Soul Town's Uptown Classic Soul Countdown Saturdays At Noon Est.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
This week now OnDemand

Expires in 11 Days
1972's Uptown Classic Soul Countdown with Wanda Ramos. Plus, this week's Motown Spotlight features the Supremes.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
This past weekend's show was just added On Demand:

Marching Songs/ Civil Rights Uptown Classic Soul Countdown with Wanda Ramos. Plus this weeks Motown Spotlight Features Marvin Gaye.

Little confusing last few weeks: Last week was Memphis Soul Part 1 & week before that was Philly Soul Pt 1 When is Part 2 of each?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I regret missing the Philly Soul countdown... some of my favorite songs.
I just listened to the MLK themed countdown.
Good stuff!

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I regret missing the Philly Soul countdown... some of my favorite songs.
I just listened to the MLK themed countdown.
Good stuff!

I listened to the MLK themed countdown last year. It was very good. This Classic Soul Countdown is one of the most under-rated in the satellite spectrum in my opinion.

Channel 49
Soul Town's Uptown Classic Soul Countdown

Saturdays 12 pm ET
Rebroadcast Sunday 12:01 am ET
Host Wanda Ramos shines the spotlight on a different Motown artist each week, and turns back the clock to count down 15 of the best soul songs from a specific year between 1960 to 1979.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Halloween Themed songs With Wanda Ramos. Plus This Weeks Motown Spotlight Features Brenda Halloway. (Aired last weekend- Available On Demand)

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Don't miss this!

Soul Town's Annual 'Pass The Gravy' Thanksgiving Special
Saturday 11/23 12 pm ET
Soul Town: Ch 49
Join Wanda Ramos for a special holiday classic soul countdown. She’ll give you countless reasons to be thankful you did! (1 hr) Rebroadcast: Sunday 11/24 12 am ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Soul_Town.png

Actually, this year she calls it:
Thanks/Prayer/Food Songs
Soul Town: Ch 49
Join Wanda Ramos for a special holiday classic soul countdown. She’ll give you countless reasons to be thankful you did! (1 hr 15 min)

15) Impressions- Amen
14) Sly & The Family Stone- Thank You
13) Ashford & Simpson- Count Your Blessings
12) Sam & Dave- I Thank You
11) Alicia Myers- I Want To Thank You
10) O'Jays- Family Reunion
09) Sister Sledge- We Are Family
08) Aretha Franklin- I Say A Little Prayer
07) The JB's- Pass The Peas
06) Dee Dee Sharp- Mashed Potato Time
05) Earth Wind & Fire- Gratitude
04) Sly & The Family Stone- Family Affair
03) The Isley Brothers- Harvest For The World
02) Ohio Players- Jive Turkey
Motown Spotlight: The Marvelettes
The Marvelettes- The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game
The Marvelettes- My Baby Must Be a Magician
01) William DeVaughn- Be Thankful for What You Got
(Hasn't made it to On Demand yet)

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Not related to the countdown, but could be interesting

Motown_strip_logo.jpg.pagespeed.ce.q3AgvOyIde.jpg

Talking Soul w/ Berry Gordy
Tonight at 7pm
Jeff Foxx has a rare and entertaining conversation with the man who engineered one of the world’s most successful businesses, the former Motown Chairman Berry Gordy. He launched the most successful recording label of a generation and launched the movie careers of Billy D. Williams and Diana Ross. Join Jeff Foxx as he explores Mr. Gordy’s latest venture his Broadway play “MOTOWN†centered on his ups and downs in Detroit and LA while building an empire and a dream.

Today, December 6, Motown the Musical creator and legendary Motown record label founder Berry Gordy gives an inside look at the smash hit musical based on his real-life story on Sirius XM Radio's "Soul Town with Jeff Foxx." The program airs at 7:00pm EST on channel 49.

"Soul Town with Jeff Foxx" is hosted by Jeff Foxx, who names "Love Jones" by The Brighter Side of Darkness as his favorite song of all time. His favorite group is Tower Of Power. He's a true aficionado who plays classic soul and Motown hits from Smokey Robinson, the Temptations and more.

MOTOWN THE MUSICAL, featuring music and lyrics from the legendary Motown catalogue and a book by Berry Gordy began performances March 11 at The Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (205 West 46th Street), and officially opened April 14.

Directed by Charles Randolph-Wright, Motown the Musical is the real story of the one-of-a-kind sound that hit the airwaves in 1959 and changed our culture forever. This exhilarating show charts Motown Founder Berry Gordy's incredible journey from featherweight boxer to the heavyweight music mogul who launched the careers of Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye and many more.

Featuring all the classics you love, Motown the Musical tells the story behind the hits as Diana, Smokey, Berry and the whole Motown family fight against the odds to create the soundtrack of change in America. Motown shattered barriers, shaped our lives and made us all move to the same beat. Now, experience the next electrifying chapter in the Motown story, Broadway's record-breaking smash hit MOTOWN THE MUSICAL!

MOTOWN THE MUSICAL is produced by Tony Award winning producer Kevin McCollum (Rent, In the Heights, Avenue Q), Chairman and CEO of SONY Music Entertainment Doug Morris and Motown founder Berry Gordy.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Just an FYI that the best Christmas channel will arrive on Dec. 10. :agree:

Holiday Soul
Ch. 49 | December 10 - December 26
Available online Ch. 755

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The Holiday Countdown is on now Ch 49 Online & will repeat tonight at midnight.
Not sure why Holiday Soul has elected not to play it this year :confused:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Today 12:00 pm ET
Wanda Ramos reviews 15 of the top tracks from 1976, the year when a new home was 43,000- the average income was 16,000/year, a 25' color TV cost $600, and people were taking Polaroids. In 76' Philly International made strong moves musically with I Love Music, and You'll Never Find. Number one that year was Disco Lady by Johnnie Taylor.

Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 12:00 am ET

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
SXM 49 Soul Town's Uptown Classic Soul Countdown

Today 12:00 pm ET
Wanda Ramos reviews 15 of the top tracks from 1976, the year when a new home was 43,000- the average income was 16,000/year, a 25' color TV cost $600, and people were taking Polaroids. In 76' Philly International made strong moves musically with I Love Music, and You'll Never Find. Number one that year was Disco Lady by Johnnie Taylor.

Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 12:00 am ET
Thanks for the reminder. I always try to listen to this first then go to Casey on SXM 7 for the remainder of that countdown.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
soultown_logo.jpg

This week's countdown features tracks from 1966, the year of Viet Nam protests, 32 cents per gallon gas and mini skirts. Some of the tracks you will find in the 15 most popular include, the Duck, Sunny, and I Love You 1000 Times by the Platters. In the Motown spotlight Gladys Knight & The Pips.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Soul Town's SUPER Countdown
Soul Town host Wanda Ramos takes a look at 1969 the year of Woodstock, the year that Joe Namath won a Super Bowl, and the Celtics and Laker's did battle, and the Godfather was a novel. The #1 song in the countdown is by Junior Walker.

I wonder if it could be "What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)" ??

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Sat 2/8
We have you covered the weekend before and after Valentine's Day. Checkout the countdown to see if your favorite love song is in our salute to lovers. It's 2 partsbecause there are so many ways to say I Love You. This weeks list includes classic soul from The Miracles, Spinners, Peaches & Herb and Marvin Gaye and Tami Terrel. In the Motown spotlight The Supremes.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Soul Town's Uptown Classic Soul CountdownSat 4/19 12:00 pm ET

In 1971, both Ali and Frazier had legitimate claims to the title of World Heavyweight Champion. In March they met at Madision Square Garden in NYC where Ali won a close fight. Nixon was in the White House, and cigarette ads were banned from TV. The songs that were the sound track of that time are featured with Kim Weston in The Motown spotlight.
SXM49

Rebroadcast: Sun 4/20 12:00 am ET

Reactions: Aaron