Stiletto 2 home kits

kdandrea

Nov 10, 2011
I see that Sirius is basically not supporting the stilettos anymore. I'm trying reduce down to one subscription and to do that, I would need a stiletto home kit.

I'm reading that the SUPH1 home kit would work for the stiletto. True?

If not, is there one that is recommended that is actually available?

Thanks so much.

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
I have a home kit for a Stiletto 2 I could sell you if you are interested. PM if you are if you don't find it somewhere else.

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
My Stiletto 2 finally bit the dust and would not recover. Took it back to BB under warrenty all they could do is give me store credit for what I paid for it $288 I have lots of accessories that now are worthless... Waiting for Lynx....

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
My Stiletto 2 finally bit the dust and would not recover. Took it back to BB under warrenty all they could do is give me store credit for what I paid for it $288 I have lots of accessories that now are worthless... Waiting for Lynx....

Its only a couple of weeks away, but it's going to feel like forever.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix

If I recall doesn't Tyler from TSS Radio buys back accessories or not?

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
Its only a couple of weeks away, but it's going to feel like...

Only a couple of weeks that Sirius will miss. Like Black Friday, Christmas

Well there is the January White sales..... :)

Even though my Stiletto is dead, I was able to re-activate my Car's radio ( Dodge Grand Caravan) that had a built in radio that supported Sirius... I won't miss howard too much he will probably be off for two weeks at the end of the year anyway....

Hopefuly they will make the end of year...

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
If I recall doesn't Tyler from TSS Radio buys back accessories or not?

I'll just keep them for a while as my wife still has a stiletto too. Since I originally bought it from Best Buy and they gave me the store credit, I'll want to use it on that radio. I'm sure Taylor would not want to buy my accessories if I did not buy my radio from him. He's a nice guy, but business is business...

jgboys1

Nov 28, 2008
Sirius has some reconditioned home and car kits for the Stiletto 2.

here is the link.....Shop Sirius Satellite Radio

Edit: Sorry did not realize you need to buy a new subscription to get these discounts.

Last edited:

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I'll just keep them for a while as my wife still has a stiletto too. Since I originally bought it from Best Buy and they gave me the store credit, I'll want to use it on that radio. I'm sure Taylor would not want to buy my accessories if I did not buy my radio from him. He's a nice guy, but business is business...

You can always list your accessories in the DRC Hardware Exchange forum. Are you needing a receiver just for listening or recording as well?

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
TSS Radio to the Rescue

Talk about god timing. My modified Stiletto 100 home dock has been the rocking chair for each of my Stilettos. It's been giving me fits lately. TSS Radio has a complete kit for 67.99, but all I need is a dock.

Along came my TSS e-mails about Cyber Mon & Tue. Checked out their open box items and presto, two SLH's were in stock for 35 each. That equals 70 buck, no sales tax for out of Illinois residents and free shipping. Amazon and Ebay lose, me and TSS win. Now my dead SL2 and deleted or failed recordings are nearly a thing of the past.

Christmas will come early for me since I don't want to play hit or miss for the next 20 shopping days.

If it's the same person who called me after responding to my e-mail yesterday, Droo gets major props for calling, taking my info and shipping it the same day (at 4:27pm).

That's service with a capitol S. :bigthumbup:

Last edited:

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Plus I think there is some swag in the order :buttrock:

True, Droo didn't ID himself on the phone, but he did in an e-mail. After a bit of begging he said he'd try to find bumper sticker to throw in the box and perhaps a t shirt. Free pub is what small businesses need to grow and I'm not the least bit ashamed to advertise for my hometown friends. :bow:

Like most of us listeners I've had numerous inquiries over the years about my portable satrad and tried to not laugh too much every time someone asked when Apple started making Stilettos.

My SLH 1 is acting like it has a mind of it's own and started working like a charm since I dropped the order. Having back up equipment is like an extra pair of socks when your working outside in wet weather. :bigthumbup:

The only thing worse than wet and cold feet is an early morning, dead radio with missed or deleted recordings. :banghead:

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Thats why I havent gotten rid of my SL2 yet.

I should start working on that.

If it isn't broke... well you now.

Got my parcel early this evening. Honest apology for misunderstanding Tom Taylor and his variation of SWAG. As a former military guy we think it means scientific wild azz guess and I thought he was alluding to the fact Droo might have sent the e-mail, but he wasn't the person who called me about my order.

Fast forward to today early Christmas. Pics will follow. Both docks were expertly wrapped in plastic bubble and buffered with wrapping paper. The major swag included a regular bumper sticker, window sticker, awesome t shirt my son can't wait to wear to college, a mini desk top size business card sandwich board style and door sized 17 inch long 8 inch tall sticker to pimp my ride. can't say nearly enough about how fantastic Tom and the entire TSS Radio crew are. :big:

I'm still marveling over the differences of the SLH1 and 2. The 1 seems like a light weight, disposable piece of plastic meant for short term use. The 2 is built to go the distance with a glove like fit and no nonsense operability.

Long live my SL2, it's new dock partners and the best business in Chicagoland and beyond.

Multiple choice question. TSS stands for:

a) totally sensational service

b) top satrad site

c) the superlative Stiletto (supporters)

d) all of the above.

Last edited: