SL2: ZAP 2.0.5.69029r OS 2.0.3.54429 New Logos/Backgrounds {Released 3/9/09}

Discussion in 'Sirius Portables' started by kryptonite, Mar 9, 2009.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

I know. I'm not a fan of the new 90 minute timeout either. My workaround is that when i'm listening to talk, i'll change the channel every time there's a commerical.

Isn't the Sirius Internet Radio (no radio) $12.95 a month? If you only need one account, you might as well have a radio so you can get all the channels and have the ability to listen away from your computer.

The way I see it, paying $12.95 a month with one radio is better than paying $12.95 a month and having no radio.

2. PjD

PjD New Member

This really upsets me...
    I listen to Stern in my office (my desk only, no commercial use) and then misc channels through out the day, and I have to deal with this inactivity?
    Inactivity? the thing is turned on and tuned to a channel, thats activity !!
    In my opinion they have made the sl2 a a lesser device after I already paid for it!!

Pj

3. kryptonite

From Monday's show in the 10 AM section:
    MarksFriggin.com - Stern Show News - Archive

He also said something about how they shouldn't do it during his show. It's not that they do it during ANY show, it's a matter of when the actual radios grab the update.

But we already know how the system works. I could only imagine someone trying to explain it to Howard and he losing interest 30 seconds in to a 3 minute explanation.

4. bsummers12

bsummers12 Member

Finally got the update. What's amazing is that I had to scab off of someone elses WiFi, for some reason I can't do it here at the house.

Haven't seen any major changes except the clock is gone for a some reason. Think I'll look into it.

DISREGARD THE ABOVE POST...I FOUND THAT THE CLOCK WAS OFF.

5. kryptonite

6. omega_man

omega_man New Member

My SL2 has the old 2.0.2 5034 OS should i update to the new OS? Will it mess with the subscription if i update OS? I purchased it on Ebay with 6 months subscription ......

Could someone post a link to the new OS for the SL2 and link to how to do the update..

THanks

7. kryptonite

Connect the radio to WiFi for 20 or so minutes and it'll download automatically. It may take multiple resets of the radio and it may seem like the radio "forgot" the information, but there's a lot to download.

Bottom line -- connect it to WiFi and let it do it's thing.

8. slab0meat

slab0meat New Member

Just finding out about this now.... questions:

I have four Sirius subs, none with the premium internet. My SL2 is a lifetime, others are not.

Will I still/always be able to listen online with my lifetime sub? (I *think* so?)

My other three subs will only be good for online listening until it's time to renew them? (I *think* so?)

Does the inactivity issue come into play on both internet and wifi listening, but not regular satellite listening? (If it's "yes" to internet, can that problem be avoided if I don't bother updating my SL2?)

Sorry if these were easily answered before.. I just read a lot and my brain is now scrambled.

Also, my first post here, though I was on the old forums.. good to be here.

9. kryptonite

The 32K through the Stiletto will continue to be there. However, when your non-lifetimes subscriptions expire, you'll lose listening through the website.

The inactivity issue does come in to play through the Stiletto. However, what you can do to get around it is change channels during commercial breaks or songs you don't like, which you'll probably be doing anyway. (If you listen to talk, just change it to music for a few minutes every commercial break and you'll be fine.)

If you're listening to the Stiletto's internet feature, it will eventually download the new update. I don't think there's a way around this.

However, you will get updated logos and channel backgrounds, so the update is more of a good thing than a bad thing.

10. slab0meat

slab0meat New Member

Thanks for the info.

11. slab0meat

slab0meat New Member

Ever since I updated last night, I've had a ton of one/two second dropouts. I didn't have this before. Not good.

12. kryptonite

Previously, didn't we have to reset our radios every time new logos came through on the wireless?

Over the past few days, i've gotten a ton of new logos and channels to the internet side with no reset needed. If only things were this easy on the satellite side.

13. slab0meat

slab0meat New Member

Resets or no resets, my SL2 has been TERRIBLE with dropouts ever since this update.

14. kryptonite

There was quite a bit of time between this update and my loss of satellite signal (about two weeks ago)... but I wonder if they were related somehow.

15. jcc

jcc New Member

I agree. I wish I could just leave it on a channel without getting a inactivity timeout message

16. kryptonite

When you can, use stream_on to listen through your computer.

17. 97formula

97formula Member

How can I get this update? Just got a Stiletto 2 with an outdated ZAP (2.0.2.xxx). Connected MSS, clicked "check for updates", and it says "no new updates available".

Any ideas on how to get this update would be very helpful. Thanks!

18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I don't know/remember if they were (easily) downloadable or not. It's been a while.
    If nobody replies, let me know in a couple of days and I'll see if I can track it down through Droo.

19. 97formula

97formula Member

Does it matter that I'm on Windows 10?

20. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I have never got anything to work for SL2 on anything beyond Windows XP. If you can find an XP box, you could do a device recovery which will have latest ZAP.