta testing iOS 7, but now you've got me curious. This happening to anyone else?

3. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

10 PM in what time zone?

It seems to work fine for me, but then again, I'm non-Apple.

4. puddychains

puddychains Member

Central time zone. It started working again around 11 last night. It is recurring too often now and has me worried.

5. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you've tried all the obvious solutions like clearing cache, deleting and re-installing the app, trying it on different Apple devices, etc?

Send a PM here. They've been great help.

6. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

That's never happened to me and I listen a lot during that time period.

However, I have experienced some problems when I have the app running for a long period of time. You pick another channel or OnDemand show and it won't change to it. I just exit the app for about 30 seconds and open it back up and every'things fine.

7. voliconjoe

voliconjoe Well-Known Member

the last update was a mistake in my opinion. It doesn't respond correctly now.

8. blueneon36

blueneon36 Active Member

The Sirius XM Android App is garbage. It needs a SIRIUS update. Pun Intended.

Between No Landscape Mode, constant drops on a 4G LTE or FiOS Wi-Fi connection while the screen is on, and random "Data Connection Lost" messages while using either connection, I am ready to give up. I can always bring my S-50 with lifetime sub into the office and explore a way to get the antenna near the window.

The only value added parts of the app that work for me are the Download option as well as My SiriusXM. I can live without that though. My s-50 has a love button and scheduled recordings. It does the same things as the app and it doesnt cost me $4 extra every month.

9. puddychains

puddychains Member

The app wouldn't load again last night at midnight central time. It seems to not load way too often. It only seems to happen late at night.