The 2016 Motorsports Thread

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Sports' started by semipenguin, Jan 16, 2016.

1. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

It also gets preempted by MLS Soccer, golf, or whatever else they feel like. NBCSN's a shitty 3rd tier channel to start with, so you'd think that the #1 spectator sport in the world (F1) would get priority. I just love scanning through a couple hundred channels to see where they decided to put qualifying.

semipenguin likes this.
  2. scotchandcigar

Yeah, it's officially Rosberg's fault.

3. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I'm not a fan of wrecks. Rosburg said his brakes were going out. Oh well. I guess his steering had issues, too

scotchandcigar likes this.
  4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

5. scotchandcigar

semipenguin likes this.
  6. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I guess that made Juan Pablo Montoya the first Colombian redneck...

Maybe they can get Sofia Vergara to be the grand marshal of the first gay pride parade at a NASCAR race

7. scotchandcigar

Other than Montoya being overqualified for NASCAR, he doesn't stand out much as a Latin American. Half the Indy car drivers are from South America, and there's a lot of crossover.

semipenguin likes this.
  8. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

9. scotchandcigar

10. scotchandcigar

In happier news

upload_2016-8-8_13-47-23.png

semipenguin likes this.
  11. scotchandcigar

F1 US grand prix this weekend in Austin!

semipenguin likes this.
  12. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Yeah, I'm on my way down there for the Taylor Swift concert tonight. Then the race tomorrow

scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.
  13. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Not too impressed with the way the track is run. Hopefully it will be better for the F1 race tomorrow.

It was nice to see a lot of people from all different cultures & nationalities at the track, tho

14. scotchandcigar

That's awesome!

semipenguin likes this.
  15. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

If you ever decide to come watch the race, buy seats & bring lots of money.

Trying to find general admission areas is a bitch

16. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I'd post pics from turn 11, but my signal isn't very good, and the file size is too large. Need to figure out how to lower it

17. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

I only stayed for the first half of the race. Turn 11 was the only place I could really watch the race from.

Once was fine. I don't think I'd go back unless someone offered me tickets & lodging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotchandcigar and HecticArt like this.
  18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Still looks like it was cool.

semipenguin likes this.
  19. scotchandcigar

I went to the USGP in Indianapolis in 2002. The best part was practice day (Friday), as we were able to stand just a few feet from some of the infield turns. Qualifying was good for being able to see the pit action. But our seats on race day were between the start-finish and turn 1, which sounds good. However, the front straight is shared by the Indy 500 oval, so it has a huge wall and catch fence. The cars hug the wall, and the grandstands are 10 ft above, so you can't see the cars when they pass by. We basically watched the race on the big screen. And you needed headphones tuned to a local FM carrier to get the race announcing.

semipenguin likes this.
  20. scotchandcigar

I'm less than 5 hours from Montreal. One day, we will drive up for Friday practice, stay in Vermont, see Saturday qualifying, then drive home in time to see the race on TV Sunday.

semipenguin likes this.