The 2017 Mlb Season Thread

Will the Chicago Cubs Repeat as World Series Champions?

• Yes! 2/3rds the way to a Dynasty

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No! Another team will win

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
If they allegations are true, then they should be fined, their international bonus money taken away, and their next two years of first round picks should be stripped from them.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I would like to see an investigation started on the Red Sox, too. Alex Cora was the bench coach for the Astros in 2017. I wouldn't doubt they did the same thing last year.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I am not sure how much use it would be. The batter has like 3 seconds between when sign is given and when pitch is dispensed.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Let's see all games have cameras and they are televised. The cameras will catch all signs, from catchers, managers, coaches whoever does it. So technically they are stealing the signs, the networks and all 30 teams are guilty. That sound who knows where that was coming from, the fans, staff, security, Astros, White Sox or was it edited in by somebody to sound like it was at the game?

Until somebody physically catches somebody from the Astros organization on camera or admits to it. Like I said before #FakeNews

The Astros won the 2017 World Series fair and square with no * attach to it, unlike the Patriots!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Let's see all games have cameras and they are televised. The cameras will catch all signs, from catchers, managers, coaches whoever does it. So technically they are stealing the signs, the networks and all 30 teams are guilty. That sound who knows where that was coming from, the fans, staff, security, Astros, White Sox or was it edited in by somebody to sound like it was at the game?

Until somebody physically catches somebody from the Astros organization on camera or admits to it. Like I said before #FakeNews

The Astros won the 2017 World Series fair and square with no * attach to it, unlike the Patriots!

I think the issue is that yes the technology is available to all 30 teams but it is not legal to use. Only 1 team has been caught using it. Same with the Patriots stuff in the NFL. I am sure they were not the only team cheating but they were the ones caught.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I think the issue is that yes the technology is available to all 30 teams but it is not legal to use. Only 1 team has been caught using it. Same with the Patriots stuff in the NFL. I am sure they were not the only team cheating but they were the ones caught.
Astros haven’t been caught ... yet. The investigation is ongoing.