SXV200v1 Will not activate

rodentkj

Jun 18, 2013
I'm a long time user of Sirius and have installed several receivers in the past.

Long story short.
Installed a Pioneer deck with a SXV200v1 SiriusXM receiver. Got it activated and has been working fine for a few months. Couple days ago I had to do some work on my car and had the battery disconnected for a few hours. After that the receiver lost it's subscription and only gets channel 0 (zero) and 1.

I attempted to send a refresh to the receiver 3x over a couple of hours time. No change.
Then I called Sirius, got the typical robot support only to end the day in the same situation.

Today I strapped on my climbing boots for the long haul. Ended up at tech support only for them to tell me I needed to take the SXV200v1 receiver to a stereo shop and have a "hard reset" performed on it. When I interrogated the support person on exactly what that detailed all I got was (what I think) a non descriptive BS answer.

Is there any such thing as a "hard reset"? If so, is this something I can do on my own.

And yes I defaulted/reset my deck and unplugged the SXV200v1 for a few hours during my own troubleshooting process.

Thanks in advance for any help.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Sometimes you need to pull out the big guns to get to the good CS team.

Send a PM to SXM_Help here at the DRC.
If it's something that CS can actually fix, SXM_Help can do it for you.

rodentkj

Jun 18, 2013
Well thanks for the suggestion.
However, got sent down the same black hole.

"We are writing to you as we have received your response via social media in regards to you requesting further assistance with your radio not receiving our signal.

We would like to advise you that where you disconnected the battery for several hours, that this caused you to lose your signal. After the trouble shooting steps you have already done with us as we are limited where this is a aftermarket factory installed radio. We do recommend that you take this back to your dealership for a Hard reset, as this is something that we are not train to do with you where they do have to disconnect the battery cable as well as several other steps in re-programming your radio. We would greatly appreciate it if you take your vehicle to the dealership to have the hard reset done that you call us back from there to make sure everything is working properly.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us back as all our contact information is listed below:

Sincerely,
Jenna Campbell
SIRIUS XM Digital Care Team
1-888-463-5435
Monday- Friday
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST."

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That doesn't sound like our usual contact.... I'll try to find another email address for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Try talking to SXM_Help.

Send an email to Jess at:
sxm_help(at)siriusxm(dot)com

There is a different toll free # that I'll PM you. It's not Jess, but it's the support department that helped me out with an issue.

rodentkj

Jun 18, 2013
So a small update.

First off I contacted 3 separate car shops and each told me a "hard reset" consisted of unplugging the SXV200v1 receiver from the deck for a few minutes. No magic jig or anything like that. 2 of the 3 laughed when I told them the short story how the wiz bang techs at SiriusXM assured me that a "hard reset" had to be done by an installer. And that it would surely fix my issue.

With that said I unplugged the receiver for several days, plugged it back in and sent a programming refresh to it. No bueno. Same deal. I did not have a lot of faith in this process in the first place.

At this point I came to the conclusion that the SXV200v1 had died and that I would have to buy a new one or just bag Sirius.

Jenna, the person who sent me the message earlier (see above) called me 2x. Once was last week of which I did not return the call. And once this afternoon. So I figured what the heck I'll call her back.

I explained to her up front that it is an aftermarket deck and SVX200v1 that I installed. So I'm the guy, no one else. In a nutshell, don't BS me.

Long story short she tried to activate it one more time which of course failed.
So the receiver is still under warranty (surprising) and she is going to have a new one shipped to me free of charge. In addition I don't have to return the dead one. AND she is going to reset my current sub subscription to day one when I get the new receiver up and going.

So that is where I am at now. I'll likely install it next week sometime. [cross fingers]

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Now that's a story. I'm glad that they are setting you up with a new rig. It sucks that it took so long to get it sorted out, but the results are what's important.

Please keep us posted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rodentkj

Jun 18, 2013
Yeah well we will see. It's not over yet.

Sadly most people would have gave up by now. I work in customer service providing technical support to end users over the phone. I can see thought the BS a little easier than others.

I'll come back and update the end result later next week.

rodentkj

Jun 18, 2013
Final update.

So I received the replacement receiver in the mail last week. It came 2 day UPS. I installed it yesterday. Then called up Jenna, who was not avail so some other rep helped me out.

She activated the new receiver in 30 seconds. And waived the normal 15 dollar fee associated with it.

I called Jenna back today to verify that I had not been charged for the activation and that the promotion subscription had been reset. She confirmed that I had not been charged for the activation but subscription had not been reset to reflect the new start date as promised.

She took care of the subscription start date while I was on the phone and was told I will not be billed again till Jan, 2014.

I will not go in to great detail but when she reset my subscription she almost gave me the wrong SXM package. Which ironically happen to me about 2 months ago. This was another pain in the neck to straighten out over the phone. Funny I almost landed in the same situation again. (have not checked my radio out yet. Could still happen)

I guess in the end I am up and going. But it took WAY too much work to get there.

Thanks for the help.