Ssotd

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Music' started by semipenguin, Aug 1, 2015.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Better than Ezra was pretty good.

Ezra can suck it.

semipenguin likes this.
  2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

On a Friday night, anyone can suck it

HecticArt likes this.
  3. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

The Rain, The Park & Other Things - Wikipedia

The sound of a rain storm is heard in the introduction as well as in the portions between the Chorus and the verses. In the song, a young man sees a flower girl sitting in the rain, in the park and, where they take a walk together, hand in hand, feeling happy, until when the sun breaks through, the flower girl disappears, however, the young man is still happy because of his love for the flower girl. The young man asks the question: "Was she reality, or just a dream to me?"

The song was used in the Lloyd fantasy scene in the 1994 film Dumb and Dumber.

HecticArt and Aaron like this.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That guy could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.

semipenguin likes this.
  6. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

RIP, Kanye (career)

I love this song, tho

Gold Digger (Kanye West song) - Wikipedia

The single broke a record for the most digital downloads in a week, selling over 80,000,[1] and was also the fastest-selling digital download of all time;[2] both records have since been broken.

HecticArt likes this.
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

8. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I still like Kanye's version better

9. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Jff

HecticArt likes this.
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

And I like my oatmeal lumpy.

Awesome.

semipenguin likes this.
  11. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Sh-Boom

Sh-Boom - Wikipedia

The song was first recorded on Atlantic Records' subsidiary label Cat Records by the Chords on March 15, 1954[2] and would be their only hit song. "Sh-Boom" reached #2 on the Billboard R&B charts and peaked at #9 on the pop charts.[3] It is sometimes considered to be the first doo-wop or rock 'n' roll record to reach the top ten on the pop charts (as opposed to the R&B charts)...

A more traditional version was made by the Crew-Cuts (with the David Carroll Orchestra) for Mercury Records[4] and was #1 on the Billboardcharts for nine weeks during August and September 1954.

Aaron and HecticArt like this.
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Fun.
    Lots of variety Semi. :thumbup:

semipenguin likes this.
  13. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Thank you. I love that song

14. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

[​IMG]

The Devil Went Down to Georgia - Wikipedia

The Devil plays his fiddle first, to a contemporary, rock music theme with the backing of demon musicians. When the Devil's performance ends, Johnny compliments him and takes his own turn, making reference to four songs. Two are traditional songs of Appalachia -- "Fire on the Mountain" (also the name of Daniels' 1974 album) and "Granny Does Your Dog Bite?" (the latter traditionally known as "Granny Will Your Dog Bite?"). The third is an unnamed square dance melody that includes the patter, "Chicken in the bread pan pickin' out dough." The last is a traditional American southern folk song "The House of the Rising Sun." The four songs are not performed but are only mentioned by reference. The Devil is impressed, admits defeat, and lays a golden fiddle at Johnny's feet. Johnny repeats his claim to be the best player ever and dares the Devil to a rematch in the future.

scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.
  15. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

That was an iconic song in my teen years. Everyone learned the lyrics, and the fiddle playing was impressive. Plus, it's a really catchy tune. Too bad the guy's a racist right-wing nut-job.

semipenguin likes this.
  16. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Mel Gibson is an anitsemite, but he still makes great films.

Chick-fil-a is anti-LGBT, but I'll still eat their food.

Charlie hit jackpot with this song. He can have his claim to fame

17. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I was gonna put this in the Lithium thread, but when I read the back story on how the video was made, I decided to make it a song of the day

From brother and sister act, Len -Steal My Sunshine - Wikipedia

The song's music video was jointly directed by Marc Costanzo and Bradley Walsh, under the respective stage names “The BurgerPimp” and “B-Rad.”[21] When Len had signed to Work Records, one of its demands was to be able to direct its own videos.[7] The group used a $100,000 budget to make the video. They flew to Daytona Beach, Florida with two dozen friends while the area was crowded with people on their spring vacations. They spent much of the budget on alcohol, buying so much that they broke their hotel's elevator trying to lift it. They shot the video in the afternoon so that they could recover from hangovers in the morning and drink in the evening. The scenes were shot without a script or storyboard. In the video, Len and its friends are shown relaxing together and riding on scooters, go-karts, and jet skis.[22]

Motorrad, whose scooters were included in the music video, later held a promotion giving away scooters of the same model.[7] At the 1999 MuchMusic Video Awards, "Steal My Sunshine" won awards for "Best Video," "Best Pop Video," and "Favourite Canadian Video."[23]

Damn Canadians. If Marc and Sharon Castanzo had played their cards right, they could have been Bieber before Bieber

HecticArt and Aaron like this.
  18. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Jff Weekend playlist

Aaron, scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.
  19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

JFF?

I never get tired of the Spinners track or the Pixies.

semipenguin likes this.
  20. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

You da man!

semipenguin likes this.