Sirius XMU

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, May 13, 2013.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Vampire Week on SiriusXM U
    SiriusXM U Vampire Week starts Monday morning, May 13 and runs all week long
    Discover Vampire Weekend’s new album, Modern Vampires of the City, all this week on SiriusXM U. Listen for exclusive commentary from the band and music every hour, plus an in-studio performance in a special edition of SiriusXM U Sessions.

SiriusXM U Sessions
    Wednesdays 9 pm, Thurs 4 pm, Friday 9 am & Sunday 12 pm ET

[​IMG]

Track listing
    01. Obvious Bicycle
    02. Unbelievers
    03. Step
    04. Diane Young
    05. Don't Lie
    06. Hannah Hunt
    07. Everlasting Arms
    08. Finger Back
    09. Worship You
    10. Ya Hey
    11. Hudson
    12. Young Lion

2. SIRIUSaboutXM

Saw them on Letterman last week- pretty good ! :thumbsup:

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

They played a remix of one that wasn't on the lp Saturday that was pretty good. Don't remember what it was though.

4. SIRIUSaboutXM

SiriusXM U Sessions
    Wed 8/21 9:00 pm ET
    Small Black perform in-studio. The Brooklyn-based band discuss their recently released album, Limits of Desire.
    [​IMG]

1. Free At Dawn
    2. Canoe
    3. No Stranger
    4. Sophie
    5. Breathless
    6. Proper Spirit
    7. Only A Shadow
    8. Limits Of Desire
    9. Shook Loves
    10. Outskirts

Rebroadcast: Thurs 8/22 4:00 pm ET; Fri 8/23 9:00 am ET; Sun 8/25 12:00 pm ET

5. SIRIUSaboutXM

Pixies Appreciation Week
    All Week
    Pixies Appreciation Week runs through Friday on Sirius XMU. Indie artists share their favorite Pixies tracks and talk about the influence the band has had on their work. AND, Pixies co-host afternoons with Jenny every afternoon. A personal introduction to their first new music in 10 years and commentary on the classics too.

[​IMG]

EP1 is a 2013 EP by American alternative rock band Pixies. Apart from the 2004 single "Bam Thwok" and a cover of Warren Zevon's "Ain't That Pretty At All", this EP, along with the 2013 single "Bagboy", is the first new material from the band in more than 20 years. This is the first album they have released without founding member Kim Deal, who quit earlier in the year. It is the first in a series of releases planned through the band's web site and designed by Vaughan Oliver. The Pixies are aware of their legacy, the weight surrounding a new release and the fact that their longtime bassist Kim Deal left. Santiago said the band mourned for three days but decided to continue without Deal. The track "Indie Cindy" is about the band's hope that audiences will accept their new work after such a long hiatus. The song, according to Black Francis, says to the audience "I don’t know if you’ll accept me; I don’t know if I accept you. But we have this memory. Can we do it again?†The E.P. is intended to be one of several released through the band's website rather than full albums on labels.

Track listing

"Andro Queen" – 3:24
    "Another Toe In The Ocean" – 3:46
    "Indie Cindy" – 4:41
    "What Goes Boom" – 3:32

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Dig. Will tune in!

7. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

SiriusXM U: Old School
    Sun 10/27 9:00 pm ET
    Death Cab For Cutie joini Jenny Eliscu to ell the story behind their landmark album, Transatlanticism, and share tracks from the 10th anniversary reissue. Rebroadcast: Wed 10/30 3:00 pm ET

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

SiriusXM U Best Artist Discovery
    CHVRCHES

SiriusXM UBest Song Discovery
    CHVRCHES – The Mother We Share

SiriusXM U Indie Album of the Year
    The National — Trouble Will Find Me

SiriusXM U Sessions: Best of 2013
    Today 4pm ET
    Best of 2013 including in-studio performances from Vampire Weekend, The National, CHVRCHES, Local Natives, HAIM, and more. Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 9:00 am ET; Sun 12/29 12:00 pm ET

Sirius XMU's Top 41 songs of 2013
    Friday 4pm ET
    Sirius XMU's Top 41 songs of 2013 is a comprehensive look back at the year in independent music. From massive breakthroughs to chart topping debuts, Jenny Eliscu counts down 2013's biggest indie songs along with highlights from artist interveiws. (3 hrs) Rebroadcasts: All weekend

9. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Coachella artists on XMU:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now through April 18 on Alt Nation and SiriusXMU

This week, Alt Nation and SiriusXMU present exclusive performances throughout each day from bands playing this year's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. Hear new performances from Bear Hands, Cage The Elephant, Drowners and Warpaint, captured live at the Sonos Studios in LA. Plus archival performances from Bastille, Broken Bells, Capital Cities, Chvrches, Foster The People, Grouplove, HAIM, Lorde, The 1975 and more.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

semipenguin and HecticArt like this.
  10. MadisonRadio1

Coconut Radio: This is going to be a good show on Sirius XMU. And on demand

HecticArt likes this.
  11. MadisonRadio1

Even better is the Gorilla vs Bear show. I've been streaming this one too.

12. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Isn't that one of the weekly midday blog radio shows? Along with HipsterRunoff and AquariumDrunkard?

13. MadisonRadio1

That is correct. I have yet to hear the other blog radios.. Just the Gorilla & Bear show. So many things to discover on XMU

14. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Blog radio is good. I used to listen a lot.

15. scotchandcigar

The one I can't handle is "Carls", he sounds like HAL from 2001, and specializes in non sequitur conversations.

16. MadisonRadio1

I just heard Boy by BoyBoy on the Gorilla & Bear Show. I'm really liking this XMU stuff.

HecticArt likes this.
  17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I catch Gorilla & Bear every now and again. Not too bad.

18. scotchandcigar

I'm finding it a little frustrating that XMU, the adventurous indie discovery channel, is repeating their top songs every 2 - 3 hours. That's approaching top 40 territory. I'm not liking it.

19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

They go in cycles. Hopefully they get back to the variety side again soon.
    I have the same reaction every time I hear the Smiths.

20. scotchandcigar

On the upside, hearing each new song 4 times a day for a month really helps drill it into my head.