Site Speed

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by hyson, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

The 2 or 3 seconds or so that I experienced was proably just my computer/connection. I run in Chrome but sometime I load it in IE if I forget, heh. Overall it's very much improved.

2. drdroo

drdroo #1 by Women 18-24 Staff Member

For JimR and anyone else experiencing slowness, can you try initially going to http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/forum.php when you come back to the forum instead of the opening page?

I have some curiosity that VBAdvanced CMPS may be the issue, though we are using the newest version.

I myself noticed a large ramp-up delay of 10-20 seconds earlier in the day, but every other page seemed fine and I haven't been able to consistently reproduce this issue either.

3. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

That's the only address I come to.

I just experienced a 5-8 second delay from clicking on my Chrome Homepage link to the DRC forum page loading. But, like you said, it's hit or miss.

4. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I see the same thing as Hyson. When you initially come to the site, there's a delay in the page rendering, but it then seems snappy once I'm moving around in the forums.

5. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I got the delay once when I first connected at work. After that, it is fine. Reconnecting just now was also very fast.

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

My first visit at work today was slow, but has been fine since.
    I haven't cleared cache yet either.

7. Jimr

Jimr Member

That doesn't help me; it is still as slow as ever.

8. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

When I first open the site it is slow again, but once I log in and go to thread to thread, the speed isn't bad again.

9. drdroo

So far I've removed the old Orbitcast embed, which was going 404.. I'm going to try to move banners.tss-radio.com tonight.

I haven't hit the delay since I removed the Orbitcast embed, but that may or may not mean anything. That change was made about 2 hours ago (4:30 or so Eastern).

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Memories. Orbitcast.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk - now Free

11. drdroo

Yep that's what I'm seeing too, which seems to be related to two things, based on what URLJet sent me.

So we'll work on moving banners.tss-radio.com to Nexcess out of webfaction too.

At some point I'd like to move tss-radio.com's DNS to somewhere else (aside from Webfaction) too, but that'll take a bit more work. I may move it to HE or HP Cloud.

12. drdroo

We'd have taken over the Orbitcast.com domain if it were offered to us, I don't think it was though. It was just frozen in time for a long while, but it seems it's just dead in the water entirely now, thus the 404.

It's sad because they were getting traffic from places like Gawker's websites. Once you get people linking to you like that, it may be possible to at least offset your site bills.

That said, there hasn't been a ton going on in the satellite radio stratosphere for some time too.

13. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

From what I read in help forums online, the slowdown is bad javascript, or just any in general, that causes it to hang a bit before serving up the page.

14. drdroo

If that's the case, it shouldn't hang using page speed tests, since they don't digest Javascript, they only download it.

The hang seems to be on the initial load, at least in this case. That could be bad php..

15. dlnester

dlnester Active Member

I experience the initial delay as well, loading both at home and at work for the first time. After that it is rocket fast.

16. Super Dave

Super Dave Member

Initial load time seems to have gotten longer, double than what it was.

17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It's been slowing down on initial load time again for me too. After the first page though, it's still been running pretty quickly.

18. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

For the first time in a while, the website actually loaded pretty fast instead of taking about 7 seconds to load.

19. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

It's been loading slow on the laptop. No problems on Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. MM

MM Administrator

Just a curiosity question for you guys.

When you're using a browser what theme are you using?

I am using the "DRC Style" and I am having the slowness issues. This could be an outdated template that is slowing things down.

I might try the "Default Style" and see how that goes.