Studio 54 radio coming 8/15

Discussion in 'Dance, Latin, Int'l' started by Satradiodude, Aug 7, 2011.

1. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

What the hell is Sirius thinking? Isn't 54 radio the same as the strobe? So they remove one disco channel and replace it with another disco channel brillient programming move.

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Actually, the removed 1 disco channel and replaced it with Pearl Jam Radio. Then they replaced BBC1 with the other disco channel. Essentially they replaced BBC 1 with Peal Jam Radio.

3. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

Why not just put Strobe back on the sats?

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Because now they have branded it with something they feel will attract more subs. SXM is all about presentation and not much about substance. This is their Sirius side talking. I remember him babbling at the FCC hearings and talking about the 80s channel and how he would choose which would stay and which would go. He said Sirius has the MTV VJs and XM has whatever XM has and we will decide which one has more recognition (or something like that). It wasn't the depth of the playlist but how the 80s channel was presented. Now they say they have Studio 54 radio. Sounds better than The Strobe or Chrome.

5. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

Gotcha:)

6. ai4i

ai4i Member

7. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

Well, I dropped my XM sub when The Strobe left...I will be a subscriber again now!

8. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Denny Terrio is still on 70's on 7 Sat Night but this Nicky Siano on Studio 54 on 15 played better music.

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

[​IMG]

Studio 54 Anniversary Celebration
    April 26 marks 35 years since the opening of Studio 54 New York City

Jellybean Special Mix
    4/26 at 5 pm ET
    Jellybean Benitez pays a tribute with a mix featuring some of the key songs made famous at the club.

The Marc & Myra Anniversary Special
    4/26 9pm ET
    Mark and Myra present a special two-hour anniversary show with special guests and original Studio 54 bartenders Richie Notar and Patrick Taylor along with Women's Wear daily columnist Rosemary Freitelberg.

10. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

This Thursday and All Weekend...It's Coming !!!! Happy 35th Anniversary to Studio 54 and the Opening Night !

[​IMG]

11. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a cool show.

12. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Saturday night In the Mix with Jellybean Benitez

is a good show