Sxm Keeps Mailing Me Sh*t

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Does anyone else who has cancelled radios from over a DECADE ago still get shit from Sirius to reactivate their equipment?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I still have my old SiriusXM radio. But I don’t get any of there emails. I either deleted my old email account or simply click unsubscribe.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
No, not emails.

They physically mail me shit month after month. It's nuts.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
It's the government I tell you. They are tracking us with these satellites and know every position where we are at.

images

Reactions: HecticArt

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I get a letter about every 3 weeks. I was carrying 5 or so radios at once for myself and family/ friends though so they come for each radio that got shut off.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Here's a throw-back thread.

It seems that someone at SXM marketing has realized that they haven't been sending out promotional material lately, and have started sending a lot of promotional emails for app based content.

I've gotten a half dozen in the last 2 days.

Anybody else getting them yet?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Here's a throw-back thread.

It seems that someone at SXM marketing has realized that they haven't been sending out promotional material lately, and have started sending a lot of promotional emails for app based content.

I've gotten a half dozen in the last 2 days.

Anybody else getting them yet?
I have gotten some but not that many emails in two days.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm guessing it will be like anything they do, and they won't follow through with it for very long.
I'll ride it out for a little while and see if it tapers off, or becomes annoying.

Reactions: goreds2

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
After 18 years I recently dropped my SiriusXM account. Mrs. Goreds2 has an account so there was no sense in having two accounts in the household. I use the App to listen in the truck.

Since I canceled this past January, they have sent me paper mailings plus emails.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
After 18 years I recently dropped my SiriusXM account. Mrs. Goreds2 has an account so there was no sense in having two accounts in the household. I use the App to listen in the truck.

Since I canceled this past January, they have sent me paper mailings plus emails.
I was in the same boat. I stream from the same account that provides the Mrs.' satellite. But a couple of years ago, I changed cars, and I got a free trial for the satellite unit built-in to the car. Well, because of the age of the car (2008), the satrad sounded like shit. So I let the trial expire, and for a year afterwards, I got emails and letters asking/offering to activate that account. But it eventually stopped.

machpost

Feb 18, 2009
We just recently traded a car in on a new model, and within days SXM sent out an email recognizing this—apparently the dealer shares this sort of information with them—and with the click of a link, we were able to very easily cancel the old car's account, and connect the new car to the existing account, all while preserving the three month free preview period. But since then, we've been getting a LOT of stuff from SXM in the mail, as if we don't have an account with them at all. We rarely if ever got anything from them in the mail previously.