The Bugle: Half hour satire from across the pond

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by Ifandorbut, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

I've been listening to these half hour shows and I've been laughing quite a bit at them. Smart satire, sort of a lighter shade of the Daily Show. It comes off as one part prepared segments mixed in with another part of ad-libbed conversation between two guys that are quick witted.

Not recommended for most Stern fans. Catering more to people that align themselves to the left to be sure, but very enjoyable and fresh.

Love the background "news on the march" music. Found on iTunes in the comedy section of free podcasts and the timesonline website.

Check it out...there are 70 shows currently online.

The Bugle

2. Ifandorbut

They've broken the 100 mark. This is another podcast that gets released on a Friday. John Oliver has been on fire lately. His reports from the GOP convention in Hawaii was pretty good, especially on The Daily Show.

3. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i dont dig the daily show as much as i once did. im a colbert guy these days. but like i told ya before, you found a winner with the bugle. i listened to the past two (got this weeks tonight) and loved em. everyone should check this one out.

-jhdk

4. Ifandorbut

If you go to the Times website you can get the past episodes. The first thirty or so are pretty funny and you can get a taste of some of the in-jokes they reference occasionally to this day.

5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

this weeks episode was cool. the american right to flip the bird segment had me laughing at work. the emails were also pretty funny this week. overall good show...not the best ive heard from them though.

-jhdk

6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i just could not get into this weeks episode. i listened at work and it could not hold my attention at all. most weeks i really dig. i guess every week cant be a winner. hope they get back into their normal great form next week.