SiriusStreamer is now SiriusXMStreamer - supporting both Sirius and XM Radio!

Discussion in 'SIR & XMRO Internet Radio' started by TheEndless, Dec 22, 2009.

1. mickk

mickk New Member

i just learned to avoid any updates and to stick with 1.5.1. just be thankful he still lets you download that version because apparently he has no love for canadian subs :(

2. mickk

mickk New Member

i just learned to avoid any updates and to stick with 1.5.1 because this is the only version that works with my Canadian account. just be thankful he still lets you download that version because apparently he has no love for canadian subs :(

3. TheEndless

TheEndless Member

It's not a lack of love for Canadian subscribers, it's a lack of any way to test for Canadian subscribers.

4. kane1513

kane1513 New Member

i need some direction... been trying to get this thing configured for ps3media server and i cant seem to get it to work. added the urls to the web config file and the first 20 channels are all that show up and when i try to play them it says invalid URL. is there a better proggy to use to stream it to PS3/receiver?

5. kane1513

kane1513 New Member

K all the channels show up now but when i go to play a station it says theres nothing there.... and if i change it to asx mms it errors before i can click it.

6. DJL

DJL Member

Question ... Is there a way to get the limited channels such as Holiday Traditions (812) to work with this program?

7. mickk

mickk New Member

i don't know if anyone still pays attention to this thread but i am trying to log into siriusxmstreamer and am getting this error message:

The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

using version 1.5.1 with a Canadian sub

8. tom.amitai

tom.amitai New Member

Is anybody else experiencing audio drop-outs on channel 104? I started noticing it sometime last week. It sounds like the audio is being interrupted, but the stream is not. There are no artifact sounds, just silent spots that are approximately .5 to 5 seconds in duration. I only listen to this channel 3pm-6pm Monday thru Thursday.

9. Digerati

Digerati New Member

Hi folks. First post here, though I am not new to forums.

I am experiencing drop-outs on every channel I select (Deep Cuts, Vinyl Classics, The Spectrum) when using SiriusXMStreamer V1.9.11.0.

Zero Dropouts via the standard SiriusXM Player.

I have a good cable connection, i7 and 16Gb of RAM, lots of free disk space, nor is there any firewall setting that may be causing this. So it is not anything on my side of my cable modem that I can see.

Any one else having drop out issues? They occur frequently, often several times a minute and for me, they last .5 to 1 second.

The problem is such that I can't use SiriusXMStreamer anymore. :(

Would be happy to test a new beta! Windows 7 Pro SP1, 64-bit.

10. Freaky33

Freaky33 Member

Yes, same issue here. I'm using the SiriusWM6 application and also here lots of dropouts at the moment.

11. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Having the same issue with Maddog Radio (Channel 86). Although both Howard Stern channels appear fine, for me.

12. Digerati

Digerati New Member

SiriusXMStreamer still dropping out this morning. Went back to the Sirius Radio and no dropouts.

13. DJL

DJL Member

Does anyone still use this SiriusXM Streamer? It has been working great on my computer for awhile until just recently a red warning comes up at the bottom of the radio which rads "Cannot find the media file" after you select the channel. Does anyone know what the means or experienced it as well?

Thanks for anyone help. I really like this radio and sad to see it not working.

14. Digerati

Digerati New Member

Mine still works - but typically with drop outs. That said, so far this morning (fingers crossed) I have only heard one drop out in the last couple minutes.

15. Freaky33

Freaky33 Member

When is the new SiriusXMStreamer available with all the missing new SiriusXM channels?

16. cammy85

cammy85 New Member

Hey there!! I just went to the Options menu and chose Refresh Channel Lineup. All is well now. :)

17. jolivo

jolivo New Member

Sirius XM Streamer cannot locate media file

I have been using SiriusXMStreamer for quite a while on an ASUS laptop, with no problems. Recently, I have been getting the error message "cannot locate the media file". I have tried refreshing the channel list a few times, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling SiriusXMStreamer. All to no avail. Does anyone else have this problem, and maybe a solution?

Thanks

18. jfgawarzewski

jfgawarzewski New Member

same as above

I loved using the SiriusXMStreamer. However, I also get the red "Cannot Read Media File" error whenever I select a channel.

Refreshed channels and uninstalled / reinstalled.

Any tips/advice would be helpful.

Thank you for your time.

19. MisterNasty

MisterNasty New Member

CNN still isn't working. "Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D11D2"

20. Freaky33

Freaky33 Member

Finally, there is a new beta: SiriusXMStreamer2: http://t.co/OmEufMd9
    Works fine, but the channels loading very slow and stops after a couple of seconds. So I guess lot of things to do.
    Also the newer channels are working in this new beta so that's great.