Suggestion: A "trashed" Thread

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Stuffstuffstuff

Jon, seriously? You think people here troll? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

If you're calling me a troll - a long, long time member in good standing - then you're off base...by a long shot.

And yeah, I think you're super sensitive toward Apple, as seen your defense and post reporting (and presumably not just my posts, either).

If the this announcement is such a big deal, you'd think more than 3 people would have been posting about it. This place isn't exclusively an Apple forum and my understanding of how Apple has such control over people is certainly lacking. Wolf pointed out that he thought the post was funny and it was a perfect opportunity to tell me or anyone else who was unaware of this "announcement" why it might be such a big deal. Reporting me sure seemed like jumping the gun a bit, dontcha think?

Alas, I'll freely admit my statement, which was deleted, wasn't 100% pro-Apple. Who cares? The thread wasn't taken any farther off course than any other thread here. Normally, they swing back to the topic - no harm done.

Trolls? Please.

Reactions: Wolf and Ehilbert1

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Jon, seriously? You think people here troll? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

If you're calling me a troll - a long, long time member in good standing - then you're off base...by a long shot.

And yeah, I think you're super sensitive toward Apple, as seen your defense and post reporting (and presumably not just my posts, either).

If the this announcement is such a big deal, you'd think more than 3 people would have been posting about it. This place isn't exclusively an Apple forum and my understanding of how Apple has such control over people is certainly lacking. Wolf pointed out that he thought the post was funny and it was a perfect opportunity to tell me or anyone else who was unaware of this "announcement" why it might be such a big deal. Reporting me sure seemed like jumping the gun a bit, dontcha think?

Alas, I'll freely admit my statement, which was deleted, wasn't 100% pro-Apple. Who cares? The thread wasn't taken any farther off course than any other thread here. Normally, they swing back to the topic - no harm done.

Trolls? Please.
The facts haven't changed. You tried derailing a thread, were reported, and were called out, BY A MODERATOR. And now your complaining because you can't bully the Apple threads. I don't have android, I don't post in those forums, I quit satellite years ago, I quit posting there months ago. Only the apple threads are filled with people who have never used it, and never intend to. Yourself included. Now instead of spending this day posting in the apple forums and discussing a new device, I have to spend it fending off a bully. Congratulations. I'm done here.

Sent from my iPhone 5S with Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: hyson

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
The facts haven't changed. You tried derailing a thread, were reported, and were called out, BY A MODERATOR. And now your complaining because you can't bully the Apple threads. I don't have android, I don't post in those forums, I quit satellite years ago, I quit posting there months ago. Only the apple threads are filled with people who have never used it, and never intend to. Yourself included. Now instead of spending this day posting in the apple forums and discussing a new device, I have to spend it fending off a bully. Congratulations. I'm done here.

Sent from my iPhone 5S with Tapatalk
I've been called a lot of things. Never a bully though. I'll cross that off my bucket list.

This is really getting out of hand.

Back to my original suggestion though.... a trash thread isn't something to consider? I wish everyone could read that bully post and come to their own conclusion.

Ha. Bro, after reading your edited post I'm truly sorry for posting anything at all. It sounds like I really ruined your day.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Talk it out people. Talk it out. This thread is better for it than a tech thread.

Hyson, your post was a troll. Not malicious or serious, but a troll none the less. It wasn't a problem, so it was simply deleted from public view. It's not a Congressional hearing.
Jon, you've done it a lot in the past too, and we've talked about it.
Hyson, you're making a mountain over a mole hill. You're being too stubborn over nothing.
Jon, you do get too sensitive over some of this stuff.

Now, Ehil, I agree that we should be able to discuss things like iStuff needing an SD or expansion card. START A FRESH thread if it looks like it may take a conversation off the intended purpose. If a thread naturally drifts, it's ok, it happens. We can split it, or take it on yourself and start (or suggest that) a new thread.

Now you guys are wanting it both ways. You want us to stop people from trolling, you want us to let you speak your minds, you want us to discipline people, as long as it's not you.

So everyone needs to act like adults, and take responsibility for how you choose to use this site. We prefer to stay out of the way and let people take care of themselves. That doesn't seem to be working well at the moment, so we're taking this opportunity to remind people that we will step in and get things back on track if you can't do it yourselves.

Reactions: Ehilbert1

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
PS
If we delete a post, we do it on purpose. There's no need to remind people of something that was worth going into the trash.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Forums, like this one, are dying. The amour of people that used to come here in the last six years, has dropped dramatically.

I don't believe in any way, hyson is being malicious, with his comments in the iPhone forum.

If you can't speak your mind, it takes the whole reason to come here.

We speak out minds on the Amazon Fire Phone, why can't people speak there mind about the iPhone?

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
cantwealljustgetalong.jpg

In other words...stop being a bunch of doo doo heads!! :p

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix

I don't own an Android phone either, I'm not really a fan of that company. But I don't go into the Android forum and start trashing their stuff. I may, go there and do a "troll" post if you want to call it, but I only do it once in a while, if I see somebody make a comment about Apple, but usually I'm told by a mod to stop it. But after while I don't care, we all have "troll" in a lot of forums around here. Now back to Android forum for a sec, I create post there about some of their latest high tech phones. But I am a tech guy, I love new technology.

In the music forum, I may do a post or comment about Nickelback and then people start trashing them, because they are not a fan of them. So what I am a huge fan of that group, hell there some bands, I don't care for and some people may do a post about them and I don't go into it trash them. But, if I did somebody wouldn't like my comment and it could cause an uproar and I could get suspended. So I simply try, to avoid those posts and I don't put them on an ignore list. Plus I been raised properly, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Finally, yea my english isn't the best on the forum. I get picked on by it, some of that stuff kinda gets under my skin and some I can simply joke about it, I don't usually don't care. I use to post fat cows on the forum, I guess it drove people away from the forum or get insulted by it, so simply I stop doing it. Plus I admit, I'm gay and lucky enough we have great people here, that don't insult me and I don't mind the gay jokes, those really don't bother me at all. Unlike, I use to be on another forum, where I came out of the closet and bullies decided to come out and trash me, plus mods/admin simply didn't do anything about it. So I left and never came back. Sorry for the long rant, but I wanted to get a few things off my chest.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I don't own an Android phone either, I'm not really a fan of that company. But I don't go into the Android forum and start trashing their stuff. I may, go there and do a "troll" post if you want to call it, but I only do it once in a while, if I see somebody make a comment about Apple, but usually I'm told by a mod to stop it. But after while I don't care, we all have "troll" in a lot of forums around here. Now back to Android forum for a sec, I create post there about some of their latest high tech phones. But I am a tech guy, I love new technology.

In the music forum, I may do a post or comment about Nickelback and then people start trashing them, because they are not a fan of them. So what I am a huge fan of that group, hell there some bands, I don't care for and some people may do a post about them and I don't go into it trash them. But, if I did somebody wouldn't like my comment and it could cause an uproar and I could get suspended. So I simply try, to avoid those posts and I don't put them on an ignore list. Plus I been raised properly, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Finally, yea my english isn't the best on the forum. I get picked on by it, some of that stuff kinda gets under my skin and some I can simply joke about it, I don't usually don't care. I use to post fat cows on the forum, I guess it drove people away from the forum or get insulted by it, so simply I stop doing it. Plus I admit, I'm gay and lucky enough we have great people here, that don't insult me and I don't mind the gay jokes, those really don't bother me at all. Unlike, I use to be on another forum, where I came out of the closet and bullies decided to come out and trash me, plus mods/admin simply didn't do anything about it. So I left and never came back. Sorry for the long rant, but I wanted to get a few things off my chest.
Fuckin A right, Phil!!! You're coolest and hardest mah fucka up in here.

I have mad respect for you, bro.

Reactions: Ehilbert1 and Wolf

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH

I'm glad your comfortable enough here to open up some. Especially after what those assholes on the other board did. No need for a closet with me or anyone else here. You be who you are and be proud. Your alright with me man!

Reactions: Wolf and HecticArt