So, Howard won't come to Richard's wedding cuz its in new york city in july????

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
WTF!??!?

howards got a sh*tload of excuses, but this took the cake. he berated richard for having a july wedding in the city, and how he cannot take off a weekend from his busy non-work summer schedule to attend the wedding. it came off really bad.

he also said that weddings in the summer are stupid cuz they inconvenience him. and they should have had it in oct or may so it wouldn't interrupt his summer. the nerve of this narcissist! SMH @ him having the audacity to tell richard that they should have scheduled the wedding so it fits his schedule.

and you guys know good and well, if it were in the spring or fall, howard would have been b*tching about how it should have been in the summer when its warm. and how he has no time for weddings in the spring or fall due to his heavy work schedule LMAO!

and if they wouldn't have had it in new york city, howard would have been b*tching about how having to go outside the city. remember him complaining about the jason kaplan wedding being across the river in new jersey. howard really comes off as a flaming asshole sometimes.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
howard really comes off as a flaming asshole sometimes.

richard christy should tell howard to go fuck himself. hes such an ass sometimes.

callers on TWUS ripped into howard, and were spot on. Eddie was great!

Last edited:

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
richard christy should tell howard to go fuck himself. hes such an ass sometimes.

callers on TWUS ripped into howard, and were spot on. Eddie was great!

only person that ever tells hwoard to f*ck off is JD.

everyone else is too busy kissing king howard's pinky ring as if he's the pope of radio.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
As a guy, I have told several people not to invite me to a wedding, because I don't enjoy them. I'd go to close friends' weddings, but otherwise, I can do without them. Sorry I'm a straight guy, wahh.

But, for Howard to b*tch out Richard like that really offended me. If Howard weren't the boss, at minimum I'm sure Kristy Christy would tell Richard to rescind the invitation to Howard altogether. Problem solved that way. But unfortunately Howard has to put even more stress onto Richard's back as to whether he will or will not be attending. It's really disgusting. Poor Richard (& future wife), I'm dead serious.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
As a guy, I have told several people not to invite me to a wedding, because I don't enjoy them. I'd go to close friends' weddings, but otherwise, I can do without them. Sorry I'm a straight guy, wahh.

To ASK not to be invited is classless and rude IMO. Just take the invite and decline. Send a gift of course.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I think he actually wanted to attend the wedding. He's pissed that he cannot, because of his own rule of being in the countryside during the summer. His own problem, not Richard's at all.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
This reminds me of the day Howard skipped Gary's father's funeral because Beth broke her toe or something relatively minor like that. I think he had a driver who could have stayed with her. She could have gotten back to the apartment herself. Howard should have moved heaven and earth to get to that funeral. Not because he cared about gary's father but rather at long last to show some respect for Gary.

J3ff

Oct 13, 2008
This reminds me of the day Howard skipped Gary's father's funeral because Beth broke her toe or something relatively minor like that. I think he had a driver who could have stayed with her. She could have gotten back to the apartment herself. Howard should have moved heaven and earth to get to that funeral. Not because he cared about gary's father but rather at long last to show some respect for Gary.

that's prob the most fucked up thing I've heard ever.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
To ASK not to be invited is classless and rude IMO. Just take the invite and decline. Send a gift of course.

Then it's classless and rude, I guess. Again, I am not talking about within my circle of friends, I'm talking about acquaintance-types who really only want people to attend so they have more gifts. Well, I say no and I am not sending a gift.

Circle of friends, I am right there, gift in hand.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I'm listening to it now. I don't think EVERYONE goes out of town for the summer. With the exception of young students and many teachers, the world doesn't change when it's summer. Not everyone has a Hamptons get away. Howard isn't saying it for sure, but I think this cements the idea that Howard won't work a single day in July (he barely did under the last contract). I realize Howard doesn't relate to people all that well....but it's getting a bit out of hand.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008

I'm pretty sure Howard broke her foot! How about that?

Maybe he wouldn't actually break her her foot, but I agree he loved that her pain allowed him to avoid an obligation that isn't fun for him.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I understand why Howard doesn't wanna go out but why did Robin feel the same way?

This is why the audience hates her. She does whatever Howard does.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Plenty of people get married in the summer in New York City (my daughter included). most summer days are tolerable and many are glorious. And there is something called air conditioning for the party. A while ago I tried to get a thread going on a comprehensive list of Howard's various prima donna rules ..like clearing the halls and no eye contact after the show, leaving a dinner party in the middle, getting a maintenance guy to change light bulbs etc etc

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Plenty of people get married in the summer in New York City (my daughter included). most summer days are tolerable and many are glorious. And there is something called air conditioning for the party. A while ago I tried to get a thread going on a comprehensive list of Howard's various prima donna rules ..like clearing the halls and no eye contact after the show, leaving a dinner party in the middle, getting a maintenance guy to change light bulbs etc etc

I understand want a break right after the show (a lot of the problems with the show are based on Howard's age....he just doesn't have the energy, sadly) but the leaving the dinner party in the middle remains the most fucked up thing that Howard ever did, yet criticism of it is nil (especially years later since nobody mentions it) compared to something silly like "Robin is a 43!"

Rob1956

Nov 19, 2008
RDog, so glad you brought that up. I hate weddings too, I go to the wedding but stay the hell away from receptions. They've become incredible orgies of self-absorbtion. I doubt Howard would have gone even if it was in the fall...

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
wait a minute. so howard went to brad gray's wedding cuz there are famous people all the way in california, but a wedding for richard in manhattan is too much to ask?

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
also, why does howard assume these parties at jimmy's house are in his honor?? I'm under the assumption that jimmy always has parties at his house regardless of howard.