SiriusXM’s Music Discovery Week

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Mon 7/23 through Fri 7/27
Tune in to SiriusXM’s Music Discovery Week, where we showcase the many SiriusXM channels that can help you discover new music! Hear remastered releases and new music.

Classic Vinyl

51fW--2lpeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
61QnRDV70hL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
61-hqPnd8uL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51MJACV60WL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Classic Rewind

41QRbcXLTsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51QfUJb%2B4JL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
51T9X6-TBHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Deep Tracks

61jf7lt2zHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
312gXcwSc5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41QRbcXLTsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ozzy's Boneyard

418TlNHBi1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Highway

61ITcqQpTIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Uggh. If I want to listen to new music, I would listen to the Spectrum. Doesn't it already play these tracks?

You may have guessed I enjoy being stuck in the 70s, 80s and 90s and don't want to discover nothing.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Uggh. If I want to listen to new music, I would listen to the Spectrum. Doesn't it already play these tracks?

You may have guessed I enjoy being stuck in the 70s, 80s and 90s and don't want to discover nothing.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you... but come on IRBS, why the need to criticize every bit of programing that is not of interest to you?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Also on Classic Rewind
Really looking forward to hearing tracks off this :buttrock:

Asia- XXX
220px-Asia_-_XXX_%282012%29_front_cover.jpg

XXX (pronounced Triple X) is the thirteenth studio album by British rock band Asia, released in 2012. It is the third studio album after the reunion of all four original members (Geoff Downes, Steve Howe, Carl Palmer and John Wetton) in 2006.
The name features the Roman numeral 'XXX', in commemoration of the thirtieth anniversary of the release of their debut album. The cover artwork was created by Roger Dean. The flying dragon-fish indicates that 2012 is the Year of The Water Dragon in the Chinese calendar.
XXX was released on CD, Deluxe Edition CD/DVD (featuring new music videos and behind the scenes footage), and on a limited edition vinyl.

Geoff Downes – keyboards
Steve Howe – electric, acoustic and steel guitars
Carl Palmer – drums and percussion
John Wetton – vocals and bass guitar

1. Tomorrow the World
2. Bury Me in Willow
3. No Religion
4. Faithful
5. I Know How You Feel
6. Face on the Bridge
7. Al Gatto Nero
8. Judas
9. Reno (Silver and Gold) (bonus track)
10. Ghost of a Chance
11. I Know How You Feel (Midnight Mix) (bonus track)

the Spectrum

61%2BEp3PpMwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
On Hair Nation

def_610x363.png

Def Leppard covers own songs to get digital revenues
After a long-running dispute with Universal Music, the English rock band takes advantage of a law that protects cover versions, by covering its own songs.

Pour some acid on me. Some musicians refuse to come to terms with the terms that digital downloads offer. A few, such as Garth Brooks and AC/DC, have refused to allow their music on iTunes. Def Leppard, the English rock band that some people rather like and others fail to comprehend, is another that just isn't amused by the digital age. Now the band has leaped on a new, radical strategy to get a better deal for its music: it's covering its own songs and releasing them themselves. As Billboard hums it, the Leppards and Universal Music aren't fond of each other. The band believes it deserves far more for digital downloads, so it has walked away.

Frontman Joe Eilliott told Billboard:
Our contract is such that they can't do anything with our music without our permission, not a thing. So we just sent them a letter saying, "No matter what you want, you are going to get 'no' as an answer, so don't ask." That's the way we've left it.
More: Def Leppard covers own songs to get digital revenues | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Julie Brown talked about this. She covered one of her songs and released it on itunes. She told people to buy the new version & not the old one.

I think Cyndi Lauper tried to do that, too, but it has come with a lot more resistance...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2.0 :)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
On Hair Nation

def_610x363.png

Def Leppard covers own songs to get digital revenues
After a long-running dispute with Universal Music, the English rock band takes advantage of a law that protects cover versions, by covering its own songs.

Pour some acid on me. Some musicians refuse to come to terms with the terms that digital downloads offer. A few, such as Garth Brooks and AC/DC, have refused to allow their music on iTunes. Def Leppard, the English rock band that some people rather like and others fail to comprehend, is another that just isn't amused by the digital age. Now the band has leaped on a new, radical strategy to get a better deal for its music: it's covering its own songs and releasing them themselves. As Billboard hums it, the Leppards and Universal Music aren't fond of each other. The band believes it deserves far more for digital downloads, so it has walked away.

Frontman Joe Eilliott told Billboard:
Our contract is such that they can't do anything with our music without our permission, not a thing. So we just sent them a letter saying, "No matter what you want, you are going to get 'no' as an answer, so don't ask." That's the way we've left it.
More: Def Leppard covers own songs to get digital revenues | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

Good job DL!
:bigthumbup:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Also on Deep Tracks

51r8N704q0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Michael Stanley- The Hang

With over seventy minutes of music, “The Hang†contains twelve new original Stanley compositions and covers of tunes written by Dire Strait’s Mark Knopfler and songwriter-extraordinaire, Patty Griffin (who recently eloped with Robert Plant!). Once again the album was mixed by the legendary and very tall Bill Szymczyk and features the talents of Michael’s road band, The Resonators throughout. In a career that spans over forty-five years, “The Hang†is a work that sets a new standard in the musical journey of one of rock’s finest singer/songwriters.

51vSQPimX1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Little Feat- Rooster Rag

2012 release, the 15th album of original material by the Blues Rock veterans. Rooster Rag is the band's first album of all new studio material since 20003's Kickin' It At The Barn. Four of the songs were written by former Grateful Dead lyricist Robert Hunter in collaboration with keyboard player Bill Payne now the only musician to have played with every line-up of the group.

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
Also on Classic Rewind
Really looking forward to hearing tracks off this :buttrock:

Asia- XXX
220px-Asia_-_XXX_%282012%29_front_cover.jpg

XXX (pronounced Triple X) is the thirteenth studio album by British rock band Asia, released in 2012. It is the third studio album after the reunion of all four original members (Geoff Downes, Steve Howe, Carl Palmer and John Wetton) in 2006.
The name features the Roman numeral 'XXX', in commemoration of the thirtieth anniversary of the release of their debut album. The cover artwork was created by Roger Dean. The flying dragon-fish indicates that 2012 is the Year of The Water Dragon in the Chinese calendar.
XXX was released on CD, Deluxe Edition CD/DVD (featuring new music videos and behind the scenes footage), and on a limited edition vinyl.

Geoff Downes – keyboards
Steve Howe – electric, acoustic and steel guitars
Carl Palmer – drums and percussion
John Wetton – vocals and bass guitar

1. Tomorrow the World
2. Bury Me in Willow
3. No Religion
4. Faithful
5. I Know How You Feel
6. Face on the Bridge
7. Al Gatto Nero
8. Judas
9. Reno (Silver and Gold) (bonus track)
10. Ghost of a Chance
11. I Know How You Feel (Midnight Mix) (bonus track)

My dear God, that was 30 years ago, wasn't it? DAMN I'm old!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Classic Rewind has been playing 'Faithful' & 'Face On The Bridge' off this brand new CD- Asia still has that 80's sound that made me like them then and even more now :buttrock:

I used to dig them back in the day. I'll have to try to check this out.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I have a copy of the original. Why would I want a remake?
You already answered your own question: You, and only you, would not because you don't want to discover nothing. The real question is why are you still making completely irrelevant posts in a thread where you have no reason to be.

1) This thread is about Discovering New Music
2) You stated:
I enjoy being stuck in the 70s, 80s and 90s and don't want to discover nothing.
So, unless you have something constructive to say, go away :bam:

BTW, I hear the new version of Rock of Ages yesterday and it is awesome! :buttrock: Really incredible that they could make this sound so good 30 years later without the help of the master tapes!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Easy fellas. Let's not let this escalate.
This isn't a Mac/PC thread after all.
Lets just give each other a break and some room.